Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goblin Conspiracy?  (Read 4514 times)

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Goblin Conspiracy?
« on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:50 am »

So, I arrived at the capital of a human kingdom. I immediately noticed that almost the half of it's population were goblins. I traded around and recruited some new members to my personal squad, and headed to the lady's keep. She was in the downmost floor just standing there. I spoke to her and she told of her family's history. In the next room, there was a goblin maceman standing guard. I recruited him, and then saw a floor hatch nearby. I wen't down the stairs, at least 5 levels down. Altough I'm new, I could quess that this was the dungeon/prison of the town or something. I wandered through a door, and was attacked by goblin soldiers. I dispatched of them in a epic battle, and wondered what the heck is going on. I mean, are these guys guardsmen, who think I'm trespassing? I went after a goblin corpse that fell down to a shallow pit. Horror struck me. The floor was littered with peasant skeletons, bloodspatters and kobold skeletons. Seemed like a whole village had been cruelly executed there. I walked through another door, eager to solve this mystery. I was again surprised when I met a group of hostile goblins gathered around at least 5 named human corpses. They had all been guards, judging by their equipment. Has the new lady allied with goblins, secretly killing off those who oppose her? Any other ideas/related stories?

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Conspiracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:31:36 am »

Update: Also found elves and a dragon skeleton with numerous titles.

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50:43 pm »

The goblins and elves you've found in the dungeon are bandits that are now inhabiting it. The corpses are likely historical figures that were prisoners that died, or, people who wandered in there and got killed. I have no idea about the dragon corpse. I have seen trolls in dungeons like such before, but never a dragon.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:47:26 pm »

I sincerely doubt tht the dragon opposed her, dragons are into that conspiracy stuff. nope, I'm sure that everyoneis secretly aliens, and when you'll sleep you'll be abducted.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:10:38 pm »

Yes, makes sense. I'll have to eat them all, just to be sure.

galluptack1112

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:11 am »

I have no idea about the dragon corpse.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:31:55 am »

I'll check the legends soon, though it might be hard to find that particular dragon. Dragon corpses are represented by big D's right?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:02 am »

Dragons are defintiely "D", but "D" is also used for donkeys, and probably other things.  You should look at the corpse ("l") and read it's description to find out what it was.  Or maybe you already did that and you're just trying to find it again?  Anyways, dragon corpse will definitely be a "D", unless of course it is underneath something else...

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

It just told me: "This is a <name+5 titles> skeleton." Altough I've seen some donkeys getting titles (from constantly kicking undead rabbits to death), I don't believe that a donkey could become such an epic fighter. Perhaps when I check into the history of Machinewisps, I'll find a story about the dragon attacking the town and getting killed.

Batman Wayne

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruining the fun for everybody.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:42 am »

Amazing! Just an amazing story!

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 08:11:35 am »

Glad you enjoyed. Unless that was sarcasm..   :-\

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 08:41:57 am »

I guess the human civ conquered a goblin civ, cue the goblins.
The people down there in the dungeons are bandits, if you go too far you will find a fucking strong master.
The place with the skeletons is the catacombs, basically the gravejard. If you explore it far enough you should find that it goes to the temple.

No idea about the dragon corpse tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:23 am »

Yes, in the very last corner that I explored there was a bandit captain. All my companions fell in the battle, but I managed to kill him. I haven't yet retired, so I haven't checked the legends.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 09:03:56 am »

You can copy the save folder, retire in the copied folder and check legends.
But i am impressed that you actually managed to kill him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:01 am »

Yeah, I managed to cut off his hands while he was busy slaughtering my three crossbowmen. Then I just aimed for the body until he bled to death. He did dodge a number of blows, but his attacks were pretty futile without his weapons. Anyway, I retired for a while (I'm probably going to carry on someday, now I want to play fortress mode a bit) and checked the towns history. So far I found a cave dragon settling in there, in a dungeon named Cackledcrevice. This was probably the one I saw dead. I'll keep on reading though.
Pages: [1] 2