Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Impire  (Read 18493 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: New dungeon keeper!! - Impire
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:21 am »

War for the Overworld.

edit: I'm a backer by the way. :p

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:03 am »

Ah, I am a backer of that one too. :p

This is a Paradox title though and they rarely disappoint. I am happy to put my money in but I am still looking for preview videos.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:55 am »

Whenever Paradox publish a game i immediately see which studio is developing the game. its far more telling and important than knowing that paradox is publishing it.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:11 am »

Ah, I am a backer of that one too. :p

This is a Paradox title though and they mostly disappoint. I am happy to put my money in but I am still looking for preview videos.

-Fixed

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

Out of boredom, I prepurchased it on Steam.
Let's just hope it wasnt a waste of money.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

Thinking I might jump for this one too. Unsure :/

EDIT: Checked my bank and I have enough disposable money to buy it since nothing else I want is coming out any time soon. Score!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:32:34 pm by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »

Adam Smith's RPS brief impressions on his playthrough of Impire. There's also a 7 minute gameplay video. The game is overflowing with Cute Evil and the adviser character reminds me of this guy. But at $20, I'm willing to take the risk. A Game of Dwarves in the end didn't sound like something I was going to enjoy, even though it's right up my alley. There sound like way fewer outstanding issues with Impire.

That said, I did kinda tell myself I would never give Cyanide money again after the real BS that was 3 versions of Bloodbowl, and the absolutely, pants on the head stupid way they released the first one. I don't have any doubts the game will be playable (I never had the issues with Blood Bowl others did, even the way the RNG worked.) But now they're not releasing it in a stupid way and maybe, just maybe they've learned about DLC.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:31:46 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 05:43:41 am »

Hmm... tempting but after the Game of Dwarves debacle I am not sure if I should buy this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 06:56:37 am »

Eh, the first impressions were really brief and the gameplay video made it look like a standard RTS with a few twists to it. Might be interested if we get some new information to the contrary, but thus far this just doesn't look like my kind of game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2013, 07:50:39 am »

It looks interesting, or perhaps I'm projecting my desire for it to be interesting, onto an otherwise fairly generic 'sneak peak'.

I'm a bit turned off of jumping on games that have suggestions of being DK-esk, due to having been burned a few times in the past. But I'll keep an eye on this one and hope that they do manage to pull it off. If so, I'll happily pay full price and get it once it's released.

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »

Ok, I'm thinking to preorder this... just found a stream of the game: http://de.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/364994835

Does anybody want to trade Impire for CIV 5? :D

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 04:09:46 pm »

When is this game coming out? Hope people that got it will give a short review.
Make love not war

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 04:37:08 pm »

When is this game coming out? Hope people that got it will give a short review.
Feb 14th
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:50 am »

So, no reviews up, but I'm taking opinions! So far I've heard it's a bang up game, as long as you're not expecting dungeon keeper 3. Anyone else?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 09:20:13 am »

Approx 4 hours untill I can install & play the game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14