Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Most massive screw you to elves you have done  (Read 8858 times)

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most massive screw you to elves you have done
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 01:53:46 am »

I beat them all to death with wooden training weapons they sold to me.
i tried that once, but for some reason their pointy sticks are better than mine ???
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 02:20:54 am »

That's because they attempted to put an edge on theirs.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Deekin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »

I locked them in my fort until they were stricken with melancholy and jumped off of my fort and into the goblin siege. I didn't know my fort sucked THAT bad.  :'(
They didn't accept my rock crafts, but they did accept the tip of my spear...

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »

On Evil maps, I particularly like starving trapped elves to death, then sticking them in cages when they become undead and unleashing them on future elven caravans.

"Hey... I know that guy."

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 10:04:05 am »

i usually trade them all my tattered clothes , crafts with engraved dwarves killing elves and if i feel bad , i seal the trade depot and drop in some naked goblins (if they have weapons they kill them too fast) .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 06:40:53 pm »

I traded all of their booze and wood for rope reed fiber cloth.
WIN

I'm currently building a wooden ship outside my fort, currently consisting of 2000 wood. Best part: if the elves come to besiege it, it will fire magma out of the cannons  8)
2nd Place

On Evil maps, I particularly like starving trapped elves to death, then sticking them in cages when they become undead and unleashing them on future elven caravans.

"Hey... I know that guy."
3rd Place
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »

I find burning them in a sealed depot chamber quite amusing. Their goods take a while to stop burning though unless i fill the chamber with water.
Sometimes I just use a private elf depot containing the zombified remnants of their predecessors. (Though I avoid using clouds since husk and thrall elves tend to complicate the cleanup.)

When I first started playing DF I caught a couple of them in cages just to find out that you can't sell pets to caravans. ::) I was really looking forwards to selling them the survivors of their previous caravan..

My favorite was a deep clown depot in one of my latest forts. Nice little depot with multiple airlocks (don't want to release any unwanted clowns) and a fun little back gate leading to a corridor and a curious little hole.. Too bad that I messed up and it turned out to be a single-use apparatus but it was worth it.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 08:46:59 pm »

Being sorta new I have yet to do a 'screw you' to the Elves. I do dislike the elves, but I have never been in a decent military position capable of handling a war (I know they use wood swords, but the archers and concept of war in this game scare me.) and the usual goblin crap, or had the right situation for environmental murder to them.

Back when I just started playing I never understood the hatred towards elves. I didn't really care about their anti-wood snobbiness (Mainly because I only make and sell stone and metal crap.). I started disliking them when I realized how much crap their caravans were. That's all it's at right now, disliking. However, as soon as Elves can go to war over the amount of trees I cut down, it will be come utter HATE.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

However, as soon as Elves can go to war over the amount of trees I cut down, it will be come utter HATE.
Use DFHack and run "fixdiplomats". It should fix/replace the Elf diplomats, which means that you get back the quotas on tree cutting.. and you can violate the quota to make them declare war on you.

OT: I tolerate elves. That being said, the worst I've done to them is to leave their merchants stranded outside my fort while a goblin siege wipes them out.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47:42 am »

Being sorta new I have yet to do a 'screw you' to the Elves. I do dislike the elves, but I have never been in a decent military position capable of handling a war (I know they use wood swords, but the archers and concept of war in this game scare me.) and the usual goblin crap, or had the right situation for environmental murder to them.

Treating the elves as friendlier above ground cave civs is an appropriate way to conduct "diplomacy."

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:53 am »

I see dwarves as a supply of animals for which to slaughter... It's about all I buy from them. I did manage to get a breeding pair of quite a few different war animals eventually, and all the useless ones got butchered while they were still in the fortress. I haven't had much to make me dislike them so far, apart from their excessive demands for profit. Apparently 200% is too little
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 08:33:55 am »

My attitude towards elves changes according to world. If they keep on bringing me exotic animals (tigers, dragons, etc.) I let them make a profit. If they disgrace my fort with goats, I set them on fire.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 08:48:08 am »

Have never done anything bad to them yet.. they are useful little buggers by bringing me sunberries, highwood, rhinoes and giant pandas.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 11:27:31 am »

Fact; elven pandas need bambo. They will not tell you this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 03:39:44 pm »

i modded elves to be able to be trained as pets and resold them to the next elven caravan which i then captured and seized all good causing my elf number to double i did this for a couple in game years i probably got about 12 elves, in the end i made a large room filled with burning trees and released them into it to burn to death slowly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4