Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 144935 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (16567 BC - First Contact)
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »

Yes, kill the Celts before they create massive stacks of death and fortify them on forested hills *shudder* The city-state of Canada did that on my current game. I can't possibly kill them because they produce soldiers faster than me and have more resources.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »

Death to Celts!

...but all survivors are granted full citizenships as reward for surviving our attack.  The greatest thing about headhunters: You're either their friend or your head is on a spike.  There is no middle ground.

So, that is another veto for slavery.  It's just not the headhunter way.

Also when we get a chance, I'd like us to adopt barter.  I have way too many spears that I'd really like to trade for some food.  Please?  EuchreJack hungry, please take spear for food.  EuchreJack like making spears, but no good at fishing (apparently fish no like EuchreJack smell).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2012, 04:47:41 am »

War.  And enslave them, please.  How many units do we have, and how strong are they? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2012, 06:33:40 am »

Uuuurrrghhh... Looks like there was a not-so-delicious surprise guest hidden in yesterday's delicious technical difficulties... On the plus side, I can now understand the mindset of the Jivaro a little better, since what with them living on a swampy island I bet a lot of them get horrible diarrhea and shit themselves to death too!

Well, I'm not dead yet, but if I had only the infrastructure and knowledge of the Jivaro, I'd probably die. As it is, I'll live, but I will be incredibly butthurt for a while.

I'd like to make an update nevertheless, but I cannot guarantee anything.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »

Hey Boksi, a question for you.  I downloaded Caveman2Cosmos V 25, and I can't get it to run with Steam's Beyond The Sword.  I tried altering every filepath I could find that expected a straight commercial installation, but there's something in system that expects the mod to be found in a folder called "Mods\Caveman2Cosmos " instead of "Mods\Caveman2Cosmos".  Did you have any trouble like that?

Remember that idea some people had a couple dozens of generations ago? The one where you enslave other people? I think we've just found these other people.

I seem to recall hearing that the sky pillars would fall over if anybody put some wood in the sea and got on it.  Yeah, I see how it is.  We find some humans who aren't Mayanpanpenponpu and all of a suddenlike, boy sitting on that wood and kicking water sure was a good idea!

I think somebody owes somebody an apology.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2012, 01:34:44 pm »

In the game's folder, there should be a "Beyondthesword" folder. use THAT one's mod folder, and it should work.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »

Since we seem to be asking questions. Is it normal for the game to randomly crash? It only happened once so far, so it won't be that bad.

As for the installation: link

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2012, 03:42:53 pm »

Yeah. I've been crashing a few times.

Turns out I need cities on tundra to build Viking Culture, so there goes my dream of a futurist asatru society. :(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2012, 04:32:21 pm »

Yeah. I've been crashing a few times.

Turns out I need cities on tundra to build Viking Culture, so there goes my dream of a futurist asatru society. :(
Whaaaaaaat. That sounds like a crappy restriction.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »

Remember that idea some people had a couple dozens of generations ago? The one where you enslave other people? I think we've just found these other people.

I seem to recall hearing that the sky pillars would fall over if anybody put some wood in the sea and got on it.  Yeah, I see how it is.  We find some humans who aren't Mayanpanpenponpu and all of a suddenlike, boy sitting on that wood and kicking water sure was a good idea!

I think somebody owes somebody an apology.
I'm sorry, but that was back when we only had sky spirits to consult with. With modern improvements in technology, like the acquisition of earth spirits, we know more about the world and can predict the outcomes of our actions with near certainty. So yes, it's obvious today that paddling to the Lands of the Others only causes the sky spirits to punish people with grasshut-destroying hurricane. The point is, we did not know that back then, our scientific thought was still flailing blindly about the mysteries of our existence, and we hadn't had enough data to justify putting each and every one of our brothers and sisters at risk.
You may brag about your supposedly good judgement now, but the fact remains that you advocated exploration with reckless abandon, with complete disregard for the safety of your kin, and quite simply without much thought. Don't you realise that you and your henchmen could've killed us all?
I ask you this, are we animals or children(pretty much the same anyway, but I digress) to let ourselves be driven by sudden urges and random fooleries, or are we people?
Think first, then act.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »

I don't know what you all are freaking out about anyway. The Others are just automatons.

Wait....what if....what if you all are automatons! What if I am! What if none of this is even real! We could just be a simulacrum of real people! I can't take this!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2012, 07:19:59 pm »

I'unno, that time Ponpu cut 'imself open while hopped up on snake venom only had a couple rocks stuck inside. Who ever heard of a squishy automaton? It'll make more sense once we start taking these... selltees... apart and seeing how the earth spirits are making them move. Then maybe we can make our own.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »

I think we should we should go with slavery, after all, we use those subdued vipers and animals all the time, and these "kill-ticks" make strange noises and are different from us, just like the animals we've used in the past!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »

I think we should we should go with slavery, after all, we use those subdued vipers and animals all the time, and these "kill-ticks" make strange noises and are different from us, just like the animals we've used in the past!
Agreed, we could definitely use the bonus from Advanced Livestock.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2012, 02:46:04 am »

You may wonder about the presence of an intelligence agency in prehistoric times. Tell me, have you ever seen a Neanderthal? No? That's how good they are.
They are also quite adept with the law, one spoke on my behalf when I speared Pen a few weeks ago during a fishing trip.

I say we do to these Keltics the same we did to the Neanderthal only on a greater scale. We war with them, take their city and make their people our own.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43