Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Impire  (Read 18469 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: New dungeon keeper!! - Impire
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:32:28 am »

I think from the screen shots the game looks good and dungeonkeeper like but hey that's my 2 cents and you need to be optimistic on these things Dood we might have a new spiritual successor to dungeon keeper after all these years ( I'm talking about impire )

I'm done waiting for DKII's spiritual successor. I'll settle for an original dungeon sim, at this point.

I have somehow forgot about that Dungeonland game, which is the most appealing, to me, out of the three.

I loved the sound of this one, but it's where my "I've had it with cutesy-looking" angst really started from. It sounds like a great concept but looks, and probably tonally, it's the opposite of what I want.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:40 am »

I think from the screen shots the game looks good and dungeonkeeper like but hey that's my 2 cents and you need to be optimistic on these things Dood we might have a new spiritual successor to dungeon keeper after all these years ( I'm talking about impire )

What was it about dungeon keeper 1+2 that inspired so many things, including dwarf fortress? was is it the "being the bad"? the building the dungeon? managing a dungeon? defending a dungeon? the sophisticated humor? taking the first person perspective and roaming the dungeons?

It looks as if all those "spiritual successors" developers are looking at dungeon keeper, mainly 2, and seeing it was far from perfect, yet instead of improving it where it should have, they focus on the parts that where relatively fine and neglecting the parts that made it stand out. i feel like that with just a few simple mods Towns or Gnomoria can transform into a much better Dungeon Keeper like game.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:51:18 am by burningpet »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:54 am »

I for one don't give a flying fuck about how a game looks like. For crying out loud, DF is an ASCII game and it can get pretty dark. Cartoonish games not being serious? Walking Dead.

Dungeons was a piece of crap which i've wasted money on, but being a negative Nancy all the time, that only looks at "Back in my days.." isn't the way to go here. At least give paradox a chance. They have some great games on their account, and we can at least be sure that they won't be moneywhores like.. oh so many other companies.

I for one still remember EA being the reason DK3 was never made.
Also : I would rather give Cyanide a shot, than see BioEa or Ubi touch my beloved keeper series.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:53:26 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 09:56:43 am »

#1 - I use a tileset for DF. So I do give a shit about looks.

#2 - Using a game with almost zero graphics to defend a modern game with graphics is a strange argument to me. They spend the time to make it graphical and make graphics part of the aesthetic, but it shouldn't be judged on that.....? That's like saying "Well Minesweeper has basic mechanics, so don't judge X game on its mechanics because you've liked Minesweeper!"

Honestly after Dungeons, I figured a little skepticism is more than appropriate.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:17 am »

The features do sound good though

The game includes features like:

- User-designed dungeons filled with different room types and an assortment of deathtraps
- Minions of every shape and size to be leveled up and equipped with upgraded equipment
- A custom deck of magical item cards to be unlocked and built to suit any playing style
- The opportunity to squash pesky heroes beneath one’s hooves, and grind their souls into helpful dungeon-building resources
- A perilous campaign to be played in solo or co-op mode
- Many multi-player modes to confront and crush one’s so-called “friends”
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:17 am »

To be fair, I'm honestly looking forward to GoD. I accept the look and style of that game in its context.

But when I compare it to the other two titles, I do wish they had another look they were capable of.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:42 am »

Ok I just found a 7 minute gameplay video, I think it looks good in my opinion I think it will be good and be its OWN dungeon sim infact I'm going to take back what I said maybe a spiritual successor to dungeon keeper is a bad thing and we need a new original dungeon sim maybe impire will be that any who here is the video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwFJ0NbChc

I'm on my iPhone here is the YouTube link
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:21:36 am by ScriptWolf »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 10:13:02 am »

404'd.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 10:23:23 am »

Fixed the link found the YouTube version on my shitty iPhone here it is again http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwFJ0NbChc

After watching the video I like it it really reminds me of evil genius along with going above ground to do evil acts I really like, the humor seems like shit -.- needs less of it but I like the graphics and how it looks I don't find it to "cartoonish" but I like what I see so far

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29:26 am »

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:20 am »

This interest is thread to my relevant.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 10:31:42 am »

- The opportunity to squash pesky heroes beneath one’s hooves, and grind their souls into helpful dungeon-building resources

Hmm this sounds VERY familiar...

Ohh yeah this was the exact same mechanic for Dungeons.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:38 am »

Go onto YouTube type in "impire gameplay demo" it's been done by gamespot and is 7 minutes long

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

Faith in this game dropping by 1.
Not that I have much any way..

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:40 am »

We can only pray it's not what the entire freaking game is about. That was honestly Dungeon's biggest fuck up. The sim elements were just a smoke screen for the fact the game was essentially about resource management, not dungeon building.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14