Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48119 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)
« Reply #600 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:22 am »

((The way I understood Yoink's last post, he should be available again around now.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 06, 2013, 02:39:17 am »

((Indeed!)

Trael ignored Larry's comment. Infact he ignored the others, too, focused as he was on driving his sword into the Wyrm before him.
"Let's see if this works..."

>Locate two major sections of the Wyrm, say, the point where a whole bunch of different bones are connected, and drive my sword between them like a wedge and do my best to prise them apart.

>If that fails, step quickly back and try again with an overhead strike, aiming to slice through a thin-looking part of the creature.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #602 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:45 am »

>Locate two major sections of the Wyrm, say, the point where a whole bunch of different bones are connected, and drive my sword between them like a wedge and do my best to prise them apart.
>Rorgrin reflects that bones aren't connected to each other by bones.
>Wyrm is bones.
>Trael is bones.
>How

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (87 - )
« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »

Commence glorious kicking.

"They split up?" - "This is one of the stories where everyone dies, isn't it?"
10/10

| You gloriously kick the wurm, cracking a few bones in the process. |

>Rorgrin reflects that bones aren't connected to each other by bones.
>Wyrm is bones.
>Trael is bones.
>How

Quote from: the kids
"Shush. It's still some kind of magic." - "And it's still bah."

"...not impressed by blunt force, I take it."

Cast draining weapon on Trael's sword.

| You weave your spell, but the looming, threatening presence of the wurm makes you mumble some words, fumble some gestures, and in the end Trael's weapon only receives a weak, short-term enchantment.

[Trael Draining Weapon: 2 turns]

((Indeed!)

Trael ignored Larry's comment. Infact he ignored the others, too, focused as he was on driving his sword into the Wyrm before him.
"Let's see if this works..."

>If that fails, step quickly back and try again with an overhead strike, aiming to slice through a thin-looking part of the creature.

| It's really all just bone. If there is a specific bone to pick, you can't tell it apart from the others.
| You raise your sword for an overhead slice, but the weapon kind of slides out of your hands.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 10 damage dealt
----

"Baradine, I'll go and help out the rest, stay back in case anything happens."

"I believe this requires your field of work."

"I- what?"

"This piano, its an anomaly in this area. I believe you've said something earlier before we ventured that you'd..."Like to see this place firsthand?" Touch that harp."

"You're crazy. You saw that it did to the skull. I like my flesh on me."

But then Baradine was already gone, for Baradine went into that-place-where-Zalgus went through, improvising a fire shield on himself in aiding whatever Zalgus was doing!

Rorrim sighed and touched the harp with what best his intuition could do with the situation - hopefully using one of the bones as a tool.

You trade places with Baradine, he running down the corridor you were in, towards the battle noise, and you returning to the throne room, ready to poke trapped harps with bones.

| You set up to touch the harp a few times with the fire giant bone, but stop short of it every time, flinching at the potential of traps reacting before you even touch the instrument.

| As Baradine runs, he puzzles over adapting his heat shield into a fire shield, gets a glorious idea, and proceeds to attempt casting it... | ... putting all his remaining magic into it...

In the throne room, Rorrim sees a burst of flame rushing out of the corridor. In the room with the bone wurm, Trael, Rorrim, and Zalgus see both a burst of flame and Baradine rushing out of the corridor, the latter screaming "With a bit of control, this will make an awesome fire shield!" Incredibly enough, he is barely even singed.

The wurm uses the confusion and lets loose a shower of bone splinters at Zalgus and Baradine. | The shrapnel bites both of them with deadly precision and opening several wounds. |

----
Level-up for Trael after the battle... if he survives. :devil:

I'll probably change the workings of level-up in the future.

I notice at some point I dropped the rules I had for improvising spells. Guess we now have the one simple roll I've used more often.
----

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2013, 08:13:39 am »

"Can someone pull me out of here?!"
Use 3 action points to attack Wyrm with hammer.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:57 am »

Trael's irritation was growing. This was taking far too long, such a waste of time. He raised his blade to try again.

>Slash at whichever part(s) of the Wurm fired those bone shards, if possible. Try to sever it/them.
If I cannot target the specific part they came from, just try and sever parts from the creature's extremities.
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 11, 2013, 04:57:25 am »

Zalgus cried out in genuine pain under the Wyrm's onslaught. He hadn't felt that much power since they'd arrived, and had apparently forgotten that the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams was, in fact, a very dangerous place.

"Gah! You break it you fix it, beast!"

Draining Gaze the Wyrm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2013, 01:33:38 pm »

((Tiriun?))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 16, 2013, 12:55:45 am »

((Tiriun?))
((I thought I already posted >.>

Sorry!))

Should I touch it? I don't know anything about these magic-imbued items. I mean, magic essentially means something not that understood!

Curse it.

Rorrim shall knock the harp-object with the bones of the dead giant! And then prepare for any backlash of trap-ish stuff!

Meanwhile...

"Thrice curse this!"

Baradine went off any Flame Weapon'd Trael! Or...any of his allies that seemed to be the most formidable and examined the area intently.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (88 - )
« Reply #609 on: February 17, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

"Can someone pull me out of here?!"
Use 3 action points to attack Wyrm with hammer.
No one answers your query. How utterly typical. You put all your frustration into your next attack, imagining that you're wrecking the heads of your companions instead.

| Though your attack is well-placed, the wurm shifts instinctively to slide a larger bone into harm's way, taking off some of the brunt of the damage. |

Trael's irritation was growing. This was taking far too long, such a waste of time. He raised his blade to try again.

>Slash at whichever part(s) of the Wurm fired those bone shards, if possible. Try to sever it/them.
If I cannot target the specific part they came from, just try and sever parts from the creature's extremities.
The shards seem to come from the countless heads the pretty much limbless creature seems to have. You probably won't be able to sever all of them, but it can't hurt to try.
| You hurl your sword at an angle to maximize its decapitation potential, and amazingly enough sever several of the spines, but the sword becomes entangled in the bony mass. "It is a good thing you can magically call your weapon back as long as you see it, but it still isn't a proper ranged weapon." |. You feel strangely, slightly restored as well. Was that Zalgus' spell? |

Zalgus cried out in genuine pain under the Wyrm's onslaught. He hadn't felt that much power since they'd arrived, and had apparently forgotten that the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams was, in fact, a very dangerous place.

"Gah! You break it you fix it, beast!"

Draining Gaze the Wyrm.
| You fixate the monstrosity, and though you notice that the beast resists a part of the draining gaze, you feel some of its corrupted and stale life force draw into you. Ew, tastes moldy. | Moreover, the monster seems rather confused at this turn of events.

((Tiriun?))
((I thought I already posted >.>

Sorry!))

Should I touch it? I don't know anything about these magic-imbued items. I mean, magic essentially means something not that understood!

Curse it.

Rorrim shall knock the harp-object with the bones of the dead giant! And then prepare for any backlash of trap-ish stuff!

Meanwhile...

"Thrice curse this!"

Baradine went off any Flame Weapon'd Trael! Or...any of his allies that seemed to be the most formidable and examined the area intently.

| You knock against the harp's strings. Oddly enough, that doesn't impact the sounds that the harp occasionally makes in any way.

Baradine is unsure what to do. He wanted to flame weapon Trael's sword, but the skeleton tossed it into the strange bone creature just now, and Baradine is all out of magic. He decides that the next best course of action is to take a bite of dryadfruit and flame weapon Rorgrins hammer.

| Perhaps it was the haste, perhaps Baradine still hasn't quite recovered from his fiery entrance, but he feels that his enchantment is of a damn short duration.

[Trael Draining Weapon: 1 turn]
[Rorgrin Flaming Weapon: 2 turns]

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 17 damage dealt

----
Level-up for Trael after the battle... if he survives. :devil:

I'll probably change the workings of level-up in the future.
----

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #610 on: February 17, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

Teamwork is overrated. "Subtlety is for those who don't have a warhammer."
Three more action points for another strike with the hammer!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2013, 02:17:26 am »

"Blegh. Still better than dying, I suppose."

Draining gaze the wyrm again!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2013, 08:48:42 am »

((Knock knock?))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2013, 10:03:59 am »

((Sorry! D:))

"Time for a slight change of tactics. Larry, a battle cry, if you would?"

>Launch myself onto the Wurm, wrap an arm around it to hang on, make a fist of my free hand and shove it as deeply into the mass of bones as I can, and then recall my sword. Into that hand.

"Let us see which magic is stronger, that of the creature or that of my blade.

>...If nothing happens, just start pulling the thing apart piece-by-piece whilst trying not to look foolish.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:44 am »

((Sorry Knight! D: I thought I posted this days ago!!))

The sound of breaking knuckles was heard from the hall.

"Alright, I've had enough of this." Rorrim used one of the nearby bones to dislodge the harp.

Meanwhile...

At least its with fire, better make this count.

Baradine glanced at his more mentally inclined allies as he shifted his grip on the sword, attacking the Wyrm as his fatigue or lack of action potential didn't help at all!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45