Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9735 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Welcome to the Aesir Initative [4/4]
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:39 pm »

Oh...Dear...

Bakstur will...Uh...What will he do? Calm the fears of his partners? Yeah, that sounds fine. Keep the pistol aimed at the man's hands. Also, er, check for any wounds.

I'm going to need to find a priest who can give me some sort of amulet or fetish to seal this..."Angel" away. Of course, if the amulet/fetish/etc is removed, it will have control again...

Does Bakstur know of the location of any churches around here? Or is this in completely unexplored territory?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 02:43:56 pm »

Eric stared at his wrecked car after nimbly escaping through a window. Turning around afterwards, he approached the escapee nonchalantly, with a deliberate quality to his step. Quite frankly, he didn't mind Bakstur. Eric himself would start shooting the captured man's kneecaps if he didn't cooperate anyway.

It was just an investigation. His countenance was the same calm one; differently from Bakstur's demon, he wouldn't inflict pain on the suspect for any kind of twisted pleasure gained from inflicting it, but if any incentive was needed for the creature to start yapping...

"You may start spitting it out now. Who you are, what were you doing there. Everything."

Calmly question the suspect.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:26:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 03:15:25 pm »

Kathryn frowned.

"...what the Hell, Baks? Why don't you give me your gun...and take a breather. Do you need something to help you...?"

She knew he didn't need his gun to hurt people, but it would make her feel safer.

Action: Keep an eye on Bakstur!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:28:01 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

Action: Keep an eye on Eric!
((Hey, Bakstur was the violent one.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:58 pm »

"Ow, that man is a maniac!, well I guess we already knew that and next time i try to cleanse my nose with an air freshener you all have permission to slap me"

Make sure neither Bakstur nor the perp do anything funny
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:19 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Notes (click to show/hide)

The creature stared back.

"Look, man..." The creature smiled in a terrified grimace. "You're some fucked up hunter organization or something? I didn't do it, okay! It wasn't me!"

"Then who?"

"I dunno, man! I'm not whatever the fuck is in the forest, I was just scoping this area out for ritual places and then I saw you!"

"Ritual places?"

"Those claws I have don't come from Santa Claus, you know... You heard of the Ancients?"

"I haven't, no, but let's concentrate on this. What's your name?"

"James... James Harkinsaw." James nodded like he just realized his name for the first time. Eric thought he was hiding something, something he knew.

"James, you are a supernatural being. We know this. You may be possessed by demons, maybe you're a sorcerer of some sort, maybe you just wave to Cthulhu on your way to work. Now, let's just remember this. You know my friend, Bakstur?" Eric nodded to Bakstur. "He wasn't very nice, was he? Now, you are right that we are part of a group... And we're at the bottom. Bakstur's boss... Well, he can do so much worse things, my friend. Bakstur is comparatively nice."

James frowned at Eric, then looked down and kept shaking his head.

"Now, James... am I going to have to be mean and call in his boss, or will you be the nice guy and tell us what you aren't telling us?"

James looked up, and grinned.

"Let me tell you something, friend. You think you're on top just because the Aesir Initative or the Knights Templar or whoever the fuck is your pimp tells you to hunt monsters? My friend, this isn't Call of Honor or the latest action movie where you can talk a guy into speaking just by threatening him when you don't know who his masters are. And when you wake up, a few years from now, and you just see black..." James giggled. "And you just see black after you turn on the light, then you see red eyes... And then you scream... You'll know why this isn't a game."
Spoiler: Health and Inventory (click to show/hide)

"I see you're trying to take my gun." Bakstur said matter-of-factly.

"Yes, I am." Kathryn said, looking into his eyes. He really would have been quite attractive if not for the fact he's a coworker and... well, possessed by a horrific demonic intelligence. She would probably date him if not for that fact, but it probably wouldn't have gone anywhere. Kathryn felt vaguely embarrassed as she thought this.

"I don't need help, thank you, and I don't need a breather. I've been dealing with this for years, and I've never killed anyone that I didn't want dead in the first place." Bakstur said, looking at Kathryn's eyes with an intensity. Had he been offended? Kathryn noticed that Bakstur had the oddest eyes. They looked like they were meant to be blue, but lit with something. Very odd. "I think we can both agree that I can keep my gun, yes?"

Kathryn broke eye contact and nodded. She felt like she was being talked down to by a father. Polite and kind, yes, but the feeling of utter guilt weighed down her stomach like a lead weight...

Oddly, she hadn't really done anything, but she felt utterly guilty all the same...
Bakstur kept his gun pointed at the creature, (James Saw, he think it said it's name was) and thought things over. He felt vaguely angry about the Angel taking over, but that was nothing compared to what it could do...

He hadn't killed anyone he didn't want to kill anyway, but this didn't mean he didn't kill people he wanted alive.

When you're 17, the world feels like it's against you in every way. Your parents hate you, you have no friends, your teacher gives you the hardest questions and getting the shit kicked out of you on a regular basis is a relief. They tell you, this is the best years of your life and that real life is so much harder. You wonder what the fuck real life must be like if high school is meant to be a fondly remembered memory, cos it's worse then hell...

Then the voice, the Angel, started speaking to him.

Bakstur shook his head. He didn't want to think about his past, it was worthless. What he had to think about was the present and how to deal with the Angel. He didn't know churches around here, but they might not even work. He could ask the Aesir Initiative to get him a fetish or a amulet or something to help him.

Yeah. Maybe things would go okay then...

Ambrose searched the back of the SUV for some sprayable air freshener or something...  She found a can of "Smell-o" which she promptly sprayed, then smelt. She immediately coughed as she realized all the smell of nice things went away and was replaced with dust.

She tossed the can to the ground and sighed after the coughing fit was over. It'd go away eventually, yes, but it smelled awful... She looked at the perp, who seemed to be talking to Eric, who looked pale...

She walked over and stared at the perp.

"What exactly are you telling my partner?"

The man looked at Ambrose, and frowned. "... I was... I was just a bit angry at him, that's all. It's justified."

"Right, uh... How do I put this... stop fucking with my partner or I'll shoot you?"

"... Alright. What do you want to know?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:32 pm »

Eric tapped his own cheeks to get better. Great, it seems some of the man's crazy talk had got to him...And the worst part is that it could be partly, if not wholly, true. Even then, he knew he had joined the group for a reason, and he hadn't been expecting an easy life. He knew that he could go insane, and he also knew that death was just a hair's length away...

"...So. You talk big. Let me tell you something."

Eric sighed to calm his mind down and try to shake the cold chill in his spine, grasped his pistol and smiled before answering the monster in deadpan.

"You talk about me waking up years from now and having one of your buttfriends from the rainbow dimension screwing with me? Well, that surely is a big threat, and I have to admit it can carry a bit of truth. But I'll tell you what; right now, I have a gun and you can feel pain. And if I screw with you now, for the rest of your miserable life, even if I happen to die - and believe me, death or insanity is a thing I am expecting - you'll be limping or carrying a very nasty scar. And every single time you look in the mirror or walk around with a funny gait, you'll remember me."

"Alternatively, I could just destroy your family jewels or put a cap in your head if you keep being funny. Your choice~"
he finished with a smile.

If he keeps acting smug and doesn't comply, just grin softly and shoot one of his kneecaps.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »

Kathryn felt like she had done something wrong...but she hadn't. She was well within her right to relieve a fellow officer when he seemed...unlike himself.

Then again, who could say that's who Bakstur really was or not? Kathryn remembered her training-how things like him could mess with your head....of course, Kathryn wasn't the starling example of a well adjusted person, was she?

No. She had been worse off than this. A bit too quick on the gun, some of her fellow officers might have said-she had a few too many shootings on record. She also drank too much off job, but those bouts were infrequent. No, Kathryn wasn't an Angel herself. The Demon-or whatever-was in Bakstur could read her like a book.

At the end of the day, she was alone, frequently depressed and sometimes enraged and disturbed by the things she saw and felt on the job. But like every good soldier, she kept it all locked up-didn't let it come out. Couldn't afford it.

Kathryn stormed off with these thoughts in her head, back to the van. She needed breather herself, actually-without Baksturs hoodoo working on her.

Just...a minute to clear her head. Concentration was the key. Calm. Cold. Wall it off...deal with it later.

Action: Kathryn storms off to clear her head.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bakstur will wander around, and explore a bit. Maybe the vehicle wreckage? Look for anything interesting, or just something to take his mind off things. The others can handle this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »

I wrote up a whole post and realized Wolfchild hadn't posted.  ::)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2012, 05:19:51 pm »

Wow its either fast or slow isnt it, I checked last night nothing, then I get up from bed and you want to do another one

Ambrose catches eric in the eye and asks him"Do you want me to scare this guy?, I am fairly irritated right now and it would cheer me up"

Ambrose tries to tune out her nose for a bit, while keeping the gun on the perp
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

"Then we can talk. I need questions answered. Who is killing people in this town, is there a cult and why did you try to take us down?"

"The thing killing the tourists? Well, here's the thing, I'm a paranormal investigator... You can consider me one, anyway. I was just investigating myself, funny thing. Anyway, the entity is most likely a demon case, probably of gluttony. Classic Dante shit, none of the Outsiders. I thought it was a bonethief, but nah." Eric almost took out his gun and shot James when he reached into his pocket and took out a cigarette, then lit it. "It's smart enough to shoot a guy, so it's got a human body with some memory remaining. It erased the tracks, so it's probably a cop's body it's throwing around."

"What's a bonethief?"

"Heh, you can learn that later... Don't shoot me or anything, it's just a little fucker who crawls into your skin and possesses you. Common in Persia, France, Rhode Island, pretty rare anywhere else, so don't keep a gun trained at the door for em... Now, a cult? Not sure, actually. Demons sometimes raise cults, other times they are alone. In a backwater town like this, everyone could be a cultist... Maybe the demon's been around a while and it's just considered a tradition in the town, similar things have happened."

"Now, about the taking down part... I'm sorry, but last time Aesir Initiative was on the case, then I got a whole cult I wanted alive in a church set on fire by a bomber. So, yeah. I'm kinda pissed about that, I'm afraid. However, you guys are good..." James nodded.

"Touching. Now, one last thing."

"Hm?"

"Who exactly are you?"

"A good ally, believe me... I'm an independent detective. Hey, when this is done, you want have lunch in New York or something? You'll probably get an apartment there, the Aesir Initiative gives agents they like good apartments. I know a great restaurant."

James smiled with a genuine air of a friend asking a friend to lunch. In this business, it goes from trying to smash you into the trees to asking you to lunch.

Eric raised an eyebrow.

"If you want, we can discuss business. I know a few things."

Bakstur walked over to the wreck of the vehicle. It was mostly okay, just flipped over and the doors were totally smashed. He opened the door, which fell off, and looked in.

She blinded me with science! She hit me with technolo-geee!

Bakstur remembered that trademark synths and voice. That was Thomas Dolby, one of his favorite artists. If he remembered correctly, it was his hit single She Blinded Me With Science. He was popular in the 80's, part of New Wave. Bakstur got into him a year ago, that's the only music they had in the sanitarium, so that's probably why he can recognize literally any song in any of his albums. Apart from maybe A Map Of The Floating City, he hadn't listened to it enough.

He jumped up and pulled the car down lightly, trying to get it to fall down to look through it more easily. He fell into the car, causing a few scratches and pains.

Bakstur grunted, and struggled into a betterow that hurtposition.

I don't believe it! She's tidied up, and I can't find anything!

He was going to be here a tiny while, so he looked around. James, for at least one thing, kept his car tidy. The only things here was glass and a single empty coke bottle.

Well, at least he had good tunes.

you know, i like kathryn better then you, youre kinda a pussy now but im stuck with you for now you should get together with kathryn i can do the talking you do the fucking or maybe just pose right yeah it could work id really like to get with kathryn

Bakstur sighed. He was going to be here a while longer then he thought.

Ambrose sighed and scratched her nose, trying to tune out the smell. It went away slightly. Not by much.

Kathryn stood in the forest she had walked into, and thought things over.

She hadn't been the best in the Miami PD. A few suspects shot too early, a few more shot too late... No-one wanted her on the proper cases, she was stuck with domestic abuse cases by her superiors, not an official thing but it was there. Assigned to traffic only in spirit, really. Her boyfriend was getting more and more distant every day, and she felt like everything was going to end. Her job, her romance, maybe her life if both happened badly. At some point, she was considering suicide rather casually. She was always around the worst of humanity with the domestic abuse, and it brought her down. Eventually, she was beginning to think she wasn't seeing the worst, but what humanity truly was.

After the tenth mewling, beaten wife, the husband trying to explain and the kids crying in the corner, you tune out. You start seeing patterns. The wife's bruises, the husband's lips, and the kid's tears all synch up, like music after a while. She could swear she could time the wife's chokes with the husband's attempts at explaining things.

Eventually, she stumbled upon something really fucking bad that shook her like a bullet to the chest.

Outskirts of town in the suburbs, screaming followed by gunshot. Neighbors say the married couple had been on edge a while. Kathryn assigned almost as soon as the call ended. She drove up to the picture-perfect house, drew her gun and knocked on the door. No answer for ten minutes. She noticed it was open a crack. She pushed it open.

Inside, dead husband immediately on the floor, shotgun in hand. His face... had been chewed off.

This wasn't a fucking domestic abuse. Another one of those bath salt fuckers must have broken in. She gulped, then she checked all the rooms. Annoyingly picture perfect, she was unable to stop comparing it to her nice little No sign of the wife or the kid, until she went into the kid's room.

The wife was there. The wife was there alright.

The wife was on the wall, stuck by an organic harpoon. The kid was crying in the corner as a huge insect lumbered toward him. The kid was in his PJs. The insect looked like an ant and a fly mixed together and 9ft tall.

Kathryn immediately aimed at the thing and shot it. Confirmed kill, but it crumbled into tiny insects who scuttled off. She ignored it, and walked over to the kid.

"You okay?" She said, putting a hand on him.

"Mommy... Mommy said the monster in my closet... wasn't really real... But... then it ate mommy."

From that point, Kathryn woke up. She realized that her life wasn't going to be the same ever again.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:30:28 pm by Fniff »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 06:45:04 pm »

Bakstur will take a good nap. Try and dream about something beneficial, perhaps?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »

((OOC: @Fniff/Did my character get kidnapped or something? O_o

Cause she sort of...vanished from the face of the game this turn. I don't mind if you literally took my action as not doing anything, but I at least need some lead-in to where I am.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »

Oh, whoops! I knew I forgot something!

I am REALLY sorry!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13