Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48198 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #555 on: December 13, 2012, 04:55:48 am »

A bit lost, Zalgus shall simply go down the stairs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:47 am »

Baradine: "Alright boys, what say I scout out this frozen wasteland, casting Heat Shield on myself before any of you enter? Doesn't seem like a good bargain if we all go through there and end up buffeted by the weather, eh?"

"Your funeral, but remember we've only two Blue Dryadfruits left. Save your energy."

"I'll be fine."

Rorrim shall return and get THAT ROCK from THAT LIGHTNING ROOM. And then follow Rorgrin.

"Correction, the mage did, Rorgrin. I think we should try to follow them or at least make a new path other than killing insects, though it is very tempting..."

Baradine shall...err, follow Zalgus in his topographical difficulties!

Rorrim shall follow where Rorgrin wishes to, or goes downwards and tries to find a torch, examining the room if any.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (80 - )
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2012, 05:55:32 pm »

Trael moved silently, blade raising as his body twisted away from the flying skulls, then swinging back down again towards the beast.
In that manner he danced this strange, jerky-looking dance as he fought the thing, the only real sign of life his eyesockets blazing with spectral light.

>Sidestep and dodge any skulls in between slashes at the thing!
Slash/Defend (1d6=6, 1d6=6)
You dodge, jump, and slash as the wurm bites hundredfold, rolls, and weaves. Somehow, you end up riding on the monster's back after a while.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 4 damage dealt

----

((Through the corridor, down the stairs, and then past the entrance to munuruk territory is the way that the munuruk aren't.))
"That way! And lets burn down their stuff while they're gone!
Wait, you already did that?

A bit lost, Zalgus shall simply go down the stairs.
Baradine: "Alright boys, what say I scout out this frozen wasteland, casting Heat Shield on myself before any of you enter? Doesn't seem like a good bargain if we all go through there and end up buffeted by the weather, eh?"

"Your funeral, but remember we've only two Blue Dryadfruits left. Save your energy."

"I'll be fine."

Rorrim shall return and get THAT ROCK from THAT LIGHTNING ROOM. And then follow Rorgrin.

"Correction, the mage did, Rorgrin. I think we should try to follow them or at least make a new path other than killing insects, though it is very tempting..."

Baradine shall...err, follow Zalgus in his topographical difficulties!

Rorrim shall follow where Rorgrin wishes to, or goes downwards and tries to find a torch, examining the room if any.

The four of you follow the corridor to a narrow staircase down. You begin your descend as Baradine says "Right. The next doorway we'll reach on this staircase will lead to the munuruk and the dryad..." - "We're not going to visit your evil woodfriend, unless it is to burn her down." Rorgrin interjects. "Right. Let's just ignore that doorway then and go further down?"

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »

"Evil woodfriend? You've been making acquaintances without me!

Well, that's alright, magic book. Say, what do you know about dryads?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2012, 02:41:30 pm »

"Well I'm going further down. Feel free to stay behind and fall in love with more trees and eat brightly coloured fruit given to you by evil spirits, that's not suspicious at all."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 18, 2012, 02:05:39 pm »

"Erm, yeah. Dryads. You see, a funny story, really. It all began in a patch of foliage and fire..."

Baradine shall await Zalgus' interrogation of the book - if positive in any manner, he returns to the Dryad while handing over the fruit if his inventory cannot take any more to Zalgus.

Rorrim shall follow Rorgrin.

"We've helped them, now they should help us I bet. They outnumber us and probably have a hive mind. So...You take the lead."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2012, 12:06:43 am »

>Bite it! Bite it!

>Pull off all its skulls with my teeth and toss them away!

>Also take a firm grip on my sword and push the blade into the creature! I'm not sure if that'll do much but hey.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (81 - )
« Reply #562 on: December 21, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

Dryads never were quite in my masters sphere of interest, but they are creatures of Faerie, with many wondrous abilities. They hold a bond to either a tree, a grove, or even a whole forest, and die when their bond dies. The way I hear it, they also tend to be pleasing to the male eye, as well, though I cannot verify that particular information. If your friends destroyed something valuable to a dryad that wasn't her bond, and were only given a task, as I gather it, then that dryad has changed quite a bit from the archetype I am familiar with.

"Well I'm going further down. Feel free to stay behind and fall in love with more trees and eat brightly coloured fruit given to you by evil spirits, that's not suspicious at all."

"Erm, yeah. Dryads. You see, a funny story, really. It all began in a patch of foliage and fire..."

Baradine shall await Zalgus' interrogation of the book - if positive in any manner, he returns to the Dryad while handing over the fruit if his inventory cannot take any more to Zalgus.

Rorrim shall follow Rorgrin.

"We've helped them, now they should help us I bet. They outnumber us and probably have a hive mind. So...You take the lead."

Baradine wonders about the book's information. The dryad certainly hadn't been quite what he expected... especially he had been surprisingly lenient about the destruction of the garden, all things considered.

The four of you decide to stay together for now, descending the staircase. ...

The four of you stand in a room with two open doors. One seems to lead back to the staircase you were just beginning to descend, another leading to a large room, dominated by a massive throne occupied by a skeleton just as massive, and a large harp stands next to the throne. There seems to be a flickering, winged humanoid sitting by the harp. You hear occasional harp tunes, a faint sound of combat, and the occasional massive roar.

----

>Bite it! Bite it!

>Pull off all its skulls with my teeth and toss them away!

>Also take a firm grip on my sword and push the blade into the creature! I'm not sure if that'll do much but hey.

Bite! Stab! 2*Defense! (1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=4)

You try to bite the wurm, but find that the wurm shifts a bit too violently right now, but you get a quick stab in as the wurm remains still for a tiny moment (2 damage).

Shake off that pest! (1d6=1, 1d6=4)
The wurm roars and rears, but you grab a convenient spine to avoid being thrown off the monster.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 6 damage dealt

On the floor:
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »

"Salutations musician! Happen to know any good songs?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 23, 2012, 05:55:33 am »

"Hrm... and what about this, Book? Any idea what all this is?"

Examine skeleton and throne in more detail, but at a distance.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

"Throne of a Giant, perhaps? The skeleton looks...vaguely humanoid. And battle, supposing the denizens of this place are only for guardians or for neutral purposes, there must not be any battle here.

"Unless there are other groups along with u-...didn't we have a skeleton warrior along earlier?!"

Rorrim shall examine ye skeleton and try to discern where the sounds of combat are coming from.

"Well, obviously, it is humanoid. What isn't however is the harp player. And I must go to the Dryad, by the way."

Baradine shall quickly examine ye Harpist before heeding the Munuruk and heading back to the Dryad for her summons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 26, 2012, 01:00:38 am »

Trael sadly couldn't provide any witty one-liners right now, being far too busy trying to bite his opponent into submission.
The sound of bone clacking on bone echoed throughout the chamber as this strange battle drew on.

>Continue biting!

>Anchor myself onto the creature with my sword, hopefully doing more damage to it in the process!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (82 - )
« Reply #567 on: December 27, 2012, 02:29:32 pm »

"Salutations musician! Happen to know any good songs?"
There is no response, but also no attack. How very unusual for this place.

"Hrm... and what about this, Book? Any idea what all this is?"

Examine skeleton and throne in more detail, but at a distance.
That looks like the skeleton of a giant, fire giant from the size, and the Dance of Souls Enamored... which looks quite unenamored by this place.

| Yes, that very much looks like a fire giant skeleton. The throne, which holds an open door between the legs of the giant skeleton, is decorated with subtle flame ornaments and treated gold inlays typical for the Sinmara dynasty. Arguably, this throne belongs in a volcano.

"Throne of a Giant, perhaps? The skeleton looks...vaguely humanoid. And battle, supposing the denizens of this place are only for guardians or for neutral purposes, there must not be any battle here.

"Unless there are other groups along with u-...didn't we have a skeleton warrior along earlier?!"

Rorrim shall examine ye skeleton and try to discern where the sounds of combat are coming from.

"Well, obviously, it is humanoid. What isn't however is the harp player. And I must go to the Dryad, by the way."

Baradine shall quickly examine ye Harpist before heeding the Munuruk and heading back to the Dryad for her summons.

| You sort of look down the door between the legs of the giant skeleton, where the sounds of battle are coming from before you get to the skeleton. You examine the first bone of the right big toe. Then you move on to the next toe bone, and so on, and so on. Finally you stand on the skeleton's skull, exclaiming "This is the skeleton of a Gigantis pyromental inferior, male. Wound examination yields that it was likely a champion warrior, surviving no less than 534 battles to the death, against many different foes. There are no signs of bone diseases, and the overall size and structure of the corpus indicates that, contrary to many of his contemporaries and present-day relatives, he succumbed to Old Hag Elli - death of old age."

| Baradine looks at the flickering winged person, shrugs, and tries to touch him. His hand goes right through. Out of ideas, he goes back to the stairwell. Huh. It looks like a looooong way, longer than he remembers descending.

---

Trael sadly couldn't provide any witty one-liners right now, being far too busy trying to bite his opponent into submission.
The sound of bone clacking on bone echoed throughout the chamber as this strange battle drew on.

>Continue biting!

>Anchor myself onto the creature with my sword, hopefully doing more damage to it in the process!
| You bite and drive your sword deeper. You don't seem to be harming the beast, but at least you force it to still try and shake you off.

| The wurm shakes and roars once more, but your grip is secure for the moment.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 6 damage dealt

----
Level-up for Baradine - anyone have any suggestions for him?

----

On the floor:
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 27, 2012, 07:06:44 pm »

((Baradine's actually back on the forums, albeit temporarily. You could PM him. :P

Otherwise, no idea. Haven't been able to tell him apart from Rorrim for a while now. >_>))

"Ah, fascinating. Likely Sinmara dynasty, based on the thronework.

Ah, but what was this about the Dance of Souls Enamored, Book? What's that ghostly figure playing up there?"

Ask Book, move up to and examine ghostly figure myself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 27, 2012, 09:39:20 pm »

((Its the colored text Irony XD

Rorrim speaks in my patented Yellowgreen, while Baradine speaks in normal (white for Darklight, black for Core)))

"Its a long way back, doubt I can get to the dryad before more fun happens here. Also, the winged humanoid is intangible, but visible."

"Giant died of old age, battle coming from between his legs, through that door."

Rorrim - examine the markings or any symbols on the door//the throne

Baradine - try to determine whether the ghostly figure is friendly or not, or even noticing them.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45