Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More riots in SoCal, and it's not Oakland  (Read 3485 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More riots in SoCal, and it's not Oakland
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

I've been considering for a while how to word this, then I decided I can't do a very well written OP.

Anaheim police are out of fucking control. There have been 6 shootings with police involved. People are starting to take action by starting protests, but of course they get shot at and get dogs unleashed on them.. And then another gets shot to death. While handcuffed. The total rises to 8.

So... a rally was staged at City Hall. A standoff occured and of course, the police called it an illegal assembly. Tear gas canisters, rubber bullets, bean bag rounds, etc. K-9 dogs released and the police were kettling. I believe at this rally a woman got shot point blank in the arm for hitting a police dog that was attacking a stroller with a baby in it.

This whole thing is a load of bullshit. Not to mention there's probably a whole load of racism in this, as most of the people killed have been Latino. Anaheim police kill equally, though! Remember Kelly Thomas, the white homeless guy who got beaten to death for vandalizing a car after he got tased multiple times? Yeah.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: More riots in SoCal, and it's not Oakland
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:11:14 am »

Yeah... I've been seeing a lot of reference to this stuff happening, but haven't taken the time to actually read into what's been going on.  If I had, you can be sure it would have been on the Occupy thread already.  I've seen multiple pictures of ugly wounds and people holding large bean bag ammunition canisters and stuff.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:26 am »

K-9
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

I love K-9.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 11:37:03 am »

I didn't think I could lose any more faith in humanity. I was wrong.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:43:41 am »

To speak bluntly and from an unrelated viewpoint, this had to happen, one day or the other, and now we can only hope somebody steps in and stops this mayhem before it really gets out of control. It's not exactly a controlled situation now, but... you get the idea. Remember the bill that passed in Indiana(?) recently? Concerning how a policeman entering your house armed and without a warrant is to be treated same as a burglar? Yeah, that didn't come out of nowhere, considering how the once common practice of surrounding one (or any other building a wanted and possibly armed person is hiding in) was replaced with simply running in, guns blazing. Or how any sort of accident that is not recorded by third parties and released to various media is swept under the carpet in most (thankfully not all) places. Perhaps I shouldn't write more else I'd provoke a rather lengthy and maybe even frustrated response.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:45:01 am »

One of the few things that almost causes me to lose faith in humanity, is the fact that humanity's faith in itself is always so fleeting.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:20 pm »

Don't give your hopes up, maybe, just maybe, the Anaheim police will be put into federal control like Oakland

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:48 pm »

One of the few things that almost causes me to lose faith in humanity, is the fact that humanity's faith in itself is always so fleeting.

The fact that anyone still has faith in humanity to lose makes me lose faith in humanity, which means I still must have some faith left to lose and am therefore required to cast off the last of it immediately.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 04:25:53 pm »

Police don't have to protect someone. Who wants to bet Scalia was the asshole who tipped the scales towards the "Fuck the public, comin' straight from the aboveground, ancient cracker got it bad 'cause them browns oppressin' us" side?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:58 pm »

So is their motto now "To serve and protect if we feel like it"?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:40:40 pm »

This is a new thing for the police?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
police brutality all day, erry day
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »

This is a new thing for the police?

Not by any means. Now they just have even more of an excuse to do nothing.

Also, this is some of the awful shit that made the government step in and take over the Oakland police. But you know, Oakland had some minor injuries and one guy who had a fractured skull after getting hit with a tear gas canister. Anaheim has had two shooting deaths already. Don't expect intervention any time soon.

"Liberally pepper spray everyone" at Occupy NY doesn't have shit on this, but a new report says that 130 violations requiring investigation occured there.

e: Chicago police used torture to get a guy confess to rape and murder. The cops who tortured him (he later renounced his confession) were part of a team called the Asskickers.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:00:14 am by Detonate »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:43:41 pm »

Urgh, heard about this on the radio. Terrible shit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 11:49:51 pm »

Ugh. Sickening.

Is there any pressure for increased police transparency? The watchmen need to be watched. I'm tired of the police trying to hide what they do, deleting footage off people's cell phones and the like.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: [1] 2