Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fell Mood Generation  (Read 4250 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Fell Mood Generation
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:19:39 pm »

So my mayor just ordered the construction of an adamantine table. While I do have access to candy, one wafer of it is more valuable to me than the life of a noble. I could easily flood his bedroom and kill him (I've already installed a mechanism to do it) but I think it would be better to make an artifact out of him. If I can't get a mood in time I can easily just drown the mayor or build him his damn table, so it's no big deal if it doesn't happen. I was just wondering if you wise dwarves have devised any way to control and generate fell moods so that a specific dwarf is killed by them.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Fell Mood Generation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

For starting them, read the Cult of bones thread. Basically, the dwarf needs to be unhappy arounf the time of artifact. They go to the first dwarf the see, so locking him in and dropping Urist McNoble in there will get some results.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:44:28 pm »

For starting them, read the Cult of bones thread. Basically, the dwarf needs to be unhappy arounf the time of artifact. They go to the first dwarf the see, so locking him in and dropping Urist McNoble in there will get some results.
But there's no way for me to tell who's going to get the mood, so are you suggesting I just lock everybody up?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

No, once a dwarf gets a fell mood, they go to the nearest butchery or leathershop. When they do that, lock them in and drop in the noble.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:19 pm »

No, once a dwarf gets a fell mood, they go to the nearest butchery or leathershop. When they do that, lock them in and drop in the noble.
Okay thanks. So how do I go about lowering all the dwarves' moods so they can get a fell mood without making them tantrum?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »

Okay thanks. So how do I go about lowering all the dwarves' moods so they can get a fell mood without making them tantrum?
Blame all murders from the justice screen on something innocent. Kill a friend or pet. Brew only one type of alcohol so that they get the "drank the same old booze" thought. Don't give them clothes.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 11:20:09 pm »

Well it's dawned on me that getting all of my dwarves from generally happy-ecstatic moods to being unhappy enough for a fell mood will take longer than it will take the mayor to start getting pissed and convicting people, so I'm just going to build him his stupid table and keep the fort happy. If shit does start hitting the fan and my dwarves are miserable though, I am definitely locking this guy in a room with Urist McManiacalLaugh.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 11:49:38 pm »

You could just not build the table. The major will get an unhappy thought but it wont matter too much if hes got a good dining room and keeps claiming good clothes. The only problem is one of your dwarves gets jail time or the "hammer" or gets beaten to a pulp if neither of the two previous options are available.

Now while inducing a mood is competely random there ARE some things you can do to ensure that certain dwarves are more eligible than others.
For a start make sure your unhappy dwarves have at least novice in a crafting skill. Be it leatherworking, bone carving, clothier, or whatever MAKES something. This will at least give them a better chance of being picked for crazy dwarven loincloth time.
Furthermore, remember that the more space you dig the higher the chances you get a mood and the more artifacts you can have. So get those miners working.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:17 am »

So what you're saying is...

UristMcNoble wants an adamantine table.

You don't want to make the table.

Instead of killing said noble, you want to force a dwarf into a fell mood, despite the obvious risks; make him slaughter the noble, and make an artifact out of him.

Genius!!!
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:33:25 am »

Genius!!!
I know, I know. I get that a lot.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 10:19:40 am »

I hope someone makes him into table. Also, you could melt the table down now, just a thought.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:22:33 am »

Also, you could melt the table down now, just a thought.
Oh I didn't think of that xD. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know if Urist McUppityBitch would go crazy if I removed his precious table.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:44:52 am »

Just FYI in the newest versions there are no material-based mandates. Just "Make short swords" or "make floor grates" etc.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:08 am »

Well apparently not. It specifically said he wanted an adamantine chair.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:42 am »

Oh wow I presumed you were in an older version. Interesting!
Pages: [1] 2