Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Specific military skill training...  (Read 2935 times)

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Specific military skill training...
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 04:23:25 pm »

Have squads of armored dwarves wrestler/punch/kick disarmed but armored goblins for a bit to work up their wrestling skill to 7-8+. then put them in a misc obj training uniform that gives them a wooden/leather shield. Repeat. Let them train to round out skills.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

Shield bashes are quite deadly attacks if the dwarf is skilled enough. Material makes some difference, but skill is more important.

Wrestle sparring is the only one that can kill your dwarf
2. Really?
Yeah, they throw each other around when they wrestle. They can collide with the floor, or skid along it, or hit a wall. Good armour helps, but to wear good armour effectively they need the Armour User skill, which they only focus on if you take away their weapon (to prevent parrying) and shield (to prevent blocking), which causes them to wrestle. Helms, gauntlets, and high boots are light metal pieces. Body and leg armour can be made of leather (preferably masterwork for the deflection bonus), and you can add a hood and cloak and regular clothing for more padding.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »

^^Indeed, its not common but ive lost candy clad axelords being retrained as wrestlers when one slides along the floor on his neck.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.
Pages: 1 [2]