Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 144846 times)

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (6217 BC - Slow and steady kills the Huns)
« Reply #615 on: December 04, 2013, 10:04:29 pm »

I think now is the time for internal reform.

The Aztecs are far north across deserts and marsh, while the Brazilians are within a daggers throw of the Cherokee heartland. With any luck they'll fight each other with the barbarians attacking the Cherokee constantly.

OK:
1. Move the capital to Aberpanapopuma, it's our largest city and near the center of our empire.
2. Research Bronze Working for Despotism. Massive. massive benefits, little drawbacks.
3. Research Candle Making & Oil Lamps, 25% bonus to workers each.
4. Research The Wheel, now we can make mud paths, 1/2 cost for movement over mud paths and our workers will be building them like lightning. Never, ever underestimate the advantage of internal movement.

I agree with everything minus the strikeout.  It is indeed time to consolidate our gains.  I also heartily endorse the last option.  We have a bazillion turns to build roads and a long future to get benefit out of them- there's really no reason for all our cities- even the far-flung ones- not to have roads connecting them.  If you feel brave you could even start running them toward our next conquests.

Why not move the capital? Big stability and commerce bonus.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:40 pm »

Because we are allowed/encouraged to make insane and unreasonable demands.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 04, 2013, 10:55:18 pm »

Fucking heretics, the lot of you. Our capital is a holy place, we can't govern from anywhere else.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:38 pm »

Fucking heretics, the lot of you. Our capital is a holy place, we can't govern from anywhere else.

Our religion is based on human sacrifice and you don't want to move the capital towards the future offerings?

Mixcoatl will not be pleased.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 05, 2013, 09:07:34 am »

Somebody gets it!

Our religion is based on human sacrifice and you don't want to move the capital towards the future offerings?

The gods are HOLY.  We work to bring the sacrifices to the gods.  We do NOT bring the gods to the sacrifices.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:56 am »

The gods are HOLY.  We work to bring the sacrifices to the gods.  We do NOT bring the gods to the sacrifices.

You're claiming the Gods live where we tell them to?

They might start thinking we're hiding something from them...

Which would explain why keeping our capital offshore is causing instability, the Gods are punishing us for our arrogance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2013, 01:56:43 pm »

No, no.  We are where we are because the gods put us there.  We don't tell them where to live- much the opposite. Moving the centrality of our existence is tantamount to heresy.

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 05, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »

No, no.  We are where we are because the gods put us there.  We don't tell them where to live- much the opposite. Moving the centrality of our existence is tantamount to heresy.

Then why is moving such a great benefit to stability?

Building a palace for the Gods on the mainland must be the right to do, otherwise why are these omens popping up?

The only thing I can figure out is that they want our capitol on the same continent as our holy city, and what better place then our largest city right next door?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 10, 2013, 02:48:36 am »

In celebration of 2014 (BC?), let's move the capital!  Dunno/dunnutcare where, but change is good!

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 17, 2013, 09:40:55 pm »

Move the capital.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 19, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »

Move the capital.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 19, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »

The gods are going to be very unhappy with you all if they ever show up and restart the flow of time again. We're going to have to kill like twice as many virgins to appease them at the new capital, I've done all the lay line charts on the matter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2013, 12:39:59 pm »

Alright, here are the votes on the two current issues:

The Capital:
Move Capital: Descan, GreatWyrmGold, Glacies, Satarus, A Real Libertarian, BishopX, EuchreJack, Lukeinator, Sergarr
Don't Move Capital: MetalSlimeHunt, Toaster
Colonize the Arctic to make Capital more centric: LordSlowpoke, stabbymcstabstab
The last one would take a lot of research - as in 'beyond modern-day tech' - and probably wouldn't solve our stability problems anyway, but it is a real option.

Research:
Research Stargazing: MetalSlimeHunt, Satarus
Rush Bronze Working and then some other stuff: A Real Libertarian, Toaster
Since researching stargazing is the senior request it gets the tiebreaker.

If everything goes well, I'll update tomorrow. You have until 12:00 UTC to cast any further votes, as well as suggest new names for Persepolis and Szeged. And remember, the votes of dead people don't count! Not that I'm encouraging you to kill each other or anything, that would be bad~
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 20, 2013, 02:27:37 pm »

suggest new names for Persepolis and Szeged.

I say keep the names to commemorate our victories!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 20, 2013, 04:57:40 pm »

Move the Capital and Research Stargazing
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43