Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9706 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: First Mission Complete! [4/4]
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:32 am »

Bakstur will head to the TRADER'S PAWN SHOT for the first day, and on the second the "SPIRIT CHARMING blah blah" shop. During the third day, he'll head to the CYBERNETIC's shop, the fourth to the UTKIN MILITARY shop, and on the fifth day he will head to the PHARMANCY. For the last two days, he'll practice his Pole-arm skills. Mainly, his spear skills.
((The GM pointed out training takes the whole week, you might want to change that.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aye, I know. I meant training by myself, - Not in the facility/guild/whatever it is. Just stabbing some trees and practicing my holy slashes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

"Whaddya think? Do I make this look work, or what?" She said, motioning to herself.

"Well, I can tell you it worked pretty well." Eric then motioned towards his own travel longcoat, which he never abandoned, and the mix of casual and formal clothing he usually wore - long sleeved shirts and vests, thin ties and jeans - which made him look a bit stylish, if not for the fact all of it was usually disheveled.

"At least getting me feeling like a bum is certain." he completed with a smile. "Let's go, we can talk a bit there. I just wish Bakstur would join, but he doesn't seem exactly like a teamplayer...Well, nevermind, let's eat until we're full then talk when our moods are improved by food."

With that, Eric drove both Kathryn and Ambrose to a nearby pizzeria. A good one, actually, he loved their pepperoni.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2012, 02:18:17 am »

Bump bump. Game dying just as it gets interesting? :P

*gets out the RP paddles*

---

Kathryn downed four slices of pizza that day-she was as hungry as a Wolf! No insult intended to the actual Wolf among them.

"Yeah...this is good. Great actually. It's been a long time since any of us could just sit back and relax."

She enjoyed a moment of companionably silence.

"You know, I don't think you've ever told us much about your past, Eric. You seem to be a natural at...all this stuff. At least as best as one can be. How did that happen?" She queried with a small smile, sipping her drink slowly. Her eyes were bright, calculating-needs, and wants. She needed to know how he did it. She wanted to know more about him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2012, 09:49:03 am »

"If you want to know how I got tangled with the supernatural, then I guess there isn't much trouble in telling you." he said, finishing a slice of pizza and apparently wondering where all the food Kathryn ate went to.

"I have always been curious, and when I was a child, I found something in my grandfather's house about some of my ancestors. It was well-hidden in the attic, which was also hidden and had a lock, but I was a very curious child. When I asked my grandfather, he simply dismissed me and managed to keep eluding me from getting into the attic again. Eric chuckled a bit.

"Fast-forward to my teenage days, in which I played detective in part of my free time. I examined some cold cases and things the police was in doubt about, thanks to a very good friend of my father in police. I liked staring at those files, but some things kept not making any sense to me. Of course, I kept digging deeper and deeper until I dug my own 'grave'."

"I discovered the supernatural did not exist only in movies after some extense research and facing a shapshifting creature in the streets of my hometown after it committed a crime. Not nice at all. After that episode, I went to my grandfather's house decided to get more information out of that attic, and I was granted access." he stuffs his mouth with another bit of pepperoni pizza before continuing.

"Turns out some of my ancestors were witch-hunters or monster-killers. Our family's name already changed various times so we wouldn't be so easily discovered, and the last one saw us adopt Lowe and apparently stop with the supernatural activities. I was already knee-deep into the swamp, so I decided to get in further. I think I like the work, and most people out there don't know the truth. The ones who know should try to keep them that way by maintaining all the 'anomalies' in check." he shrugs before continuing.

"I have a measure of control over my impulses and manage to keep a cool head even in some nasty situations so I have fared well so far."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:02 am »

Kat nodded.

"I guess it was a get them before they get you sort of deal...honestly, though, I'd like to train with you, Eric. I'm not too proud to say alot of this is over my head-unlike the rest of you, the Supernatural reached out of the gutter and grabbed me by the neck...I wasn't ready."

She paused a moment, running a hand through her hair.

"So, I'd like to learn from you-coping methods. Tactics. Knowledge. Your family history. What have you. I'd be lying if I wasn't intrigued in you as a person...and, I figure it can also be a team thing, we've all got our strengths, we should share them, you think?

Statistic don't lie. Most teams...don't last long, frankly. So we're going to have to step up our game, all of us."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2012, 11:15:00 am »

~Bump~

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »

"Train with me? Really?" Eric chuckled a bit as if amused by the thought before continuing. "You seem to fare pretty well with the abilities you already have, but if you feel like asking for my help, I'll try to do whatever I can."

His eyes narrowed and he interwined his fingers in front of his face. "I still lack knowledge about my family history, and as you may have noticed, my strengths are investigating, interrogation and narrowly avoiding death."

He sighed before continuing.
"I also fake mannerisms and body langague, as well as eliminate them when I need to. I suppose I'd be a good poker player. And as coping methods? I guess I have none aside from avoiding romantic relationships and friendships, as well as moving far away from whatever family I still have. I try not having anyone to worry about during the night."
>Yes?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Connecting to http://www.AesirInitative.aesir
Connected
Aesir Initiative Mission Board
We at the Aesir Initiative want to make sure that you, our employees, get the best treatment. The following missions are based specifically on what would be best for your teammates and you! Please, vote with your teammates on which mission you would like to begin.

Spoiler: Mission 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission 4 (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2012, 09:09:55 pm »

Eric took off the list of possible missions as they ate the last slice of pizza, putting it on the table near Kathryn.
"Which one do you choose, by the way? Straight-up combat is probably dangerous for us, and investigation may prove underwhelming and is also the most picked option by other teams."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

Kathryn tapped the second file.

"We're a bit balanced, our team. Half of us our investigators, the other half more...martially inclined. This case would be the one I would choose. It plays to our strengths."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:51 am »

"I agree. When I said dangerous 'for us' I meant mostly for both of us." he said before sighing. "Sometimes I wish my family just hadn't quit their witch-hunting business. At the very least, I would probably have been trained since I was a child."

He motioned towards his body.
"Being a frail and nosy human is hard to work whenever there are supernatural or eldritch horrors involved." he completed with a smile. "Ever played Call of Cthulhu?"

Second mission it is.
>Yes?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2012, 08:04:57 pm »

"I like the second mission as well, it will give me a bit of a chance to observe proper investigative procedure, I like you guys and I do not want to let you down again"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2012, 09:46:32 am »

First mission seems best. The second one, with the aliens? Yeah, nah, no. Off to the cargo ship, I guess! Load the hell up with gear, though.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

The moon was high in the sky as the team began to drive into the town Santo's Cove, passing by the seemingly endless plains on the cracked and abused road. Their car was no G-Man style SUV now, oh no, it was a hardy looking military jeep that Bakstur was currently in love with as he drove. This machine was everything Bakstur wanted from a car, it could take a beating and it could manuever. The plains turned to a town, and Bakstur subconsciously fiddled with the amulet, a diamond-shaped emerald. The girl in the Spirit Charming shop, who would be pretty much dismissed as a hippy in every other lifetime Bakstur could have lived except this one, said that the amulet would lull the demon away into a sleep. She was obtuse, but it was working. For once, his dreams didn't consist of mutilation and horror as they have been since he was a teen, and his thoughts were alone in his own mind.

However, she warned that the demon could break out if it was powered by a sudden infusion of pain and misery, so if he was badly wounded he would be in danger of losing himself.

He stopped the car at the house that was Aesir property, meaning they could rest at it if neeed. He looked at the others.

"We're here."

______________________________________________________________________________________

Eric looked up from his notes, and nodded. That chill in his spine was gone. Maybe he was going soft or James was lying, but it turned out that his nerves were just that: his nerves.

He had been doing research, not just on the artifact he wished to gain, but on the general situation. He had learned a lot, there was plenty of information around from official (AesirWiki) to unofficial (His tinged by the paranormal but still mortal contacts, a godsend in this business). Aesir had a few allies, some of them with oddly familiar names (SCP Foundation, Assassins Order, X-Com, why did those names register as familar?), but have many enemies. Makes sense. What was utterly surprising to him was the fact that the Aesir Initiative had a seperate operation in the supernatural: they were allowing them to be free.

Well, free in a certain sense. They fitted them with devices that tracked them but also hid them from humanity, and they were operating under Aesir's laws and regulations, they had to agree to it, and they would be obviously sent to be contained if they were unreversably evil. The devices particularly worried Eric. They worked by sending a certain type of signal that told the brains of anyone around they were not seeing an obvious monster but a normal person, and the devices also sent another signal that allowed the person with the chip to see other paranormal beings. A check of his email revealed an order to get this chips installed for his team. So they did, and... it was a rather disorientating experience for all of them, and it was a good thing that it was at the weekend allowing them to get used to the rather bizarre world that was under the skin of what was thought to be the real world.

He stepped out of the car and waited for the others to step out before he spoke.

"Well, then. I got some information here, and we can do a few things here. We can go talk to the police, who aren't necromancers here, apparently. They may have some information. We could always check out the scenes of the crime itself. We don't need to go in a group, so we could split up and check each lead."

______________________________________________________________________________________

Kathryn's mind felt a lot cleaner then usual. Those monks were there at the mental resistence training, but they added in a few more tests to boot. Some of them would qualify as torture and some of them would be considered good meditation practices by buddhists. A hatable few would qualify for both. She felt like she just walked into her apartment after a long and weird holiday and found that someone had converted into a minimalist, ascetic wonder. She knew she was going to fuck it up again (A half-baked movie idea was lurking in the corner of her mind already, the festering mug of coffee on the desk in her brain) but she was enjoying it while it lasted, and she knew it was still going to be different.

She got out of the car and listened to Eric. She was curious as to how this mission was going to turn out. The idea that aliens are an accepted fact was intriging enough, just as intriguing as the revelation that Aesir wasn't just a mercenary company but a full blown supernatural conspiracy corpration, but it turns out that the lights in the sky over this fair town weren't aliens... It was mysterious. This could be an interesting mission.

Ambrose was having a pretty weird week. Michael was still bothering her, both in reality and in her own mind via the wonderful emotion known as guilt. Then it turned out that a little chip currently implanted in her skin was lying to her since she was born using her own brain, which seemed less like a fundamental ally and more of a cowardly mercenary by the day. Michael was the more daunting issue, as the latter was pretty much solved. He wasn't dumb enough to actually look directly for her, but her silence only worried him further. He seemed to be trying to figure out what the hell was going on. As the car drove, she studied the last message he sent to her android.

He had got the basics down. He knew there was some organization, perhaps big, perhaps small, involved in her total disappearance. And he knew that something was wrong on a basic level with this whole business. He didn't seem to know much, but he was finding out more and more...

The car stopped, and everyone (Including her) stepped out of the car. Eric explained what they could do, and she sighed and put the phone away. It was time to be a professional. It was time not for fuck ups, but for being a proper operative. It was time to be good.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »

Bakstur will just mosey along behind the group. Wherever they go...Four freaks with varied firearms would probably stand no chance against possibly incredible dangerous aliens.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13