Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9715 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: First Mission Complete! [4/4]
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2012, 08:01:07 pm »

((James repaired two cars by himself with his magic, as well as controlled Harker's mind. I guess it seems pretty powerful.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2012, 03:53:44 am »

It varies. James has pretty damn powerful magic, but it has the side effect of being from old runes and such, no ability to create his own. It's also got some eldritch stuff in it, so there is that. You can either go with magic that Aesir can teach you a few styles that isn't incredibly powerful but is relatively easy to learn, or search out artifacts so that you can create your own style which may or may not rot out your mind, and may be rather hard to rein in.

Basically, general rule of thumb about magic: the better it is, the more run-off you're going to get. And that runoff can do unpleasant stuff.

There are Aesir Initiative sponsored shops, so that means you get under the counter shit, but you do still have to pay for it. You get supplied with weapons at the start of every mission, but it's the basic minimum. Plus, it's not just weapons you need. I'll write up the turn later.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »

Actions:
1- Take the team out to have pizza. Everyone likes pizza.
2- Enhance mental resilience;
3- Train with rifle-type weapons;
4- Move into the apartment;
5- Search for an artifact, as following:

Eric had already heard of artifacts and relics. Objects filled with power, capable of miracles and curses, with enough power to cure or kill. Of course he knew the secrets that were hidden behind most of those. Eldritch magic, that sooner or later ended up rotting your mind to such an extent you'd be damned.

But then again, he wasn't looking for those. No, he had a hot tip about a type of artifact he had heard about; an object, sometimes mundane, which had been regarded as sacred or powerful, and used so many times as a weapon against forces of darkness, piercing through the hearts of forsaken men and beasts from beyond during the time men still wore metal armor that it seemed their beliefs and the very reason of existing of said weapons was accepted by the fabric of reality itself. The weapon "accepted its purpose, and was turned into a relic which excelled in fighting the taint that spread under the veil of the night.

Or at least that was what he heard. Eric was looking through black markets searching for something. A hunting rifle, but not for the weapon itself, mostly for its barrel. He had heard it was used in a musket of the Spanish Conquistadores during their violent conquest of part of South America and somehow it had become stronger. But even before that, its components had been part of a fake "lance of Longinus", which although fake had apparently gathered residual faith in its corporeal body.

The barrel had been re-used several times and now was part of a semi-automatic hunting rifle which was either in the black market as a holy weapon or in a pawn shop somewhere. Of course, Eric knew it was a long shot, but it was way better than getting a cursed axe with soul-devoring properties. He had to check it himself.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:42 pm »

Ignore!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:24:43 pm by Caerwyn »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2012, 02:10:16 pm »

Hm, I knew I should have merged the Operation Complete post and this one. I'm going to post the update, since it includes a list of shops to check out with prices and stuff, you guys can revise your posts if like see an item that'd match your stuff. Caellath, however, is probably safe from any problems, so I'll post his then edit the others in if they want to change their posts or not. Cool?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Woo-hoo! Go for it!

It's the Training Arc right now, right? Enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, become super-powerful and face an evil and corrupt Nemesis, and shatter his goals to destroy the world!?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2012, 02:17:32 pm »

I kinda hope for a few small arcs that are relatively simple, big arcs that bind the small arcs, and some missions that are just for fun.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »

Sounds like a blast to me, let's do it!

Also: Was Bay12 down for all of you guys, or just me...?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

Down for me too and I'm waiting for the GM.
>Yes?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Eric had some luck, it seems, as he managed to track down the place where the rifle was held. He originally thought it'd be in a pawn shop or in a cult's church held as a holy artifact, but the truth was a strange combination of both. He stopped next to the squat, stained building that apparently held the holy gun. He looked around at the wasteland that surrounded the area, filled with trash and abandoned buildings half-lit in the pale moonlight. Apparently, some parts of town were filled with supernatural creatures, which were tracked using a chip implanted in their arms to prevent any problems with them running off or trying to eat people,which had varying effects on the surrounding area. Sometimes it was kinda obvious, other times it was pretty subtle. This area seemed like one of the more wild areas, where humans were only 10% of the populace, with the rest being assorted nasty creatures that fed on the humans. Obviously, thousands of mysterious deaths tend to make all but the most stubborn leave the area, meaning that this whole area of town was left to rot while the supernatural creatures turned on each other as they are inclined to do if there aren't any humans.

He opened the metal door to the inside, and looked around. The inside was filled with various weapons, artifacts and trinkets: he noted an awful lot of flags for various rebel/terrorist movements, and a lot of gasmasks. With all the supplies he saw, it would be enough for a decisive victory for a guerrilla force against a small island nation. The room was not very well lit, and large, which didn't go well together. At the end of the room a man was leaning against the wall next to a torch lit with blue fire.

The man was in a hooded trenchcoat, and wearing a purple scarf as a mask, leaving only his eyes which glowed an odd orange in the darkness. He was obviously supernatural, but what kind was up in the air. He seemed to be currently talking with a young man in a white hoodie and jeans, which Eric could only see the back of. The conversation seemed jovial enough.

The young man suddenly turned around, and Eric realized that he knew that young man. His name was Jordan Svenson, one of the most infamous Aesir Initiative assassin, and probably one of the best. He only read one account of Svenson's misadventures, but apparently he once flayed, hung and quartered a soldier under the command of a despot, then threw his corpse over the wall of the palace, repeatedly doing this to the soldiers inside until they finally surrendered. Apparently they thought he was the devil up until then.

Jordan grinned at Eric, and Eric felt a chill in his spine. That was not a smile. That was an attempt at smiling that ticked all the checkboxes but missed the mark completely. Jordan nodded at the hooded man and left the room, brushing past Eric without saying anything. He never could have believed that a human could fall straight into the uncanny valley without being supernatural at all, but now Eric knew.

The man nodded at the rather terrified hunter of the supernatural (And not fucking Jordan Svenson, thank Christ) and chuckled. "Well, hello, stranger..." He said, in a thick cockney accent. "I suppose you could call me a merchant, if you wish. Now, what would you like to buy?"

"I was looking for an artifact."

A glint of a thought passed through the Merchant's eyes. He nodded. "Would you perhaps like my latest purchase? The Angel's Fire, can of octane oil, multiversal horror blessed it and it will purge any heretic you care to mention! Hehe..."

"... The Angel... I'm looking for something else, but about that. The Angel is a demon?"

"Oh, far from it. It's a thing that... Nevermind, what were you looking for?"

Eric raised an eyebrow, but he supposed he had better things to do, and it seemed like the Merchant was brushing it off as unimportant rather then actually important. "I was wondering if you would have a semi-automatic rifle that has parts that are magical in nature."

"Oh, the Rifle of Our Lord? Perfect choice, used by a little old hunter who only used it to hunt werewolves on Sunday!" The Merchant walked to a safe, keyed in a combination on the electronic keypad and stepped back as it opened automatically, then took out a hunting rifle. He then moved in front of Eric and presented to him. "It's a Marlin Model 25N .22 LR, scope and strap included. Faith has been put into this weapon's parts, my friend. Look, it's even got an engraving."

The Merchant flipped the rifle over and showed the stock to Eric. It had a rather beautiful engraving of a woman with long flowing hair in a dress. "Used to belong to a vampire named Gerald Sperns, nice fellow, wanted to get rid of it cos this lady here just wanted him to settle down. She's a witch, one of those new ones, reformed you see. Now, the effect is that the bullet is corrosive to 'Unholy' creatures such as vampires, demons, things like that. It'll melt at temperatures that equal the sun, and may beam with light, meaning their arm is going to go at least. However, here's the problem: it's a bit old, and the magical parts that work are unreliable, shall we say. You gotta soak the magical parts in holy water for at least a week if you use it often, so if you happen to get attacked by monsters on your day off it's not going to be handy. Price is $150 quid."

Eric put on a confused expression. "What's the catch?"

"... Alright, you got me. It need a real repair of the non magical parts too, which may cost you a bit. Honestly, top to bottom, this is a catch but it's going to require maintaining. Like a woman." The Merchant chuckled at his own joke, as he seemed to do a lot. Eric politely joined in, which seemed to throw the trader off a bit, as an awkward silence ensued.

"... Right, uh." He put the rifle against his soldier, aiming it to the ceiling. "What do you say?"

Spoiler: Money & Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ambrose Merral (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bakstur (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kathryn Lynch (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:45 pm »

Bakstur will head to the TRADER'S PAWN SHOT for the first day, and on the second the "SPIRIT CHARMING blah blah" shop. During the third day, he'll head to the CYBERNETIC's shop, the fourth to the UTKIN MILITARY shop, and on the fifth day he will head to the PHARMANCY. For the last two days, he'll practice his Pole-arm skills. Mainly, his spear skills.

Guess my order is changed!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:02:49 pm by Caerwyn »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »

Bring on the Monks!

Action: Kathryn spends the week increasing her Mental Resistance
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:54 pm »

Bakstur will head to the TRADER'S PAWN SHOT for the first day, and on the second the "SPIRIT CHARMING blah blah" shop. During the third day, he'll head to the CYBERNETIC's shop, the fourth to the UTKIN MILITARY shop, and on the fifth day he will head to the PHARMANCY. For the last two days, he'll practice his Pole-arm skills. Mainly, his spear skills.
((The GM pointed out training takes the whole week, you might want to change that.))

Eric wonders why the hell he still feels that chill in his spine. He thought time would make it subside, but apparently James' "hex" did not go away even after they started cooperating. The next time they found him again, James should better compensate him or Eric would do something nice in return. Like maybe shooting one of his balls off.

And Svenson, he had already heard about him. Creepy and unsettling, but Eric supposed he'd end up like that in due time if he kept surviving these missions which involved the supernatural. He supposed that if life had a sanity meter, Agent Jordan's would have already reached zero but he still kept going on regardless while still keeping his mind to himself. Or maybe he was trying to wrestle control his mind with half a dozen other entities, it was hard to pinpoint.

Anyway...

"I'm taking it, anything else interesting? Maybe a special holster for it that may be filled with holy water? And something for shorter ranges, like a lever-action carbine? Or something to ward off mental attacks? I have a lot of unused space inside my longcoat to hide weapons" he said, giving his good old coat a tap, thinking both about how troublesome having a bolt-action rifle be useful at close-quarters combat would be and how he needed protection from cheap tricks like James'.

It was like his brain had been attacked instead of his sanity itself, since he felt fine but the chills were still there, and he knew that if he kept being bombarded by those psychic influences, he could go mad due to a change in his brain's chemistry before his mind was broken. And sincerely, he preferred to match wits against those beings than let them use his flawed organism to their advantage.

Try to contact James to undo his mental hex so no time is wasted on it. If it doesn't work or he doesn't do it, then St. Dymphna Psychology College/Sanitarium for Supernaturally Affiliated or Supernatural Creatures it is if the chills do not go away on their own.

In the Apartment:

Eric walked through the apartment the team was sharing now, with a somewhat paternal smile and a face that told them he had a bit of cash to spend and was fully willing to do it. "Who wants to go out? I'd say we can get some pizza, but we can go anywhere a group may go as long as you don't make me fight with pidgeons for their bits. Also, I'd say I do know a place with a great pizza and calzones around these parts."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »

Kathryn had been lifting weights when Eric came in, building up a good sweat.

"Pfew...I could use a break, I guess...I have built up a pretty mighty hunger." she mused, setting them on the floor with a heavy *clunk*.

"Give me five to get proper."

Five or so minutes later, Kathryn exited the shower room in loose, casual summer clothes, smelling of spring-blue tinted sunglasses and a shade hat-perfume on, lipstick on. Hair done in bouncy brunette bangs, comfy running sneakers on her feet. She looked completely unlike Kathryn the Cop, the way most people knew her. Maybe it was the smile, so rare on duty-she had, for this moment, let down her guard. Mostly-the barely concealed outline of the pistol in her hip holster was in many ways, as indicative a mark as any of the other things.

She spoke to Eric, approaching him.

"Whaddya think? Do I make this look work, or what?" She said, motioning to herself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2012, 12:37:29 am »

1st things, sorry for taking so long, here are my opinions + character report

I thought it was excelent

Going to the crime scene was interesting, but I felt that the others were more help than I was, which is partially why I attacked the necromancer when I did, this is completely out of my element and i may need more training, and on a more personal note, do I have to keep out of contact with old relations?

AMbrose goes to the Mental Capacities, Resistance and Indoctrination Training

And tries to spend some social time with the group
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13