Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 144839 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (6217 BC - Slow and steady kills the Huns)
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2013, 12:15:24 pm »

2 votes for moving the capital, 3 votes against. 1 vote for researching stargazing.

Well, I'm not gonna call it just yet. Just a reminder, Mayapanpenponpu was named such because the name couldn't be longer.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2013, 05:04:44 pm »

Did I vote for moving it yet? if not lets do it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 28, 2013, 02:17:45 pm »

I say we add some words to our new vocabulary.

PonShen, perhaps. PonpuNez, maybe?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2013, 12:39:14 pm »

I also vote move the capitol to the main land to free up stability and upkeep spent on keeping stable. 

Also get stargazing.  Get those tech buildings early for the long march to monarchy.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Free Boski 2013!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 03, 2013, 12:31:38 pm »

I vote against moving it, for now.

No, this isn't a bump.  Why do you ask?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 03, 2013, 01:14:12 pm »

It's funny, I was just thinking about this thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 03, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »

Why no sir, this is a bump.

* LordSlowpoke hammers thread incessantly

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »

Why no sir, this is a bump.

* LordSlowpoke hammers thread incessantly
Stop it, you'll scratch the paint!

I'll see if I can't get an update out before next year. I had a slight hard drive failure but I'm pretty sure the saves and the mod are still okay. I just haven't bothered to reinstall Civ 4 because of school.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 04, 2013, 09:55:53 am »

2 votes for moving the capital, 3 votes against. 1 vote for researching stargazing.

Well, I'm not gonna call it just yet. Just a reminder, Mayapanpenponpu was named such because the name couldn't be longer.

Initiating in-character mode:

---

What are we still discussing this for? We are Jivaro! Conquest is in our blood!
We have brought oblivion to the Celts, the Persians and the Huns alike!
We have expanded from our small poor island beneath the boot of the world to standing atop the throne of dominance!
We have broken the Neanderthals to our will and made them the tip of our spear!

We of course shall move our capital! So what if Rome didn't? Do you want to follow those weaklings? Broken under the weight of their arrogance and fear of expansion.
With change comes stability.
With stability comes surplus garrisons, to conquer our enemies!
With stability comes industrial development, to arm our military!
With stability comes scientific discoveries, to find ever better ways of crushing our enemies
With stability comes cultural advancement, to tell our foes what awaits them so they may know despair!

We will progress ever onward and upward to spread across the world and then turn our attention to the planets above and the stars beyond!
We shall not stop until the heavens burn with the name Jivaro!

So I ask of you, shall we cower from greatness like all others, or shall we make it ours?

What say you?

---

Ending in-character mode:

So put me down for moving the capital please.

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 04, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »

Oh, and let's go straight to Bronze Working.

As soon as Copper Working is done Metal Casing opens and after that's done Bronze Working opens immediately.

Bronze Working gives us units but more importantly we can upgrade to Despotism.

Limit of 10 cities before getting a penalty and the penalty is 2 unhappiness instead of 3, plus 30% maintenance increase for distance, number and overseas cities instead of 50% maintenance increase for those, plus a 25% bonus to military production.

So yeah...

[Disclaimer: At least on my copy]

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 04, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »

I vote that we move the capital.

Also, you can't have too many free tech wonders.

A Real Libertarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 04, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »

I think now is the time for internal reform.

The Aztecs are far north across deserts and marsh, while the Brazilians are within a daggers throw of the Cherokee heartland. With any luck they'll fight each other with the barbarians attacking the Cherokee constantly.

OK:
1. Move the capital to Aberpanapopuma, it's our largest city and near the center of our empire.
2. Research Bronze Working for Despotism. Massive. massive benefits, little drawbacks.
3. Research Candle Making & Oil Lamps, 25% bonus to workers each.
4. Research The Wheel, now we can make mud paths, 1/2 cost for movement over mud paths and our workers will be building them like lightning. Never, ever underestimate the advantage of internal movement.
5. Research Masonry, lots of buildings is always good.
6. Build Barracks in every city we haven't already, every XP we get at the start is an XP we don't need to fight for.
7. Is the tech for Town Watchmen nearby? If so, grab it as soon as practical, Riot Police I + immediate upgrade to Riot Police II via Barracks + 50% city defense bonus = massive decrease in crime, instability and forces necessary to hold cities against assault.
8. Build Military, Science, Industrial and Commerce buildings in that order. Military is an utter requirement for conquest, Science improves everything, Industrial means it takes less time to build material and Commerce isn't needed at this point with the advantages of moving the capital and implementing Despotism.

So what do you all think?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:24:33 pm by A Real Libertarian »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

So what do you all think?

I think we could use a couple of updates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 04, 2013, 09:58:22 pm »

I think now is the time for internal reform.

The Aztecs are far north across deserts and marsh, while the Brazilians are within a daggers throw of the Cherokee heartland. With any luck they'll fight each other with the barbarians attacking the Cherokee constantly.

OK:
1. Move the capital to Aberpanapopuma, it's our largest city and near the center of our empire.
2. Research Bronze Working for Despotism. Massive. massive benefits, little drawbacks.
3. Research Candle Making & Oil Lamps, 25% bonus to workers each.
4. Research The Wheel, now we can make mud paths, 1/2 cost for movement over mud paths and our workers will be building them like lightning. Never, ever underestimate the advantage of internal movement.

I agree with everything minus the strikeout.  It is indeed time to consolidate our gains.  I also heartily endorse the last option.  We have a bazillion turns to build roads and a long future to get benefit out of them- there's really no reason for all our cities- even the far-flung ones- not to have roads connecting them.  If you feel brave you could even start running them toward our next conquests.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43