Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seeking help with No Civ embark  (Read 2689 times)

Ktok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking help with No Civ embark
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 04:48:30 am »

I'm not sure what I have done wrong, but I cannot kill off my dwarven civ. I've run world gen anywhere from 2 years to 300 years, changed so many parameters related to dwarven population, but cannot murder them.
I'm using this currently as my most successful low pop setup.
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:1] - seems to work perfectly, I always get exactly 1 Dwarven Civ
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:1] - Seems to in-no-way limit the growth of dwarves in world gen, tried roughly from 1 to 100
   [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:1] - Once again, my dwarves tend to put as many people where they want, ignoring this.
   [START_GROUP_NUMBER:0] - This seems to limit the amount of living dwarves at year 2, and going forward the growth speed. I have worked it down from 10 to 1 to 0, watching a bunch of world gens, and reading their output texts.

Mind you I have about 150 megabeasts, 300 semi, and 100 Titans, and the goblins outnumber the Dwarves at least 15 to 1 in any world I've done. Almost 300 years in, goblins that started with 3000 members, and are up over 12 or 15K don't seem to have put a dent into the dwarves who start with about 100.

I'd like avoid messing with the Farming tags, as I do want to buy seeds at embark, (pretty much only seeds, and 1 item for each of the Firstborn; anvil, pick, axe, etc. All to be treated as precious gifts from Armok and revered in shrines down the road)
If my hand is forced into hacking some seeds in after embark or some wierd shit I'll do it, but damnit I want to cheat as little as possible.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 06:11:40 am »

you can always go for a pocket island ... no trade no migrents ... (but still migth get nasty creatures from the deep ... to be confirmad ) yesterdayi found one wich was as small as 9*9 embark squere ... (but did not tried it ...)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 09:43:51 am »

I'm not sure what I have done wrong, but I cannot kill off my dwarven civ. I've run world gen anywhere from 2 years to 300 years, changed so many parameters related to dwarven population, but cannot murder them. ...

Try this one, and adjust as you see fit, ( it results in the dwarven civs being killed off almost entirely, or entirely) just remove the seeds to try some others, but this one has 2 dwarves in it (and both are outcasts).  The two mountainhomes are empty.

Spoiler: worldgen (click to show/hide)
Civilized World Population

2 Dwarves
   25399 Goblins

Total: 25401

Of course there are a wide variety of tricks you can do with raw editing, but this was done in vanilla 34.11.

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:48 am »

I don't think it matters too much.  Here is the Sites & Pops from my current world after 250 years of world-gen:

1 Dwarf
6036 Humans
17342 Elves
547 Goblins

The one Dwarf is a Necromancer in the world's only Tower.  The Elves (still at war) killed off my civ and are working on the goblins.  Humans are peaceful (at least to me, so far).

I still get Caravans every Autumn, many migrants (even after the first two waves), and the game spawned an Outpost Liaison (my civ's only noble).  I can disable these if I want with the popcap init setting and removing the active season from the entity file.

Only thing I've noticed that is different is that I do not have the option of forming a Barony.
Pages: 1 [2]