Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Most massive screw you to elves you have done  (Read 8862 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most massive screw you to elves you have done
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 12:03:28 am »

Worst was an unintentional forest fire. Was testing my Magma Based "Defense" system. Didn't occur to me that it'd set the grass on fire. I suppose it should have.
Sadly (as far as torturing elves goes, anyway) there were no fewer than three rivers on that map and ~30% of the trees survived unburnt.
I counted this as a mixed blessing, on one hand deforesting the entire map would be entertaining. On the other hand, no coal/lignite had been found.

Now of course the fortress has collapsed (clowns, if I recall correctly) and it's a moot point.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:09 am »

agreed to their demands of 100 somewhere trees for 4 years. In year 5 I declined and cut 5000 trees. Should last me some time, at least enough for another 4 years of making them happy
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 07:44:25 am »

I'm currently building a wooden ship outside my fort, currently consisting of 2000 wood. Best part: if the elves come to besiege it, it will fire magma out of the cannons  8)

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:44 am »

I make them haul away smelly wornout socks.
I've come to look upon traders (especially the elves) as refuse collectors. I buy 1 nice item, they take away 100 items of rubbish...
The last thing I want them to do is die on the map before they leave, its so messy.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

I built my depot inside my drowning chamber, and when the gobos came I drowned all of them together.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:34 am »

I built a walled in depot just for the elves made entirely out of clear class and surrounded on all sides by massive wood stockpiles. Once the elves are in, I raise the bridge and proceed to cut every tree left on the surface. If I happen to be low on wood/trees, then I set the surface afire. Once everything is done, I release them to return home and spread the story as a warning of what will happen to those who fail to bring me proper amounts of exotics.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

I had nothing to do with it, but when playing Masterwork mod a while back I embarked on a 10x10 flat woodland area.

Everything was all fine and dandy, I had a couple of trade depots just outside the stone walls of my tiny outpost (walls were built to include the minimum, the fort entrance and a wood stockpile), when the elves arrived I just ignored them (to weak to wage war at them that early on) and for a time things were good.

Then the Masterwork Wizard invaders arrived and well, the entire forest, the wizard invading force and the elven merchants all burned to the ground in a fiery map spanning hellstorm which left my fortress untouched.
Imagine my fortress (with the stockade now being a sizable tower) being surrounded by a sea of flames.
It was awesome, the landscape looked like something Five Finger Death Punch would sing about.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54:39 am »

I surrounded my trade depot with statues of dwarves killing elves. Immediately behind those statues were goblins in cages. I lik e to think it gave me an advantage in trading.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »

I haven't done it yet, but will in my current fort: Use cave-in dust to cage trap the merchants, and launch them out of dust cannons onto fields of wooden spikes.

But, I just realized, that they've been living the last thousand years being killed by pointy sticks - so they're used to that. I'm going to murder them with clear glass spikes, while flooding the room with burning deer and rabbits.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »

I've been with DF for over a year but have just mainly watched LP's and played Adventure mode. I just started my first really-trying fort a couple days ago, so the biggest thing I've done is lock them in the depot with a drawbridge. One dead, currently waiting for the rest to starve. Not original, but hey.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »

I flooded the trading room with magma.  Unfortunatly, because of some reason (It was months ago), the magma got out, and the room was near the top of the fortress.  The control room was among to first to fall, so I had no way of activating the emergency gates. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:44 am »

Hmm... I need to build a wooden magma reservoir within which to crispify the elves. Maybe then they'll finally send sieges. The goblins are getting boring.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

let elves to to trade depo thats in the open, and then let the elves watch as you cut down every tree on the map, i haven't tried it yet but for some reason they care more about trees than about there own life.
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 01:29:58 am »

I beat them all to death with wooden training weapons they sold to me.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 01:42:49 am »

I screwed them to death. With wooded Corkscrews.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4