Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Issues with Ambushes  (Read 4440 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Issues with Ambushes
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:30:50 pm »

Is there any way to avoid them or have less of them occur? It seems every single time I get a group of companions together I get ambushed by the damn "Vice of Quills" I usually do the brave thing and sneak out...but it causes a headache when I'm trying to get somewhere and every single time all of my men get slaughtered by a bunch of angry goblins.
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Ambushes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »

This is how I do it-

1.Stop fast travelling.

2.WALK between two towns 1 or 2 times.

3.Legendary observer, meaning almost NO ambushes.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:10:29 am »

4. fight back you coward.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:12:16 am »

5. when they all will be slaughtered your skills will boost up and you won't need companions.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:45 am »

4. fight back you coward.
5. when they all will be slaughtered your skills will boost up and you won't need companions.
You almost always need companions. Unless you're a legendary Dwarf lord armoured head to toe in blue metal the chances are there's something out there that can and will try to kill you. A peasant meat shield helps counteract this.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 05:38:13 am »

undead make excellent meat shields , peasants will die too fast , archers are excellent support if you don't want someone to steal your kills .

undead and peasants like to steal your kills .

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:46 am »

I worry less about kills and more about staying alive really :P

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 05:49:56 am »

i play adventure mode to farm kills and become legendary hero /vampire/necromancer and destroy all civilizations except human.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 08:25:17 am »

Allies? Who needs allies? Legendary ambusher and walk everywhere. Even boogeymen can't get you because they have no idea where the frack you are. Find a cave, sneak attack the inhabitant, and boom! you are safe for the night. Ambushing is the best skill cause even if you get ambushed just duck behind a tree or a hill and sneak every enemy loses sight of you and then you can take them out 1 by 1.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:10 am »

Allies? Who needs allies?
Except when you do. Say like somewhere in a desert or a tundra. Nowhere to hide and when the sun falls behind the West... Well you'll know why you fear the night.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 09:53:42 am »

you can just stop fast travel and continue sneaking.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:56:38 am »

Then pray you are never spotted. Or have to sleep.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:00:05 am »

Allies? Who needs allies?
Except when you do. Say like somewhere in a desert or a tundra. Nowhere to hide and when the sun falls behind the West... Well you'll know why you fear the night.

Ok you got me there. In flat barren lands my tactic is useless. Happy? But in all reality, i don't go to thoes places often enough to care. Forests and caves all day 'ery day.

And while it is true you can't Fast Travel and Sneak at the same time. A Legendary ambusher has the same move speed in sneaking as well as out of it. And can go into sneaking mode even if he just ducks behind a tree. I usually only fast travel if I am near enough to a town to feel safe anyways but usually finding a hiding spot to evade an ambush isn't that hard if you know what to do/ get lucky/ not on open landscape.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 11:41:37 am »

masterwork bluemetal long sword solves everything .

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »

masterwork bluemetal long sword solves everything .

The bogeyman's upperbody is sent flying in a arc!
Bogeyman #2 kicks Urist mcbluemetal in the head, bruising the skull and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: [1] 2