Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72113 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »

The day of heated arguments draws to a close and a scroll containing everyone's names is passed around the champions. Each one marks the name of the champion his summoner has selected with a quill, everyone else intently watching to prevent any forgeries. Finally, the votes are tallied and it becomes clear that zombie urist is the one fated to be eliminated!

With a stupid lopsided grin and a merry laugh he turns around and saunters out of the room the summoners are gathered in and everyone is able to get a good look at the figure inside his ball.
You are Gangplank, the Saltwater Scourge.

Your abilities:
Grog Soaked Blade (passive): If the person you're voting isn't lynched at the day end, he takes 1 damage;
Parrrley (Q): Deal 1 damage. This ability can be used on the same night as W or E and can be used every night.
Remove Scurvy (W): Heal self 1 damage. This action ignores RBs, delays and redirects;
Raise Morale (E): You and, optionally, another player become immune to RBs, delays and redirects for one night;
Cannon Barrage (ultimate): Deal 1 damage to the target, plus one damage for every person who targets the target or whom the target targets, for a maximum of 2 damage per person. Deal the same damage to everyone the target interacts with;

You have 4 health.
However, it doesn't look like he was one of the people chosen as Mafia for this game. Grim expressions concealed beneath hoods, you prepare for the night.

Zombie urist has been lynched! He was town!

It is now Night. It will end either in 48 hours or when everyone sends me their chosen abilities.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC (signups) [9/INFINITY]
« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:12 am »

Day 2
pro as heck guide to not dying

As the champions gather for the new day, some of them worse for wear... nothing interesting happens. There are still nine of you, and nine of them. Anticlimactic, isn't it?

Votecount:
NativeForeigner - ;
Toaster - ;
Hapah - ;
Orangebottle - ;
IronyOwl - ;
Tiruin - ;
Shakerag - ;
Phantom of the Library - ;
Urist Imiknorris - ;

Not voting: NativeForeigner, Toaster, Hapah, Orangebottle, IronyOwl, Tiruin, Shakerag, Phantom of the Library, Urist Imiknorris, ;
LurkerTracker link
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:30:46 am by Dariush »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

UI:
Toaster: You're not sure if your top suspect is voteworthy? Are you serious?

I thought this over, and I might as well claim it- something bad happens to the last person I vote for (regardless if I'm actually voting them at the time), and I had rather it happen to ZU than Hapah.  In retrospect, it was pretty silly since he was due to hang anyway.  Additionally, something good happens to me if I end the day not voting.  (Usually I'd rather vote, but there was no way Hapah was going to hang.  I'm even less sure of him now, though.)

Tiruin:
Toaster

I want explanations on --snipped quote--

Because it seems that you hit the 'bad town' mark on ZU and only that from Hapah's post. Did you say anything about other alignments? I don't see em.

I want ZU to die at night rather than hang because I think he's a jester.
What do you think about flailing players and how they can benefit the game?

Also,
Spoiler: As an aside... (click to show/hide)
Does this work in any which way for your alignment?

What did you expect me to say about other alignments?  If he's scum, he's good to hang; otherwise he is bad to hang.  Additionally, see above response to UI- that post was cleverly constructed to move my "last voted" effect to ZU without actually voting him.

Flailing players are bad, but if they have played well in the past (ZU has) then they're either doing on purpose or just having an attack of idiocy.

As far as my D1 play, it's always pretty much the same.

Hapah:  What do you make of ZU's town flip?

Dariush:  You say we notice some are "worse for wear."  Can we tell which ones?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2012, 11:30:15 am »

No. Riot Games EULA prohibits noticing things.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I swear to god if I were a double voter right now...

Irony, Native: Get in here and explain yourselves.

Native:
I somehow completely overlooked you as the other person actually wanting to lynch a townie on D1.
how do you know Zombie is a townie? It's not possible to have that strong of a read or an inspect yet. We're on day one. The only people that know who the town is is the scum.

Irony:What was with the last minute vote after being gone all day? That's pretty fucking suspicious. You lurked all day, and then you decided to just pop on and vote me on the very last day of day one, a few hours before day end. What're your top suspicions? Why did you suddenly jump in in defense of Zombie?

No. Riot Games EULA prohibits noticing things.
I laughed.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia! (1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED)
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

Ten bucks says you'll flip jester instead of town. When you're killed. At night.
You owe me 10 dollars.  :P

Also bah.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Orangebottle:
Scum. I always vote for the scum first.

I think he is scum.

Because I think ZU is scum.

I think ZU is scum.

B)Scum
Actually, Native,
I somehow completely overlooked you as the other person actually wanting to lynch a townie on D1.
how do you know Zombie is a townie? It's not possible to have that strong of a read or an inspect yet. We're on day one. The only people that know who the town is is the scum.

Also, that was incredibly suspicious timing on both you and IronyOwl[/color]. Both of you hop on and vote me on the last possible day for voting. One right after the other.
EBWOP: It's almost as if you're working as a team...

Nah, that'd be silly. After all, who would be protected by the WIFOM that generates? "Oh no, they couldn't be scum, scum would never work together in the open like that! But what if that's what they want me to think?" Etc.
TOTALLY not Irony and Native.

Explain this bullshit. You tunnel ZU, claim he's definitely scum, and then switch to saying me and Native are a team at the last minute because we both voted you? The hell is this?

I swear to god if I were a double voter right now...

Irony, Native: Get in here and explain yourselves.
And then you have the balls to demand I explain myself. Classic.

Irony:What was with the last minute vote after being gone all day? That's pretty fucking suspicious. You lurked all day, and then you decided to just pop on and vote me on the very last day of day one, a few hours before day end. What're your top suspicions? Why did you suddenly jump in in defense of Zombie?
I lurked like a motherfucker, came back, and determined you were the most suspicious player in the game. Would you have preferred I simply lurked through day's end? Of course you would, because then you wouldn't have a vote on you. My bad.

My top suspicions are you and, to a much, much lesser extent, Hapah. Actually, not so sure of that anymore. In any case, where did I "defend" ZU, in your eyes?

Native:
Claiming missing HP might be a good idea. I'll think about it at work.
What'd you come up with?

Tiruin, current suspicions?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explain this bullshit. You tunnel ZU, claim he's definitely scum, and then switch to saying me and Native are a team at the last minute because we both voted you? The hell is this?
Let's check the facts.

-Both of you lurked for most of the day, you especially.
-Both of you came in and voted for the same target in defense of the same(now confirmed townie) scummy guy
-Both of these votes happened on the last day before the first night.

My, my, you two are looking pretty close right now. Too bad for you that Native had to drop a huge scumslip.

I lurked like a motherfucker, came back, and determined you were the most suspicious player in the game. Would you have preferred I simply lurked through day's end? Of course you would, because then you wouldn't have a vote on you. My bad.
No, I'd prefer you show up and actually hunt scum instead of showing up at the last minute and dropping a vote on anyone.

My top suspicions are you and, to a much, much lesser extent, Hapah. Actually, not so sure of that anymore. In any case, where did I "defend" ZU, in your eyes?
Here. It's more of a chainsaw than an actual defense, in that you just ran right up and attacked half the people voting for ZU at the time, then re-engaged lurk mode for the rest of the day.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Replace me. I'm bored and tired of Mafia, and have plenty of other things I could be doing with the time I'm spending making these posts.
My Sig

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Toaster
Hapah:  What do you make of ZU's town flip?
I'll have to reread all his posts. At least we can take everything he said in good faith now. I guess RL just got to him? (I think he's in school/uni)

IO: Unless I'm missing something, you're taking some rather significant liberties with OB's posts. Where did he say he was certain that ZU was scum?

PPE: Lurkers: Get it together! I know the game just opened today and some of you might not have seen it yet, but we need you!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

C'mon folks! I'm drunk and I make more posts than you! You gits can do better!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

IronyOwl:
Orangebottle:
Scum. I always vote for the scum first.

I think he is scum.

Because I think ZU is scum.

I think ZU is scum.

B)Scum
How does "I think ZU is scum" translate to "ZU is definitely scum"?

Also, why did you choose to vote OB over Hapah yesterday?

Shakerag, Tiruin, Native: Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost. Also please state your reads on each other and Hapah.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

The problem with Dariush. He's in a totally different timezone!

So ugh.

Midterms wrapping up, will be back ~tomorrow and ready to continue the fight!

HP Claim:

No difference.

Shakerag, Tiruin, Native: Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost. Also please state your reads on each other and Hapah.

Tiruin, current suspicions?

@Hapah: Seems the jovial normal Hapah I'm remembering around everywhere on the forums -- vague feel on him, but he's an active member who lets nothing stop him from posting. ...Even alcohol -_-

The rest will have to come ~24 hours from now. Check: Intro to this post on why. Sorry for that, RL first.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost.
Trippy.

Tir: Why the HP claim?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost.
Trippy.

Tir: Why the HP claim?
Because I voted for such earlier? And nobody else is doing it?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24