Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9709 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2012, 09:29:57 am »

Eric ran his gaze over his allies. Even with his inner demon controlled, Bakstur seemed aloof and relatively uninterested; probably his original character then.

"Well, let's get moving, shall we? Kat, you can go check on the crime scene with Ambrose while I try the police station with Bakstur. We'll meet again after we're done, call me if you feel like reporting anything important." the young man said, smiling.

Kathryn had heard about his no-relationship policy and oddly didn't question it. It was a funny thing to see, someone who didn't find him stranger and he already was. Part of it was probably because she had started to understand how he lived; always knowing that he was nothing but dust in the shadow of giants, and keeping people safe by staying away from them was a nice strategy when you could attract enemies that worshipped said giants or simply wanted you to suffer.

To the police station with Bakstur.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:53 am »

Kathryn nodded, distracted. Her thoughts were clearer than usual, but it was still difficult to process them all...

Action: Check the crime scene with ambrose!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2012, 02:32:47 am »

Go with Kat, try to pick up a few tips about crime scene investigation from her

"Hey Kat, you know how I'm not hat good at this investigation style stuff, but I want to learn now so I'll follow your lead ok? Also how have you been? This guy I used to know but had to break it off with is kinda weighing on my conceance,(How do I spell that damn word, and spellchecker isn't helping) oh dear I'm rambling!"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2012, 07:18:16 am »

During the Drive to the Crime scene...

Kat and Ambrose has some time to chat.

"I've been alright. Thinking things over.

...You said you had a boyfriend? Well, so did I, his name was Jackson. He made good waffles. I loved him. We were pretty rocky at the end. Or maybe we were too close, and I was just getting cold feet. Suppose I'll never know."

She paused to check her rear view mirror. No tails.

"They tell us we can't exactly have any contact with them. I know it's hard, but remember-it's for the best, I suppose. I wouldn't...there's alot of ways for these we fight to hurt you. I haven't called him, because if I explained everything...he'd lose that illusion, that everything is alright. He'd be a target

Ignorance really is Bliss, you know. I prefer to keep my memory of him as he was."

She fell silent for a moment, heart burning. Lonely.

"...that said, if you wanna meet up with your fella-I'll help you-help him understand. Aesir won't care if you keep it quiet and it doesn't interfere with your work. The question is, do you want him to be part of our world?

It's pretty damn terrifying...but Love is strong, too. I know this is going to sound sappy, but there's a power beyond bullets and charms and spells. Courage. Love. Hope. Friendship. It's important we never lose these things. It's what separates us...from them."
She said.

Kat had come to understand this. Even if her own emotions had been dulled and damaged...she still knew.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2012, 04:20:38 am »

"Well, I am worried about letting him into this world and making hing a possible target, but then I left him hanging we were going great until..." Ambrose looked sad and sick at this point, she was still not used to this world herself

"Michael is hunting for me, he is worried and he is on the right track, I am worried aout what will happen if he finds out on his own as well, he is in danger either way"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2012, 10:20:17 am »

Bakstur opened the door of the police station, and immediately he saw a crowd of very very very angry people trying to see who can yell the loudest. A few worried looking police officers were desperately giving them "We are doing all we can"s, while wondering how long it was until the crowd would just plain knock down the door and start smashing things up. Bakstur and Eric made their way through the crowd, and walked up to the police officers A fat police officer with sleepless eyes looked at the two with confusion.

"I'm sorry, we can't let any--"

Eric flashed his FBI badge.

"... I'll let you through." The police officer opened the door. "We were informed there would be... investigation."

Bakstur smiled and nodded, then let himself through the door. Police officers all around were desperately working to figure out what was going on, and it seems that the coffee couldn't be made any quicker then it already was. They immediately strode to the sheriff's office and let themselves in. The sheriff was reading over notes as they came in, and he looked up. The entire office was filled with maps with tacks with wire connecting them, and great fronds of notes and books piled in towers.

"Well, hello there." The sheriff said in a kindly southern accent, but obviously strained. "You be the FBI boys?"

"Yes, we are." Eric took a seat, while Bakstur looked over the books. "So, we understand that lights have been reported in the sky, and that people have been disappearing?"

"Yeah, yeah..." The sheriff took out a bottle of whiskey and poured himself a glass. "I think this isn't an ordinary crime. I've been searching around the crime scenes, and I've been spotting things that aren't... right."

"What do you mean?" Bakstur asked, keeping his eye on the book he was looking over. 'Legends Of The Apache'. Bakstur opened it at the bookmark. Lights in the sky were reported by the Native Americans in the area of Santo's Cove as a sign of a sacrifice being needed to the spirits, or else horror would ensue. The "Horror will ensue" text was underlined in red pen two times, with three question marks. Two bad things: The sheriff was catching on that something was really wrong here, and that something very bad was going to touch down. He looked at the next page. Lights in the sky reported in 1883. Town destroyed in a few nights, explained as an Indian attack by the authorities, despite denial by the native americans and the fact that there were no corpses period.

Shit.

"Well, odd government types hanging around, kinda military but they aren't wearing the uniform of any army I know. Not only is it just home invasions with no bodies, but cars and hitchhikers are being taken. Here's the weird thing too... It's closing in around the town." The sheriff pointed to the map. It was, a rope around the neck of the town, how long until they were out of time...

"That is quite interes..." Eric paused as the book was handed to him by Bakstur. He gave it a look, then another. He stared slightly.

Oh dear.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Ambrose looked over the crime scene of the barnhouse. Every door was opened, and every window too. Bloodstains on every possible surface in certain areas, and every light broken. She looked closer, that was the point of investigating, and tried to look past the obvious. She walked around the house, giving each room a personal look over and a sniff. She noted how the darkness around certain areas was thicker then the rest of the house, not even the moonlight piercing it quite well. In fact, the darkness was thickest in the areas where the bloodstains were everywhere... Her nose was telling her nothing. Just an ordinary house...

She walked over to the kitchen where Kathryn was looking it over.

"Anything?"

"Nada, zilch. I think I saw something move in the darkness, but I'm fairly sure that was just my nerves."

Ambrose thought she saw something move too.

"Did you see that?" said Ambrose, voice edged with panic.

"... Yeah." said Kathryn.

They both stared into the darkness for years.

To say there was nothing to fear but fear itself in that darkness was a lie. The correction should be to remove the nothing, to, first fear and but. The fact there was nothing was the fear itself, for where the fuck was that thing?

Ambrose, at least, was holding herself together. Kathryn sighed but kept an eye out.Truly, that was an exceptionally good idea. Something shadowy kicked in the door and started running at them. Ambrose immediately pulled out her handgun and put two bullets in the thing. It immediately disappeared... Then the silence became rather smug. Something was in the air, like they were at the epicenter of an earthquake about five minutes before it was about to begin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2012, 01:51:33 pm »

Kathryn pulled out her gun and flashlight. She clicked it on, trying to illuminate the shadows.

"Let's get out of here, Ambrose. We'll fight this thing on better terms, with our full numbers." She said, gauging escape points. If they could escape...

Action: Tactical Retreat! See if my flashlight holds back the shadows any.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:37:35 pm by Dwarmin »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

Bakstur will go and talk to the crowd of angry villagers, trying to get information and/or to calm them down. Ask the local police if they have any evidence available.

Any way to check my character's back-pack or whatever he uses...?

Also: Woo-hoo! I've been missing this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2012, 03:24:20 am »

"That is sounding like a good idea, by the way this for want of a better word, "Living Darkness" was stronger near the blood stains"

Retreat with Kathryn, if the darkness is too fast change to wolf and grab Kathryn before running as fast as possible

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2012, 08:07:20 am »

"Well, we'll be investigating that." Eric said as he moved out the door and motioned for Bakstur to follow. "But we'll keep in touch if anything is needed."

Ask around the crowd and the rest of the police officers.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:31 am »

Right, guys, update will be on Sunday. My internet is being silly so I can't properly do everything.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

Tell me about it, I hate my internet. 10 gb cap monthly, horrible speeds and oft dying due to a few clouds blocking the satellite.

But, oh my, how I wish there was any other options! Only other thingy viable would be Dial-up...

Will wait patiently!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2012, 03:10:00 pm »

You see, I'm on holiday, and the internet is a complete scam. It's 20 cents for two minutes, at least at first. Now it's gone totally strange and isn't doing anything terrible, but I'm too paranoid to do anything apart from read.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2012, 03:48:44 pm »

Kathryn and Ambrose began to make their way out of the house, guns trained on any speck of darkness that could be waiting to attack. Luckily for them, none attacked. They were at the car in no time without a single interruption. Even if there wasn't anything that would attack them, they were still anxious. Hell, perhaps the fact that there wasn't anything waiting to attack was the main problem of the situation. They got into the jeep and started it up, getting onto the well-lit highway.

"Crap... I'm glad that we got out of there as soon as we did... What are we going to do?"

"Let's get to Bakstur and Eric, tell them what happened, then we'll all figure out a plan. Maybe they got some info as well."

Of course, God hates a planner. The lights on the highway, one by one, began to flicker. Then they died, one by one. Even their headlgihts started to dim. Kathryn opened her eyes wide as she realized the engine was dying. The car began to slow. Through luck and a good bit of fiddling with the ignition, the car groaned with effort and managed to start up the engine again, keeping them going.

"We gotta keep an eye out... We're in the dark..."

They rode in complete silence. They both felt the darkness getting to them, but they both managed to keep themselves up.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Bakstur had asked around the villagers for information. Some were farmhands, some were townies, others were tourists. Even without the Angel having a direct infulence, he still felt it's ability to manipulate minds shining right through him. He had gathered a few things: people disappearing at night, in the dark, usually without light sources. No corpses and no traces of the person apart from bloodstains or lost items. Typically occurs in areas with lights in the sky. He went up to one of the police officers, a bored looking 20-something.

"You wouldn't have any evidence, would you?"

"Yeah, we sure do. Go check out the evidence locker, they're right in there."

Bakstur smiled and thanked the man, then began to explore the police station. He found what appeared to be the evidence room, a small room with a few lockers in it. He found a collection of plastic bags with items in them labeled "DISAPPEARANCE EVIDENCE". That was it.

He looked through them. A phone that appeared to have been melted in what must have been extreme heat, and apparently partially frozen, one half of a shotgun (The rest appeared to have been ripped off by force, mostly the barrel) and dental braces that were fused to ripped out human teeth forcibly, judging by the bloodstains. They were dealing with something supernatural, alright. No wonder the sherieff was suspicious, what could be this strong?

The lights began to flicker off.
Eric was just learning from an officer that the majority of the people who witnessed the deaths were in complete light, when suddenly the lights overhead began to flicker out. The officers immediately attempted to calm the villagers down, and Eric could hear an order to check the fusebox. A police officer walked out the door.

The police officer suddenly collapsed onto the ground, shaking. He seemed to be coughing up blood as darkness somehow swelled around him, making him almost disappear in shadow. Soon enough, he was gone. In that terrified moment that lasted an hour, no-one seemed very sure what to do.

Eric knew what to do. Or at least, he hoped he did.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2012, 04:03:04 pm »

Kathryn felt cool as a cucumber, to coin an old phrase. Sure, she was driving in a dying vehicle, being chased by shadow monsters with no idea how to defend herself.

But the night was awfully pretty, wasn't it?

"Ambrose, we're in a bit trouble here. Look in the back of the truck and the glovebox, we should have some of those road flares-or some flashbangs, but I doubt God is with us tonight. we're going to need a source of light that can't get shorted out. Matches, lighters, all the flashlights we have-whatever.

Hell, find anything we could burn in a pinch and pack it up. We might have to make a bonfire."

Kathryn couldn't really recall if they had any flares or how many, but hey-positive thinking.

Action: Continue to finesse the car as far as it can go, watching out for others cars to avoid collisions.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:04:45 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13