Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72187 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:44 am »

PFP

Hapah:
PotL:

-snip-
Hapah:
Your total amount of scumhunting today amounts to an entire wopping zero.  All you've done is answer and give RVS questions and throw around a couple of FoSs in the same post as an random vote.
I'd grant you that, though I did chat with OB. Why did you single me out when Tir and NF hadn't posted today?

I didn't single you out, in case you missed it, this is from the exact same post:
Native: What about a shielding move? Why did that not factor into your decision at all?  Someone seems to have their scum mindset on.
I didn't say anything to Tiruin, because there was nothing that struck me as suspicious.

Quote from: PotL

-snip-
If they're suspicious enough to warrant an FoS, then they're suspicious enough to warrant a vote, why did you use you vote for an RVS question, when you're apparently suspicious of two people?
The thing is, I'm not really sure about either of them anymore. I disagree with Orangebottle, sure, but I can see where he's coming from. ZU really just confuses me. I don't think he's scum, but something does seem off. Maybe Toaster's jester idea has merit?

Whether or not you don't suspect them now isn't what I was asking.  I was asking why you didn't bother voting for the people you suspected at the time and instead used said vote for a bloody RVS question.

Why are you avoiding the question?

Native Foreigner:
Native: What about a shielding move? Why did that not factor into your decision at all?  Someone seems to have their scum mindset on.

Huh, guess I glossed over the shielding option. Even so, I would still pick the roleblock. I'd rather stop someone completely than risk my target (for the shield) taking more damage than they're protected from. Especially in the later days if I have a fair idea of who's scum. If I had a shield move, they could just target me instead. If I had a roleblock move, I could stop them completely

I'm unsure of what you mean by having my scum mindset on. Given the mechanics of the game, it's just as likely for scum to have any of those abilities as town, so accidentally excluding one (well, maybe if I excluded the kill, but even that's a stretch) doesn't really strike me as anything mentionable. I feel like I might be missing something. So if you think otherwise, could you please elaborate?
Reasonable answer, unvote.  Both the role-block and kill in my experience are more scum-oriented abilities, whereas the protect is a more town oriented ability.  The scum need to stop the town's power roles from working and kill the town, and the town needs to kill the scum and stop them from killing them.  Excluding the protect made it look like you might be thinking from the scum mindset.

zombie urist:
Your vagueness screams "lynch me" and I know that you're a better player than this, shut up and crawl into a hole jester.

Dariush: Should a jester be lynched (assuming that there could be one), would the game end, or would it continue on?

Extend

That last one didn't count because Book's face is a fuckface.
Am I missing something here? Did the extend go through or am I going to have to get violent with the mod?
Book isn't in the game, but he voted for an extend anyway.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2012, 09:52:52 am »

Dariush: Should a jester be lynched (assuming that there could be one), would the game end, or would it continue on?
The game would continue.

Day has been extended to Friday, 5 PM GMT.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:27 am »

Shakerag: Which would you rather have: more damage or more HP?
That'd largely depend on what kind of numbers we're talking about.  Just trying to think generally, I'd go with more damage, so I could be more vig-like.  I don't think I've gotten that role yet.
Since this is a BYO, why didn't you just pick a guy with more damage?
1 - I've never played LoL, so I don't have a strong idea of who are the big damagers and who aren't.
2 - I responded to the question in the context of "more damage" or "more HP" are my only two choices.  There are other possible attributes one might want to have over those.

Looks like I missed a question.

Because if we talk about it while we're actually mass claiming, it's going to cause a confused state where half the people are claiming it and half aren't, while people are attacking each other for claiming/not claiming it.  Deciding ahead of time lets us mass claim in a controlled manner when the appropriate time comes.
Hmm.  I suppose.  unvote

I'm insulted that you think I would need help coming up with a fake claim as scum.
:-/
I don't see how what I said was insulting.  I would think it would follow that, as scum, one would want to have and utilize as much information as possible. 

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2012, 10:49:48 am »

Pfp. I,m not a jester, just bad town.   :-\

Zombie:
why would you claim your HP to stop the HP claim discussion, only to continue discussing it? Your reasons don't add up at all.
Im no longer disvussing it.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

That doesn't answer the question.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »

OB:
Unvote.
Toaster:
Toaster:
OB, you tipped your hand here.  Before Dariush said so, you knew that the mafia didn't have a pure mafiakill.  How?  Because you here pointed out that the HP totals would allow the mafia to target their killing better, before it had been made public.  You knew too much too soon about the mafia, and the only logical conclusion is that you knew that because you are mafia.
Or, I read the OP, received my role, and came to the logical conclusion that the Mafia would have damaging abilities. Because they're Mafia and they need to kill us. Did you have any reason to believe that they didn't have any damaging abilities whatsoever?

It's never stated anywhere that the mafia doesn't have a direct kill, though.
While I know you're talking about the OP, your statement is entirely correct when applied to the post that you're attacking me for.
Toaster:That information's far too useful to the scum, to let them know who to target for kills. We shouldn't give scum the ability to know who will die when targeted and who won't just for the sake of transparency.
Where did I say that the scum definitely do not have a mafiakill? I did not. I said that the HP information would help scum kill us. If scum actually had a mafiakill(as Dariush has denied), the information would be twice as useful because the scum could MK townies with high health and use whatever damaging abilities they have on low-health townies.

Also, the mere existence of a damage/health system implies the lack of a mafiakill.

You may not have directly said it, but I see it heavily implied.

Perhaps, but nowhere until I asked Dariush was it directly said so.

Shakerag:
I'm insulted that you think I would need help coming up with a fake claim as scum.
:-/
I don't see how what I said was insulting.  I would think it would follow that, as scum, one would want to have and utilize as much information as possible. 

Fair enough.

ZU:
Pfp. I,m not a jester, just bad town.   :-\

Smells like bullshit
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »

Native Foreigner:

Huh, guess I glossed over the shielding option. Even so, I would still pick the roleblock. I'd rather stop someone completely than risk my target (for the shield) taking more damage than they're protected from. Especially in the later days if I have a fair idea of who's scum. If I had a shield move, they could just target me instead. If I had a roleblock move, I could stop them completely

I'm unsure of what you mean by having my scum mindset on. Given the mechanics of the game, it's just as likely for scum to have any of those abilities as town, so accidentally excluding one (well, maybe if I excluded the kill, but even that's a stretch) doesn't really strike me as anything mentionable. I feel like I might be missing something. So if you think otherwise, could you please elaborate?
Reasonable answer, unvote.  Both the role-block and kill in my experience are more scum-oriented abilities, whereas the protect is a more town oriented ability.  The scum need to stop the town's power roles from working and kill the town, and the town needs to kill the scum and stop them from killing them.  Excluding the protect made it look like you might be thinking from the scum mindset.

Oh, okay. I hadn't even thought of that. Your statement makes significantly more sense now.

PFP - Be back around midnight PST.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2012, 04:50:41 pm »

Replace needed. Too much workload for two games.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2012, 05:49:36 pm »

Sorry folks, I'm a little under the weather.

PotL: I did miss your question to NF, my apologies. S'what I get for trying to fit in a post past my bedtime.

And I'm not dodging your question; I misunderstood. You're right, I probably should have given one of them the vote, but I goofed it.

ZU: So...that's it? Discussion over? Outline a case on Toaster and OB if you've got something better than gut.

I'm going to lie down. I'll try to check in tonight.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »

On the Subject of ZombieUrist: I think he might be a jester. I find it difficult to believe that someone would make the post he's made and not want to be lynched or killed. He's even posted his HP for us to all see how many times we have to hit him to kill him. Also, with posts like this (primarily the "Oh no someone is going to kill me", he's practically begging to be killed and is expressing his total disregard for his own wellbeing. This strikes me as jestery without actually overplaying it (which kills the gambit for most jesters).
What leads me to believe that there can be jesters is the fact that occasionally in LoL you get people called "Feeders" who intentionally get themselves killed to troll their own team. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dariush labeled someone as a "Feeder" AKA a jester-type role.
I was being sarcastic. ::) I don't want to be killed, but at the same time, if the mafia wants to kill me there is nothing I can do to stop them. Townies get NK'd. On the other hand, OB is hoping that by not telling others his hp, the scum are less likely to kill him. Lastly I haven't heard about jesters that need to be NK'd to win.
ZU: So...that's it? Discussion over? Outline a case on Toaster and OB if you've got something better than gut.
Huh? I'll get a better case up after class.
That doesn't answer the question.
Umm... Yes it does?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »

On the Subject of ZombieUrist: I think he might be a jester. I find it difficult to believe that someone would make the post he's made and not want to be lynched or killed. He's even posted his HP for us to all see how many times we have to hit him to kill him. Also, with posts like this (primarily the "Oh no someone is going to kill me", he's practically begging to be killed and is expressing his total disregard for his own wellbeing. This strikes me as jestery without actually overplaying it (which kills the gambit for most jesters).
What leads me to believe that there can be jesters is the fact that occasionally in LoL you get people called "Feeders" who intentionally get themselves killed to troll their own team. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dariush labeled someone as a "Feeder" AKA a jester-type role.
[...]On the other hand, OB is hoping that by not telling others his hp, the scum are less likely to kill him. Lastly I haven't heard about jesters that need to be NK'd to win.

PFP

Er, didn't you say that you ultimately believed that OB was scum?

So...situation speaks, he's trying to get killed by his teammates this way?

Jesters die to win, as far as I know.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »

No, but town also may have damaging roles. Jesters need to be lynched to win. Pfp.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »

Toaster: Regarding the theory point, what if everyone claimed how much they're missing instead of how much they have? We'd still get about the same level of information (someone missing 1 isn't bad off, someone missing 3 or 4 is looking pretty rough), but it doesn't let scum easily square up the numbers to blow everyone away.
Except, that's just as helpful to the scum. Your counter-theory has changed very little.
I thought you said it would be more helpful? Seems the more time passes the more scared you are of revealing you HP.
Or, I read the OP, received my role, and came to the logical conclusion that the Mafia would have damaging abilities. Because they're Mafia and they need to kill us. Did you have any reason to believe that they didn't have any damaging abilities whatsoever?
Don't know the name for it, but this is some sort of fallacy.
Where did I say that the scum definitely do not have a mafiakill? I did not. I said that the HP information would help scum kill us. If scum actually had a mafiakill(as Dariush has denied), the information would be twice as useful because the scum could MK townies with high health and use whatever damaging abilities they have on low-health townies.
Also, the mere existence of a damage/health system implies the lack of a mafiakill.
That's where you said it. I still don't agree with the last part. No reason mafia wouldn't have a regular kill. After all we don't lynch away HP.
The difference is that the plans are less accurate because they don't have the exact numbers. The result is essentially the same.
That's not even close to being the same. Explain.

I seriously don't understand why you are so concerned with hiding your hp and so scared of dying.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2012, 10:52:30 pm »

Zombie:
Don't know the name for it, but this is some sort of fallacy.
Don't bring it up, then.

That's where you said it. I still don't agree with the last part. No reason mafia wouldn't have a regular kill. After all we don't lynch away HP.
This is the most disgusting misinterpretation I have ever seen. Read the context you moron.
Toaster:That information's far too useful to the scum, to let them know who to target for kills. We shouldn't give scum the ability to know who will die when targeted and who won't just for the sake of transparency.
I was referring to this post.

The difference is that the plans are less accurate because they don't have the exact numbers. The result is essentially the same.
That's not even close to being the same. Explain.
We have two end results:
1) Scum know exact HP and can coordinate kills easily.
2) Scum know how much HP townies have lost and can guess at their HP to coordinate kills easily.

I seriously don't understand why you are so concerned with hiding your hp and so scared of dying.
Because I signed up for this game to play it instead of sitting there dead and watching.

What is your case on me, anyway? So far it seems like all we're discussing is my objection to claiming HP come massclaim, and you being a huge idiot.

Toaster:
You may not have directly said it, but I see it heavily implied.
And? I believed that they didn't because there's a HP/Damage system.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2012, 12:04:10 am »

I guess we're not going to get that consensus, then? (I think posting missing HP would be best, for what it's worth)

UI: Sorry to see you go

IO: Where ya at?

ZU: You've attempted to derail a legitimate (I'd go so far as to call it necessary) discussion on game mechanics, claimed with near-certainty that Toaster and OB were the scumteam (even though Toaster was attacking OB right before you made that post?), made the oddball HP claim to try to stop the HP discussion entirely, and then keep poking OB with it. I can't tell if you're a Jester, a very preoccupied townie, or very not-subtle scum.

Tir: I've never seen a Jester that won by getting NK'd. Do you have an example?

More in the morning. I think NF has a post coming tonight? (I don't know where most of you play from/when you're typically on).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24