Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Impire  (Read 18466 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Impire
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32:43 pm »

Just based on what little of the tutorial I've played so far, this seems pretty close to an idea I've had before about a DK/Overlord combination sort of game. Particularly in terms of the potential of squads, surface raiding, and the specialization of your overloard/Baal. It's not quite a match, though, because I envisioned a little more open-world destruction instead of rigid dungeon crawls, with maybe some minor puzzle-solving elements where you don't want to just brute force your way. Still, it sparks a few more ideas.

Although I've been having some Asserts pop up about about 'TArray index out of range' (after saving changes to graphic settings) and 'Steam Cloud not enabled for Accout' whenever - I guess - the game tries to save progress. Doesn't crash the game but it does pop it out of focus.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:36:41 pm by Niveras »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2013, 02:48:04 am »

From mission 4 (chapter 1) onwards I've been getting a number of different errors pop up.  One or two have caused the game to freeze and I've had to reload, but most I click "OK" and then it keeps going as though nothing happened.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2013, 03:08:32 am »

From mission 4 (chapter 1) onwards I've been getting a number of different errors pop up.  One or two have caused the game to freeze and I've had to reload, but most I click "OK" and then it keeps going as though nothing happened.

Ditto, though ive seen more full crashes than stuff I could just click out of.

There is also a rune you find somewhere at the end of the first chapter that keeps your aggro near full, its rather handy.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:36 am »

Am I the only one who's annoyed at not being able to micro in combats?

It's easy to blame the squad system, but CoH had plenty of micro in it.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2013, 06:55:20 am »

This just in: Don't tell your squads to go eat when there's one of those teleport-y gate things between them and food. It crashes your game.
Other than this, I love this game! :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2013, 07:11:38 am »

crashy game!

I'll wait discount.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2013, 07:49:58 am »

Am I the only one who's annoyed at not being able to micro in combats?

It's easy to blame the squad system, but CoH had plenty of micro in it.
Personally I hate micromanaging combat, do no I don't miss it at all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2013, 09:19:58 am »

This just in: Don't tell your squads to go eat when there's one of those teleport-y gate things between them and food. It crashes your game.
Other than this, I love this game! :)
Usually I just teleport them into the kitchens myself, unless they're close to them. Takes less time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »

Hmm, the game is only 20 bucks, and it sounds like it's not crap.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »

About my only enduring complaint with the game right now is in the frequency and predictability of hero incursions. When you're building your dungeon and getting the basics going, it's not bad. Your guys are generally around where you're doing stuff. When you've got to start exploring the "adventure" area of a level (the part you don't control), it starts becoming about doing as much as you can before having to send everyone back, repel the adventurers, get your squads fed, send them back to the area....ad nauseam.

Teleporting makes it an annoyance rather than a real problem. But heroes are something to be endured, and when you start thinking about how many waves you're going to have to go through before your other squads complete what they're doing...it's a little tedious. But not a deal breaker.

It'd also be nice if they'd start the hero gate and the core of your dungeon a decent distance from each other. Right now the only real planning i've done with my dungeon is trying to find space for rooms that don't leave them sitting off in a corner of the map by themselves.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »

I haven't found myself having to teleport anyone back to deal with hero incursions very often.  Usually I have Baal and 2 squads out on the "adventure" area, and 1 squad in defense, with a single trapped corridor from the entrance into my dungeon.  When there's only 2-3 ladders I can teleport the defense squad around to take them out before the heroes spawn, then position them just after the traps so they can finish off any surviving heroes.  They've started dropping 4 ladders at a time now, but with all the unsquadded units set to patrol they usually take one or two out without my intervention (and by then I had 4 squads unlocked, so with 2 in defense it doesn't matter so much if they ladder in and bypass the traps).

I do have to pretty much stop what I'm doing on the "adventure" map in order to manage the defense though, so I suppose it's not much different than having to teleport back.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »

So far I've got all my squads in the adventure area and baal with a load of non-squad creatures guarding the dungeon (with some help from traps).

My main issue right now is crashing. It just happened near the end of a level and I really don't feel like playing through it again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »

The game just tossed my view into the cold blackness of an off map area, leaving it stuck there. Even zooming to my minions didn't seem to help. Restart. ><

I've noticed the music tends to glitch out during combat too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »

The game just tossed my view into the cold blackness of an off map area, leaving it stuck there. Even zooming to my minions didn't seem to help. Restart. ><

I've noticed the music tends to glitch out during combat too.

That happened twice to me. Combined with the bland gameplay of explore-the-adventure-area-and-teleport-back-every-invasion-wave-and-then-eat-and-then-explore-the-adventure-area-and-tel... was enough to curb all my interest on this game. To the bad games bin it goes.
I mean, your non-squadded minions are so dumb they don't even go to the kitchen to grab a meal by themselves and their aggresion goes down to 0 inevitably.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2013, 10:05:48 pm »

It's honestly basically a rpg/rts hybrid where you have to tell your soldiers to go to the bathroom periodically.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14