Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9729 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Welcome to the Aesir Initative [4/4]
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2012, 07:40:19 am »

((Can you let us try to get some information before attacking him? >.>))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2012, 07:43:01 am »

((Sure Cael, my actiKILLons alrKILLeady chaKILLnged. :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:13 am »

((Sure Cael, my actiKILLons alrKILLeady chaKILLnged. :P))
((I meant wolfchild. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2012, 06:14:58 pm »

NOt gonna kill him but my character is also not a trained cop
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »

Ambrose had kept silent up until now. She wasn't a trained police officer or part of a family line who did this sort of thing, she was just a normal biochem student who happened to be a werewolf nowadays with serious relationship problems due to that. She didn't know how to question a potential suspect. She did, however, know when something was horribly wrong here. He was very obviously a suspect and even Eric and Kathryn seemed ready to pull their guns. The wolf was telling her that Harker had to be put down. However, she tempered it. The wolf wasn't innately evil, it was simply a very chaotic and uncontrolled version of herself, at least that's what the Aesir Initiative said about it in one of their manuals. The wolf would want Harker dead. Ambrose wanted him alive.

"Mr Harker, I do not know exactly what it is you are doing, but it is something dark."
She said, with surprising clarity. Usually whatever she was talking about usually degenerated in growls at the end. She rapidly transformed into a wolf, leaped across the desk and grabbed Harker's neck in a tight grip.

"Holy shit!"

"Ambrose, get off him."

Ambrose (Or the wolf that was Ambrose) whined, then grudgingly jumped onto the floor, letting go of Harker who was terrified out of his wits.

Deciding that at this point, cutting to the chase was a great idea, he pulled out his handgun.

"Right, mister Harker. It is the time for honesty, it seems. We are not from the FBI, correct. We are from the Aesir Initiative. Whether you know that name or not is of no consequence, since we will most likely wipe your mind if you are not the man we seek. Now, you are going to explain whatever the hell you are hiding, or you are going to wake up in a dark room, and you are going to experience tortures that the guys at Guantanamo Bay would shit themselves hearing about. You may not have heard of us, or any other supernatural creature besides us if you ARE the man we seek, and may think that you are on top. Let me just say one thing: you are very very wrong. Now... explain."

The torture line, Eric knew, was bullshit. They didn't torture people, the Aesir Initiative knew that was ineffective and useless. They had other, better methods.

Harker stared in utter fear at Eric, and then came a rush of "Oh God"s and "I don't know anything"s.

Eric began to wonder if Harker knew anything at all, and if this was a false alarm by James...

James, as if on cue, stood up and then closed his eyes. Green runes, one by one, appeared around him.

Ulyoath, Aretak, Tier, Garii...

A green energy fired towards Harker. He momentarily spasmed, causing the energy to pull back, then he succumbed and relaxed, causing the energy to flow in.

"Now, would you mind telling us exactly what kind of supernatural creature you are?"

"... A necromancer." Harker looked and sounded dazed. What had James done?

"Did you want those people who were killed intentionally dead?"

"Yes."

James smiled at Eric.

"What did you just do there?"

"That, my friend, was me when I want answers." James looked at Harker. "Uh, he may be slightly... brain damaged."

"What?"

"Listen, I'll check. It's a sideeffect, this part of my kind of magic has a habit of ignoring the body and focusing on the mind."

James held up his hand in front of Harker, then slapped him.

Harker pulled away.

James smiled, and nodded. "He's fine."

Searching around in the basement, Bakstur found an amulet that hurthurthurthurthurthurthurthurthurthurtssssssssssstopityouybastastastard made the Angel react in an odd way. The amulet was a red, metallic sphere that felt like a live battery. He put it on.

Again, he felt that same feeling that could only be achieved through meditation, though it felt... fragile, as thought something was actively clawing against it. Nodding, he walked up the stairs and headed for the office. He opened the door.

"Hey, I found somethin--"

When he fully opened the door and saw the scene, he was silent.

"... Wrong room?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Operation Complete!

Aesir Initiative Interrogation Summary: Harker has been certified as a necromancer, and was attempting to cause a Lich Conversion, but oddly not of himself. He was in fact attempting to convert his former wife who had died in 1843, who had been preserved in a large glass jar of necronomically enhanced blood, causing her to have the same appearance as the day she died, preventing any rot. What his sentence is will be decided in one week by the Aesir Initiative Supernatural Laws and Upholding Committee.

The Aesir Initiative has decided that this mission was favorable, but suggests that Operative Merrel get training in both combat and interrogation, as well as being less ready to "Jump the gun" as it were, possibly by getting therapy to help prevent any further incidents if this was related to her supernatural status. Operative Bakstur is commended for exploring the police station fully, and has been designated as the group combat operative due to his proficiency in it. Operatives Lowe and Lynch are also commended for their professional handling of the mission.

James Harkinsaw has been judged as unknown as a potential recruit at the current time of writing, but this may change.

The team has been promoted from "Trainee Operatives" to "Full Operatives", which includes an apartment in New York. It would be suggested that the Operatives move to the address, which is Ryanheart Street 467, at Melbourne Heights, as the Aesir Initiative would like the team to get to know each other personally.

It is optional, but suggested that an operative give his/her/it summary of how they thought the mission went.

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:55:57 pm by Fniff »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: First Mission Complete! [4/4]
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:06 pm »

I will, just not right now I had to re-install windows because of problems my computer was having and i am still feeling the residual stress from when i thought my computer was dead-dead-dead
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2012, 08:10:55 pm »

That's cool, I know how stressful those kinda problems can be. Take as long as you need!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »

Quote from: After Action Report
Agent: Operative Kathryn Lynch

Testing. Is this on? ... Good.

I've been asked to record a summary of the mission while my memories are still fresh...

Turns out the exsanguinated bodies were being used as fuel for some sort of Lich Ritual. Not surprising. Necromancers need alot of spare parts...

I wonder why the killing was so 'cinematic', though. Did Harker really not fear any sort of suspicion? How many of the people in this town knew or suspected? I'd be willing to bet a few. But as long as he kept doing his job, and didn't hurt their families-well, they could look the other way. I just hope he didn't take on any pupils.

In the end, it seemed he was just trying to bring back his wife to some state of undeath. Was it a twisted kind of love? Or something else? If she was also a Necromancer, he might have been bringing her back for darker reasons. It doesn't bother me much-whoever that woman was, she deserved a proper burial.

Necromancers. They are all ultimately in denial, I believe. Why can't people accept that somethings are lost forever? Why they can't move on?

Ambrose showed me her true side. She wolfed out-the equivalent of someone pulling a gun, I guess-but she also backed off when Eric ordered her too. It pretty much took the steam out of whatever Harker was going to do...

Bakstur creeps me out, okay? He's got the voodoo eyes. It's that thing inside of him-mostly. I get the feeling he's watching me, sometimes-and something in him is watching me. It's...how can I describe something so horrible? Because it's a bad vibe I'm getting. Sometimes I feel strange. Not bad. Just strange. Like I want to be with him.

I'm going to shoot him if he tries anything. I swear it. You can put that on the record.

I like Eric. He's very professional...I don't know how he deals with it. It's alot of pressure, him being leader of a sorts. I'll be sure to ask.

All in all, the Mission went fairly well. No one was injured, died or worse. We subdued the target with speed and minimal interruption to the populace. We made a fresh contact.

I feel like we hit a homerun, but I know all he threw was a slow ball. Pitchers getting warmed up. I know it's going to get worse.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:27 pm »

We're going to have a brief period where our characters buy stuff, get check-ups/therapy, read about stuff on the official Aesir Initiative Wiki, Aesirwiki, that may or may not be important, and other stuff I'll explain later. You all get a set allowance for the buying of stuff. Then, we will move onto the next mission which may be chosen at your leisure since you are now full operatives.

Also, thank you. I tried my best to make it fun to read and informative. I read Let's Plays and After Action Reports in my spare time, and I love when it includes a story to hook you in to boot. Sometimes you get stuff that would be worth your money if you bought it at a bookshop.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:08 pm »

Alright! Well, I need an early sleep tonight, but I'll check up ASAP.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:48 am »

Simply put, I liked it very much and I'm going to post all the in-character shenanigans here later.

Spoiler: Action Report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:44:45 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »

((Double post for bump and question: How will acquiring equipment work, such as Eric wanting to search for an artifact or relic to help him in his missions?))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »

Kathryn had little time for leisure, so she believed. She would spend most of the time looking for patterns, keeping her mind and body sharp, and busying herself with fortifying their new place.

She would also request a somewhat drastic measure due to her recent experiences-going into the Aesir Battle Meditation program. Which consisted of 100-year old Monks bombarding you with harmless (but exposing) psychic attacks, digging out your secrets, testing your level of resistance and shoring up your weaknesses. All in pursuit of keeping your mind strong against those who wanted to break in.

Actions Between Mission:

1. Checking the Aesirwiki, looking for patterns related to our last case.
2. Undergoing Battle Stress Programs to harden my mind against hostile intrusion
3. Exercise and firearms training routine to keep fit and battle ready
4. Moving into our new apartment and establishing defensive measures, mundane and magical

@Caellath: I think our GM will give us funds for that...I'm posting my action right now, anyway. Also, feel free to open  an RP Cael about our team time together, and I'll pitch in.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:37 pm »

((Double post for bump and question: How will acquiring equipment work, such as Eric wanting to search for an artifact or relic to help him in his missions?))

((Good question, I was wondering it myself. Are there any shops around, and can we see what our budget is?

And, finally, - What level would you say that "Magic" (Or whatever similar) is in this universe? Low-fantasy, a la seers, gypsies, premonitions of the future, slight abilities like telekinesis, etc, etc...Or is it more high-fantasy, a la fireballs, lightning bolts and potions of healing?))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13