Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More riots in SoCal, and it's not Oakland  (Read 3484 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More riots in SoCal, and it's not Oakland
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

Ugh. Sickening.

Is there any pressure for increased police transparency? The watchmen need to be watched. I'm tired of the police trying to hide what they do, deleting footage off people's cell phones and the like.

I'm sure there is, I haven't seen it mentioned in anything yet but I'd imagine protesters would demand police transparency.

e: New Orleans PD are finally getting reformed. At least New Orleans won't have to live with awful police providing cover-up stories to excuse their murders.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:09:46 am by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 10:41:59 am »

Police don't have to protect someone. Who wants to bet Scalia was the asshole who tipped the scales towards the "Fuck the public, comin' straight from the aboveground, ancient cracker got it bad 'cause them browns oppressin' us" side?
Something seems inherently wrong here...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 12:49:13 pm »

Police don't have to protect someone. Who wants to bet Scalia was the asshole who tipped the scales towards the "Fuck the public, comin' straight from the aboveground, ancient cracker got it bad 'cause them browns oppressin' us" side?
Something seems inherently wrong here...

Bell v. Thompson did get reversed, but it's straight-up stupid that something like this would be passed. Even for SCOTUS.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

The watchmen need to be watched. I'm tired of the police trying to hide what they do, deleting footage off people's cell phones and the like.
The ACLU have an app for that, it uploads videos straight to a server, so even if they can be deleted off the phone, it's already on your youtube.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:46 pm »

I fear that even legends like my uncles who used to work for the police won't even make a dent in the behaviors of these, as we should begin calling them soon enough, death squads. I mean, even they should be wondering what the fuck is wrong with these people. I mean, they were among the elites of the NYPD, and have been through plenty of hellish situations (just to give you an idea of how badass they are; other police fear them out of respect.); and they've been working while police forces were still noble and helpful to the people.

Though they're entitled to their own opinions on some situations, I bet they'll be pissed off at how said situations are handled these days. I mean, attacking a person saving a baby from a police dog? That's messed up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:47:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 08:57:16 pm »

A woman tried to incite violence against protestors by pretending to be one and throwing bottles at them. But before that she was shouting pro-police slogans.

e: Sorry for the hasty post, what this means is that this girl was working for the police and was trying to incite a riot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:01:56 pm by Detonate »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »

Yeah... agent provocateurs are old news.  I don't think most people believe that they exist, but there is plenty of hard evidence out there that they are a common police tactic.

Another police tactic: offering to buy cell phone footage from witnesses of brutality.

This is kind of old now, but I've had trouble getting around to reading/watching it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 [2]