Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48295 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (20 -Mad pudding)
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »

Club slime.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

The skeleton nodded, a creepy bobbing motion of his gleaming skull, and marched fowards relentlessly. He kept his blade at-the-ready.
"Yes, a garden. And no-doubt the gardener will be down here somewhere too. Or his pets..."

>Press onwards, ready to deal with any vicious jungle creatures, crazed undead gardeners or any combination of the above.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (23 - Padded pudding)
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:15 am »

"GET OFF ME YOU GLORIFIED VITRIOL!"

Attack with the half-brick!

Brick the slime/pudding defense (1d6-1=5, 1d6=2) You attack the large slime with your half-brick, clearly denting the monster (1 damage)

I assume cutting with the sword with my sword would be a fairly bad idea.  So we shall Get some distance on the puddings and attack the Black pudding 1 droplet with a firebolt.

((Question:  Does Firey Cylinder cause friendly fire?))
Firebolt the droplet/pudding defense (1d6+1=2, 1d6=5) You grimace as your firebolt shoots over the slimes and into the ceiling.

Warcry for others to hear!

Where are the rest? Have we been separated so easily? What are those things!?

Check the enemies for any signs of damage//weakness. Check the surroundings for any torches or fire source.

If none, and if possible: BASH WITH THE HAFT OF MY POLEARM!

Warcry! (1d6+1=3) You croak like a frog. That just doesn't do the trick.
Check enemy (1d6+1=3) Well, they have bodies, and anything with bodies can be killed, right?
Bash the slime/slime defense (1d6-1=5, 1d6=2) You improvise a club with your polearm (-1 to attack), and whack the slime perfectly, yet it leaves little more than a bruise (1 damage)

Club slime.
Club the slime/slime defense (1d6=1, 1d6=1) As any self-respecting necromancer, you try to club the slime like you might club baby seals. You barely even grace your opponent, and only because it slithers back do you avoid stumbling into its slimy embrace. Even beyond that, you get the feeling that you're doing something wrong.

The most-damaged-looking pudding tries to engulf Rorrim again, but collapses a few inches to the right, leaving it open to attack (+1 to attacks against it next turn) Attack Rorrim/Rorrim defense (1d6=1, 1d6=5)
The droplet decides that Zalgus may be a better target for its first kill, but misses him as well. Attack Zalgus/Zalgus defense (1d6=3, 1d6=5)
The final pudding however remains in battle with Rorgrin. but even it can't touch the half-brick wielder. Attack Rorgrin/Rorgrin defense (1d6+1=4, 1d6=5)

Enemies - 2 black puddings

Black pudding 1 - 15/25 hp -  melee distance to to Rorrim, close distance to others, not visible to Trael.
Black pudding 1 droplet 1 - 4 hp - melee distance to Zalgus and Rorgrin, close to everyone else but Trael
Black pudding 2 - 24/25 hp -  melee distance to Zalgus and Rorgrin, close to everyone else but Trael

----

The skeleton nodded, a creepy bobbing motion of his gleaming skull, and marched fowards relentlessly. He kept his blade at-the-ready.
"Yes, a garden. And no-doubt the gardener will be down here somewhere too. Or his pets..."

>Press onwards, ready to deal with any vicious jungle creatures, crazed undead gardeners or any combination of the above.
Navigate the garden (1d6=4)
You hack away at the growths for a while until you find the remains of a path. Still overgrown, but surely it leads somewhere.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Circular room, in a slime: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2012, 06:17:40 am »

"I wonder how we got this sword," Trael wondered aloud as he carved himself a path with the thing.
"Did I have it when I was... Alive? Or did whoever did this to us provide it?"
Troubling thoughts indeed. Then again, most everything was troubling in his present situation. He decided to shove aside all thoughts excepting those of his objective. He went back to the task at hand.

>Continue along, clearing plants as needed!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2012, 06:38:29 am »

"I will smite your generously hideous spawn vile mucus!"

GET UP AND ATTACK HIS BABY SLIME WITH THE HALF BRICK

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:25 am »

"This is getting us NOWHERE!"

He pulled the deviant Rorgrin next to him.

"Lad, if they're so hellbent on chasing us, I say we proceed farther in and find some torches and somesuch. Don't look like we'd be hurting those piles of muck."

GTFO, stage right? Err, the passage that leads farther in...If not, apply boot to nearest pudding.

"I wonder if these things are edible?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2012, 01:42:58 pm »

"We ARE damaging them, just very slowly," Zalgus said, obviously irritated. "I can't swear fleeing wouldn't be better, but I don't want these things creeping up on us either!"

Club baby seal slime!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »

Wack the smallest pudding with the flat of my blade.  Not the Edge.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (24 - Gone clubbing)
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2012, 03:30:30 pm »

"I wonder how we got this sword," Trael wondered aloud as he carved himself a path with the thing.
"Did I have it when I was... Alive? Or did whoever did this to us provide it?"
Troubling thoughts indeed. Then again, most everything was troubling in his present situation. He decided to shove aside all thoughts excepting those of his objective. He went back to the task at hand.

>Continue along, clearing plants as needed!
"Well, we woke up with it in our coffin, so I'd say it was yours in life."
You cut away plants until you reach a few stairs upwards. Taking these stairs, you end up on a balcony barely above the jungle garden. Just below the ceiling, a sphere of light hovers, and a door leads out of the garden area.

----

"I will smite your generously hideous spawn vile mucus!"

GET UP AND ATTACK HIS BABY SLIME WITH THE HALF BRICK

Get up, attack baby slime/slime defense (1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=6) You attempt to get up to smash the ooze droplet, but you find yourself out of room to maneuver. However, your attack still spreads the baby slime all over the room, the drops not twitching an inch. Yep, that's a dead droplet.

"This is getting us NOWHERE!"

He pulled the deviant Rorgrin next to him.

"Lad, if they're so hellbent on chasing us, I say we proceed farther in and find some torches and somesuch. Don't look like we'd be hurting those piles of muck."

GTFO, stage right? Err, the passage that leads farther in...If not, apply boot to nearest pudding.

"I wonder if these things are edible?"
Get Rorgrin up, flee (1d6=2, 1d6=6) (kept old description by accident)
You try to get Rorgrin to his feet, but fail to do so. You still drag him deeper into the library, causing him a few bruises (1 damage)

"We ARE damaging them, just very slowly," Zalgus said, obviously irritated. "I can't swear fleeing wouldn't be better, but I don't want these things creeping up on us either!"

Club baby seal slime!
Since the baby seal slime is dead, you go for the next-best target, the slime that had attacked Rorrim. Attack slime/slime defense (1d6+1=2, 1d6=1), but don't even leave a dent. At least the pudding seems to still be... disoriented?

Wack the smallest pudding with the flat of my blade.  Not the Edge.
You improvise a club with your sword. Attack slime/slime defense (1d6=1, 1d6=6) It goes into the slime's body without dealing damage, and it tries to slither away with the sword still in it. Strength check against slime (1d6=2, 1d6=2) Neither of you budge.

The somewhat off-balance slime 1 tries to shake off its predicaments. Shake-off rolls (1d6=3, 1d6=5)
The slime shakes a bit, but neither finds its balance nor does it slide off the blade embedded in it.
The second slime tries to follow Rorrim and Rorgrin into the library. Follow! (1d6=1) It tries a few shapes to fit through the door, but doesn't find one.

Black pudding 1 - 15/25 hp -  melee distance to to Zalgus and Baradine, close distance to others, not visible to Trael.
Black pudding 2 - 24/25 hp -  Close to everyone else but Trael

On the floor:
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »

Keep clubbin'

"We're... winning, right?"

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2012, 03:42:44 pm »

Pull out my sword.  Viciously.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

"Ow."

Ignore Rorrim and attack any animate puddle that would be so foolish as to make itself visible with the Half-Brick!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2012, 11:30:03 pm »

Find a book on lore about this place, or at least the denizens that plague it.

((I do not want to hear a 'you can't read because you're a warrior' thing.  :P))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »

Trael gave the overgrowth below one careful sweep with his glowing 'eyes', then turned and headed through the door.

>Scan the garden area for any signs of movement, then head through the door and press onwards.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (25 - Out of the Garden)
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2012, 11:29:58 am »

Keep clubbin'

"We're... winning, right?"
Club the slime! (1d6+1=6, 1d6=3) You club the slime [2 damage]. Yes, clubbing is definitely the way to victory. You're convinced of that.

Pull out my sword.  Viciously.
Get the sword back! (1d6+1=6, 1d6=6) You gather all your might to slice through the slime and get your sword back, and toss a new droplet into the world. It remains quivering in place.

"Ow."

Ignore Rorrim and attack any animate puddle that would be so foolish as to make itself visible with the Half-Brick!

You prepare your attack...

Find a book on lore about this place, or at least the denizens that plague it.

((I do not want to hear a 'you can't read because you're a warrior' thing.  :P))
Find a book! (1d6+1=5) Hey, there's a book wedged deep under one of those shelves, and you can definitely make out the words "Bloodstained Dreams" on the spine! Now how to get it...

The most-wounded pudding tries to bash Baradine, but flounders. (Attack Baradine/Baradine Defense (1d6-1=1, 1d6=4))
Its newest spawn crawls up to Zalgus and tries to attack the necromancer, who is so entranced with his clubbing that he barely notices the approaching pudding until it is on him. (Attack Zalgus/Zalgus Defense (1d6=4, 1d6=1)) Though the slime's bash doesn't do too much damage (2 hp), he is so shocked that he stumbles backwards and falls prone.
The large, barely dented ooze tries again to fit through the door, and find a form that is exactly the same as the frame (Fit through! (1d6=6)). As it quivers through, Rorgrin attacks the beast that seems too distracted to defend itself (Attack! (1d6=4)),

Black pudding 1 - 10/25 hp -  melee distance to to Zalgus and Baradine, close distance to others, not visible to Trael.
Black pudding 1 droplet 2 - 3 hp - melee distance to to Zalgus and Baradine, close distance to others, not visible to Trael.
Black pudding 2 - 22/25 hp -  Melee to Rorgrin, Close to everyone else but Trael

----

Trael gave the overgrowth below one careful sweep with his glowing 'eyes', then turned and headed through the door.

>Scan the garden area for any signs of movement, then head through the door and press onwards.
Scan the garden (1d6=4)
You see nothing suspicious in the garden, so you leave through the door. You're presented with a corridor that seems to be curving to your left and right. No further doors are visible from your current position.

On the floor:
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45