Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: God mode?  (Read 6702 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
God mode?
« on: July 29, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

As much as I enjoy just playing good 'ol adventure mode. (After my past few successful playthroughs :D) I was also wondering if there was a way to tweak the game to make your character practically invincible, meaning he can just kinda take as many hits as possible and not die? I've seen in threads people say you can make your skin adamantine which seems to make your character less squishy but I'm just not sure how that would all be done...any help? :D
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: God mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:20 am »

You can play as a bronze colossus by adding this to your entity_default.txt:
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:COLLOSSUS_ADV]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
[TRANSLATION:DWARF]
[START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1]

You'll need to generate a new world for the change to work. In addition, if you create a custom creature for adventure mode, change CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE to CREATURE:(your creature title) and you'll be able to play as that creature.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:20 am »

Oh, and add [INTELLIGENT] to the BC tags, else you wont be able to learn kicks.
You can also replace the bronze in a colossus with slade for better punching.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:07 am »

Ahh thank you! So if I wanted to make my own race I could just change the entity name? Also where in the txt would I have to add it? Could it be anywhere such as at the end of the line or do I have to add it past dwarf etc?

Edit: Also if I put in those starting biome parts would that make them able to become a civilization? I was hoping to avoid that and just keep them strictly to me being one as an adventurer.

Edit 2: Sorry for all of the edits! But can the colossus wear armor? Or is that something that I don't have to worry about since it'd well...be made of bronze.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:24:03 am by Burnzy503 »
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

camz123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can put a population cap onto a civ, which at zero should make it so you can only spawn as an outsider of that race since no other members of the civ would exist.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:21:20 pm »

Yeah.  One thing you can do is make it a special caste of humans, though that might take a bit more work.  But you can do that and set the chance of birth to zero.  Also, if you're not the same size as a civ, no, you can't wear armor you find (you can mod in interactions to make some, however).

EDIT: Because if you put a zero pop-cap on a civ, it won't exist.  A caste would be the best chance, if you don't want to play as an outsider.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »

Well bronze colossus can hit like a truck but they can't heal wounds, so you can over time take enough damage and lose the ability to walk or attack and be a bronze stump.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »

If you really want, you could give it a transformation type interaction, so that it'll completely heal whenever you use it.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:42:01 am »

Well bronze colossus can hit like a truck but they can't heal wounds, so you can over time take enough damage and lose the ability to walk or attack and be a bronze stump.

You can just add [HEALING_RATE:1] under the (not hard to find) tissue definition.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:28 am »

If you play Masterwork DF I'll suggest to play a Mountain King. The only wounds I got so far were from jumping off a cliff, if I hit someone, he flys several spaces away... its simply effin wonderful.
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 06:01:39 am »

you...could mod an amphibious giant sponge that is intelligent and can grasp things...not sure if it would work though
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 06:07:09 am »

and what if the AI took control over the intelligent sponge during worldgen? i guess the world would be empty , only the sponge would live .

for god powers there is always adamantine colossuss.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:20:44 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »

you...could mod an amphibious giant sponge that is intelligent and can grasp things...not sure if it would work though

Yes, lets all play as spongebob....
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

KrEstoF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 03:03:49 am »

Or maybe you could have a creature with 100 arms and give 99 of them a shield.   :D

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

Hell, you can hold 99 shields already.

Pages: [1] 2