Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Most massive screw you to elves you have done  (Read 8856 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Most massive screw you to elves you have done
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:41 pm »

I intentionally sprung a volcano to start a forest fire.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Most massive screw you to elves you have done
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:04:00 pm »

Didn't bother to help them while they were attacked on the way to my trade depot. Then again, I hardly go out of my way to help any traders that are attacked while on the way to my trade depot, though you didn't say it had to be elf-specific.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:54 pm »

They were in the depot when a necromancer siege came. I closed down everything, then when the inner gate was secure I opened the outer one and let them get eaten.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:19 pm »

Sacrificed a dwarf to get an FB up into my "pen" where it waited patiently. When the elves showed up and got snitty that I wasn't giving them 500% profit, I set the FB loose on them and watched the pointears get shredded.

Then I sent my Militia Commander out, whereupon he promptly whacked its head off.  I leave the elf bones scattered out front as a warning to others.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

built EVERYTHING out of wood when near them

I did of course have steel so i killed them all.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:50 pm »

They got mad because one of the crafts I tried to sell them had wood decorations on it.

So I seized their entire caravan's worth of stuff, dumped all their clothing off them, watched my dwarves dump everything, and sent them home naked as jaybirds.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 07:54:14 pm »

Built my 30-z drop tower above the trading depot. When they come to trade, I send the fortress' worth of pets as them. They get coated in explodey gore bits, and I don't have to worry about useless pets taking up the pastures anymore.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »

Well, I'm making an above ground thats 95% wooden, and whenever the elves come I sieze all of their goods and murder them.

Interestingly, they haven't come to attack me yet - but I'm expecting it any day now.

Yeahhh, I'm not the biggest fan of elves. They offend me with the amount of cloth they bring.
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

I remember there was once a thread devoted to finding the best way to torture elves.

At one point I created a drop chamber that would drop elves into a %100 glass room (they hate glass) suspended over a pit of magma that my dwarves would periodically throw wooden crafts into. There was a booze stockpile and tables nearby so my dwarves could watch them suffer while enjoying a meal.

The elves were traders and just went insane after a while.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

I traded all of their booze and wood for rope reed fiber cloth.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:15 pm »

Once I accidently got my Trade depot removed when some elf traders arrived.
Thye waited so long that one of them eventually went bezerk, tried to slay one of their horses..
The horse instantly killed the elf, gaining a name.
Not only did it get a name, it apearantly lost faith in elven kind and all living things since it began attacking and killing EVERYTHING it could see and more.
Eventually it went outside embark borders for some unknown reason.
Terrified Dwarves kept engraving images of this four-legged terror for years to come until the fort's final demise.

edit: Long story short, that's the worst I ever done to the elves.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 10:30:06 pm »

I had one elvish caravan leave with nothing but little figurines of screaming dwarves.  I always loved to imagine the fast talking the broker had to do to get them to take the little things... I imagined them like horrifying little dorfish Precious Moments
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 10:41:14 pm »

At one point I created a drop chamber that would drop elves into a %100 glass room (they hate glass) suspended over a pit of magma that my dwarves would periodically throw wooden crafts into.
I certainly hope that was clear or crystal glass - after all, making those requires burning trees, while green glass can be made using nothing but sand and magma (and Elves will gladly accept green glass goods in trade).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 11:18:14 pm »

Interestingly, they haven't come to attack me yet - but I'm expecting it any day now.
Elves are surpirsingly okay with murder, robbing, torturing of merchants by ways to numerous to count...

What they really hate is getting wood. They get all full of rage and start blowing up. pun not-intended. Seriously, I;ve tried to start a war, and unless you're determined to kill every last elf trader in the world, they will keep coming.

I throw them to be eaten by whatever currently roams my arena. however, for especially annoying ones gennerally those who deny a mhuge surplus when I need to get rid of stuff or desperately need stuff, I hold them and torture them by any means I can find.  Currently that means tying them to one of their own ropes right next to the carpenter, and leaving them there. Forever. Or until the recrutis I periodically send to rough them up kill them accidentally.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »

There's an elf princess corpse preserved as a trophy under glass in the leadership suits' waterfall lobby. Stealing, killing, waging war, carpentry; all the basics really. Plans are in the works to pave the surface in obsidian to prevent future tree growth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4