Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72062 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I thought we were just going to claim HP at massclaim time.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

I don't know when the day ends (Dar, can you stick that in the D2 opener or the next votecount?), but considering it's been a full day and we still haven't seen a couple of people I'm going to go for an Extend. Can we get some prods?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

I can't say whether Native and IO are a team or not, but I have to agree that what OB pointed out seems odd.  Native suddenly shows up near the end of the day with this case on OB, and the whole line about "wanting to lynch a townie on D1" ... only scum would know that for sure on D1. 

Honestly, I don't really have an opinion on the hp-claiming thing.  I don't think that information is going to be useful because it would be trivial to lie about it. 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

I was planning a 48-hour day, but with two people in need of replacement that doesn't seem very viable. Let's just say Monday for now.

Votecount tomorrow, only four vote changes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Solid activity, everyone.

Tir: Hey, at least the booze didn't wreck my post like it did last time!

Toaster: I did a quick reread of ZU's posts, and I can't say that it makes much more sense now than it did before. I mean, look at this post, for example. Accepting death is one thing, but saying "I don't care if I die" doesn't make sense as town.

More later, dinner with the fiance's family!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

So the activity for the day is a PFP from me and barely 2 sentences from Shake?

GET IN HERE.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Shakerag:
I can't say whether Native and IO are a team or not, but I have to agree that what OB pointed out seems odd.  Native suddenly shows up near the end of the day with this case on OB, and the whole line about "wanting to lynch a townie on D1" ... only scum would know that for sure on D1.
AHEM.
Shakerag, Tiruin, Native: [...]Also please state your reads on each other and Hapah.
One down, two to go.

I don't think that information is going to be useful because it would be trivial to lie about it.
How so?

Hapah:
So the activity for the day is a PFP from me and barely 2 sentences from Shake?

GET IN HERE.
No.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ergh, forgive me if this post seems broken. Working on a literary work that I've only been notified very recently...

Gladly, a partial re-read happened. Sorry @ Irony, UI or anyone else for that.

Shakerag, Tiruin, Native: Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost. Also please state your reads on each other and Hapah.

Tiruin, current suspicions?

@UI: Why include Hapah and nobody else but Hapah and us?

OB - Unsure on why he suddenly suspected Irony and NF @ D1 end, sounded jumpy in the post in which he outlined them [url-http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113809.msg3578442#msg3578442]there[/url] even if he wasn't in the lynching block. Next is that wish for a double-voter...How sure are you that both of them are scum, judging by how you worded your D2 first-post, Orangebottle?

Thinking of it like so: Native and Irony would go team-play on you D1 to...what? Lynch you instead of ZU, then? What would be the difference there unless a.) ZU is their teammate, thereby exposing them to the obv-lynch-plan (how do you call them?) b.) You're spouting incredulous ideas on why they were scum based on...

Um.

Timing on votes == scum, then? Especially when said plan falls short of a lynch?

As of this post, I'm literally falling asleep despite typing these sentences. Explanation later on:

OB > Shakerag here on why you also think such on the above and it's relation to time constraints//lynch > everyone else because my mind is fuzzy on who goes first in that order.

Also, I mistook the claim missing HP, by missing the @Massclaim portion. Meh, honest mistakes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Oh dear god. Everyone's been lurking as hard as I have.

We're fucked.

Extend?

Hapah:
I'll have to reread all his posts. At least we can take everything he said in good faith now. I guess RL just got to him? (I think he's in school/uni)
That doesn't seem to explain a lot. What exactly are you thinking happened there?

IO: Unless I'm missing something, you're taking some rather significant liberties with OB's posts. Where did he say he was certain that ZU was scum?
He never explicitly said that, no, but he never explicitly said he was scum at all until pressed for it. More importantly, he had no other suspicions and stated several times in the same post that he was scum, then dropped it for a totally new, mutually exclusive theory without any explanation as to what happened to his old suspicion that he just spent forever working on and defending. That kind of abrupt turnaround is what's suspicious, not that he used the word "certain" or "absolutely."

Imiknorris:
How does "I think ZU is scum" translate to "ZU is definitely scum"?
He had no other targets, spent all day on him, stated multiple times that he thought he was scum, and expressly dismissed every alternate theory. That sounds about as certain as you're going to get without something else major going on.

Also, why did you choose to vote OB over Hapah yesterday?
OB was scummier. I did waffle between the two a bit, but Hapah sounded a bit more confused and careless, whereas OB's weirdness felt a bit more malicious.

Shakerag:

Honestly, I don't really have an opinion on the hp-claiming thing.  I don't think that information is going to be useful because it would be trivial to lie about it. 
This is passive and lazy, both in scumhunting and mechanics opinion. I see no questions, yet you're speculating. What does that tell me?

Tiruin, OB requested a replace. He's still a good lynch target, I think, but he obviously can't defend himself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tiruin:  You never answered me here.

Irony:
Tiruin, OB requested a replace. He's still a good lynch target, I think, but he obviously can't defend himself.

Would you rather see him lynched or vigged?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Extend, at a public computer in my free time. Saved the loooong contents of said post in another PC.

=snip=

What did you expect me to say about other alignments?  If he's scum, he's good to hang; otherwise he is bad to hang.  Additionally, see above response to UI- that post was cleverly constructed to move my "last voted" effect to ZU without actually voting him.

Flailing players are bad, but if they have played well in the past (ZU has) then they're either doing on purpose or just having an attack of idiocy.

As far as my D1 play, it's always pretty much the same.
I mean in a hypothetical situation. Let's say you're scum, does the same aside confer to your play D1 as such? What about Town?

Also:

You'd attack him? Or are you putting up the circumstance of someone else doing it by the statement of vig'ing him? From where I see it, Vig'ing others won't be that efficient due to the HP system.

Why did you ask that?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might need a replacement.

But OB is almost certainly scum.

I'll explain if I have the time. On that same note, if I get the time I won't need the replacement and I definitely won't need a replacement if one is not found by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Toaster:
Lynched, unless we have reason to believe vigging him is better or he's already missing a lot of HP. I guess lynching a target that's here to be hunted and then vigging him down in the night might work also.

I'm also curious why you want to know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC (signups) [9/INFINITY]
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2012, 06:11:04 am »

Votecount:
NativeForeigner - Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris, Orangebottle, ;
Toaster - ;
Hapah - ;
Orangebottle - NativeForeigner, Tiruin, IronyOwl, ;
IronyOwl - Hapah, ;
Tiruin - ;
Shakerag - ;
Phantom of the Library - ;
Urist Imiknorris - ;

Not voting: Toaster, Phantom of the Library, ;
LurkerTracker link

Day has been extended to Wednesday. Yes, I know there were technically not enough requests, but with two replacement requests... I don't even know whether it's worth it to continue this game. :(

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Oh dear god. Everyone's been lurking as hard as I have.
Yup. :/

Hapah:
I'll have to reread all his posts. At least we can take everything he said in good faith now. I guess RL just got to him? (I think he's in school/uni)
That doesn't seem to explain a lot. What exactly are you thinking happened there?
Sorry. I mean that maybe with uni and everything, he just didn't have the time to commit that he thought he had and made a lot of mistakes compared to usual. It seems like he had a lot of PFP's and seemed a lot more rushed than usual.

IO: Unless I'm missing something, you're taking some rather significant liberties with OB's posts. Where did he say he was certain that ZU was scum?
He never explicitly said that, no, but he never explicitly said he was scum at all until pressed for it. More importantly, he had no other suspicions and stated several times in the same post that he was scum, then dropped it for a totally new, mutually exclusive theory without any explanation as to what happened to his old suspicion that he just spent forever working on and defending. That kind of abrupt turnaround is what's suspicious, not that he used the word "certain" or "absolutely."
Thank you! That makes a lot more sense.

Dar: Up to you whether or not you want to continue running the game. You've got some stuff competition though, and there's a lot of Grade A lurking going on.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24