Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48250 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (17 - Exashrine)
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012, 01:22:41 pm »

(I don't know Trael is being attacked by pudding, right?)

"What do you know about this keep?"

Ask.
"Enough to fill several lifetimes, yet very little of what lies beyond the entrance into the deeps. I'd rather not try and guess what is important to you, what would bore you, and what would be important enough if I thought you could survive to that point. I may be tell you things if you are more specific, but something I can tell you is that there are worse things down there than ghouls, and worse things than Prodith, for that matter."

"Did you have specific business with us, then, or did you just feel it wise to address us before we stumbled into you?

More to the point, do you know the way down?"

Inquire.
"Parts of one, parts of the other, really. I had rather that you don't waste time trying to destroy me, and I wanted to see if you might be up to the task of destroying Prodith. As for the way down, we're standing right in front of it. There's a door, but from the sounds of it, your friend that rushed down has already opened it."

"And...why did they kill you?" Rorrim added in.

After that, examine the shrine.
"Prodith did it to turn me into a convenient torturable thing. Mental torture, of course. Can't leave the area of Bloodstained Dreams, can't move down past the first floor of the Keep, or rather, into the Tower, can't die permanently unless Prodith is killed..."
Your question answered, you head back up to examine the shrine. (1d6+1=6) It's a shrine to Tiamat, definitely. Called the Archwyrm by laypeople, despite having little sway over dragons and their ilk, among the learned, she is better known as a demon goddess, the Wyrm of Change, highest of the ti'asku, thriving on hatred of the world and life as it is and the desire to change, reforge. Her legate, Magog, is a tortured creature that has been known to have been killed a number of times, only to be brought back to life by Tiamat so he can continue to suffer. A long time ago, Tiamat was supposedly using a secret organization that sought to reforge the world, the Ashen Talon, but what eventually became of it... you sit down in front of the shrine, pondering whether it holds further secrets. Surely it must. Must.

----

Bring out vaguely explained light source we're all apparently carrying one of.

Walk down the hallway.

Keep tapping the walls.

Ra-ta-ta-tap.

You get out your lamp to supplement the light coming through the windows, and walk down the hallway, constantly tapping the walls. You end up in the dead end none the wiser.

----

((Whoops, thought I'd posted))

"Hnnh. Any idea what those are?" The skeleton addressed the voice in his head, eyeing the vaguely threatening-looking blobs with suspicion. Eventually he went to walk swiftly past them, taking the first door he saw which could possibly lead in the right direction.
He kept an eye on the things, though. And a tight grip on his sword.

>Head through nearest hopeful door! Avoid weird blobs, whatever they are. If they attack me, slice 'em up. But mostly just try to step past them.
"Black puddings. Try not to cut or bludgeon them. Latter doesn't work out well, former creates smaller spawn. Best keep your distance until the slackers get here."
You attempt to rush past the globbing blobs, getting to the closest door available.
Avoid the blobs vs close in on yummy skeleton. (1d6=4, 1d6=2)
You reach the door easily enough, pushing against it, then trying to pull it. Dammit. It appears to be locked.

Enemies - 2 black puddings - medium distance to Trael, not visible to the others.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012, 02:21:33 pm »

"This Prodith is strong, right?  And he's in the way from descending lower into the Keep, or the Tower, as it were.  I say we defeat this Prodith guy and release this lichscar from it's suffering."

Say.  Move on to the door that the lichscar says will take us deeper into the keep.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2012, 05:17:50 pm »

Meditate, scrutinize the altar for information.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:37 pm »

If he had had facial muscles and, you know, skin, Trael would be grimacing right now. Those blobs- which were, apparently, dangerous after all- were closing in, he didn't have time to waste finding an unlocked door.

He drew back one bony leg and let fly, hoping age and disrepair had weakened the door somewhat...

>Kick in the door! Unless it's made of metal. If it's made of metal or doesn't break under my kick, move quickly away from the puddings and try opening another one. Don't cut them with my sword, but if necessary use it to keep them from nomming my legbones.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

Search for way down, head on down.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »

"Well wasn't that just nice."

"Where is everyone?"

Calmly walk down the corridor to the West entrance. Or exit I guess.

♫Ra-ta-ta-tap♫

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"This Prodith is strong, right?  And he's in the way from descending lower into the Keep, or the Tower, as it were.  I say we defeat this Prodith guy and release this lichscar from it's suffering."

Say.  Move on to the door that the lichscar says will take us deeper into the keep.
Search for way down, head on down.
"I don't know exactly where she is down there. She wouldn't be too deep, but I suspect you won't find her on the first few floors either."
You two go down the stairs, past a stone door adorned with etchings of four tentacles grasping at a human skull. You arrive in the center of a circular room with several doors, Trael trying to open one of them, beset by two moving black globs of slime.

If he had had facial muscles and, you know, skin, Trael would be grimacing right now. Those blobs- which were, apparently, dangerous after all- were closing in, he didn't have time to waste finding an unlocked door.

He drew back one bony leg and let fly, hoping age and disrepair had weakened the door somewhat...

>Kick in the door! Unless it's made of metal. If it's made of metal or doesn't break under my kick, move quickly away from the puddings and try opening another one. Don't cut them with my sword, but if necessary use it to keep them from nomming my legbones.
Kick the door! (1d6=6) You kick in the door with all your might, opening it, and stumble backwards from the force, closer to the slimes.

Enemies - 2 black puddings - close distance to Trael, medium distance to Zalgus and Baradine, not visible to the others.

----
Meditate, scrutinize the altar for information.
Scrutinize the altar (1d6+1=4)
There's something you missed lying on the altar. A talon-shaped object, of ash-gray color. Odd. The corpse returns to the room as you scrutinize the object. "Not that I have much need for privacy anymore, but this is still my room."

----

"Well wasn't that just nice."

"Where is everyone?"

Calmly walk down the corridor to the West entrance. Or exit I guess.

♫Ra-ta-ta-tap♫

You make it back to the main keep. Everyone seems to have left. The other three doors are all closed, so likely they went either upstairs or downstairs. Assuming they didn't just go home.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:24:14 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait, so, did the door open as I kicked it, or did it stay closed?

Also, I shall take this opportunity to say: This is a pretty sweet RTD so far! :) Excellent writing and what-not.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Oops, yes, you did kick it open. You just didn't get a good look into what lies behind. And thanks. :)))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"I suppose these are the reagents they used in your...err, pardon my usage, sacrifice?" Rorrim said as he turned to face the corpse. It was the norm for him to see dead bodies, but this one had modesty - being able to cover up the more grotesque features of a cadaver. He liked her, in a way.

"As I guess you can't follow along with us in the depths, which we're headed, could you give some sagely advice? Do you want to be freed from this...eternal life?"

Ask.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

((Okay, I took a look at the puddings.  Those fuckers are badass!  Let's just run away from them, for now.))

Run past the puddings, and through the door.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh look, Larry, one of them decided to join us." Trael muttered caustically to himself as he clattered his way through the newly-opened door, keeping his distance from those slimes. "I can't say I am particularly reassured."
>Head through door! Wait for this Baradine person to follow, and then tear a small strip from my cloak to close in the bottom of the door, marking it for later whilst keeping the slimes out.

As he pulled shut the door, a shred of fabric trailing under the bottom to mark it out, Trael straightened up, feeling slightly confused. It wasn't as though he needed a way back out, was it? He turned his empty eye sockets towards Baradine. Well, if they survived whatever lay ahead, he supposed they'd want a passage out of here.
With a shrug, the skeleton turned to look around.

>...Er, examine surroundings!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You make it back to the main keep. Everyone seems to have left. The other three doors are all closed, so likely they went either upstairs or downstairs. Assuming they didn't just go home.
I like how going home is an option.

Go down the stairs!

Oh and see if I can pick up anything along the way, I still want to throw something at Rorrim.

I feel cheated.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Irony?))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (12 - GM rolled a 2)
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2012, 10:41:30 am »

Seeing that Rorrim is distracted and not noticing the ghouls, you toss your pebbles at him. Throw pebbles (1d6=3, 1d6=5) He eerily steps aside just in time to avoid being hit.

Yes... Irony...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45