Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Army Idea  (Read 892 times)

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Zombie Army Idea
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:57:19 am »

So recently I was playing in a haunted biome when I got invaded by goblins, and I was trapped.

I had 1 bowdwarf and 1 hammerdwarf
I didnt want to let them die for obvious reasons in a haunted biome, so then my bowdwarf shot them through the fortifications.The shot killed one of the goblins and he turned into a zobie and ate another, then we and 2 Zombies, then 4, then 8, then 16, then a whole army of zombies. Dispatching the zombies was easy with a bowdwarf and headshots, so I got the brillant Idea of making armys turn on eachother! its a way to lose 0 dwarfs and stop sieges in there tracks. All you need is a haunted biome fort and 1 crossbow dwarf!

Discuss
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Army Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:41:25 am »

This ended up happening to me in an evil biome. I ended up giving up keeping long dead sieges dead and just bricked up my fort and let sieges deal with themselves. The only problem is that it's a bit too easy to do providing you set yourself up quickly and not much fun late game.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:19:46 am »

This can be done to fight the HFS as well, but you need quite a large zombie army.  The only downside is that your fps will be destroyed while your building up for this and while it is happening.  The other problem is that any demons made out of stone/other hard materials will be nay unbeatable for zombies.

Another way to do this is to place your settlement near a town occupied by necros and wait for a necromancer to fall into your cage trap (remember to put your refuse stockpile behind a wall and have it out of line of sight without passing through cage traps first).  Then pit the necros in a staging area and throw him corpses (Minotaurs, FB's, cave dragons, goblins, elves).  Allow him to build up an army then link this area to the HFS.  Then watch in slow motion as the armies tear themselves apart.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:22:54 am »

This has been discussed to hell and deeper. An undead army of sufficient size in an evil biome is a perpetual world grinder. Capture loads of undead, put them in a box, hide that box within a special room in your fort, and when all is lost, pull the lever.
Pull it too soon, and all is lost. Because you 'know, undead. Dangerous blights.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:21:34 am »

You still don't have access to the surface. The only difference is that instead of a few goblins, you now have an army occupying the surface that won't go away, won't stay dead and will increase in power with everything it kills. Same with using zombie armies to take over the Basement. You don't defeat the demons, you merely replace them with something far more dangerous.

Unless you decide to convert everybody in your fortress to vampires, obviously.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:04:12 am »

You still don't have access to the surface. The only difference is that instead of a few goblins, you now have an army occupying the surface that won't go away, won't stay dead and will increase in power with everything it kills. Same with using zombie armies to take over the Basement. You don't defeat the demons, you merely replace them with something far more dangerous.
If you portion the amount of undead to an equal number of the clowns, the clowns stand a chance of winning - permanently. They tend to burn corpses to bits once they've killed them. So you'll normally be left with the dust, fire and web clowns.