Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires and Undead - Like in Adventure Mode?  (Read 1824 times)

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
Vampires and Undead - Like in Adventure Mode?
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »

So I've just started a new above-ground fort, and for a bit of a challenge I'm trying to be as "human" as possible, without actually being human (couldn't be bothered changing the raws so that nobles work etc)

So I'm trying to live above ground with wooden buildings and walls. The real catch is - it's right next to a Necromancer tower.

My first undead siege has come and my gates are closed and squad of 2 marksdwarves are picking off undead that come close to my walls. But looking to the future - I will have to worry about the undead threat a lot more.

So my question is - if Dwarves are turned into vampires, will undead not attack those dwarves that are vampirified? If that's the case then if I am lucky enough to catch a vampire I can make an undead killing squad that can operate without fear of the undead.

I'm assuming it should be the case - but just wanted to find out from you guys if it was true :)
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Vampires and Undead - Like in Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »

So I've just started a new above-ground fort, and for a bit of a challenge I'm trying to be as "human" as possible, without actually being human (couldn't be bothered changing the raws so that nobles work etc)

I'm assuming it should be the case - but just wanted to find out from you guys if it was true :)

1. Change/add [CREATURE:DWARF] to [CREATURE:HUMAN] in ENTITY_MOUNTAIN

2. Yep

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

Awesome! Thanks Loud Whispers.

Silver Warhammer armed, anti-undead vampire squad incoming :D
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:13 pm »

Prepare your wooden caskets for a lot of "Person has been found drained of blood!" messages if you are going to do squads of vampires.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:36 pm »

Aye, it's actually a migrant screening method. Make migrants walk by a zombie they can see, the living (read: normal) dwarves run in fear from the harmless zombie and vampires waltz on through to your fortress.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:13:04 pm »

I'll probably just lock them away underground so they can't harass the population, and only unleash them to the outside world when zombies attack.

Without access to the general town I should be fairly safe, and maybe if they prove themselves I'll give them access to the dungeon to feed on lawbreakers and dwarves who get on the wrong side of me (Oh great! You made an artifact mug! Here, let me show you to your new "quarters")

My biggest hurdle will be finding the sacrifice vampire, as they seem to be a lot rarer in the latest version.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:50:30 pm »

Beware that dwarf vampires still need booze to avoid slowing down, but cant drink any, and blood doesnt work for that function either afaik. Your vampires will slow down eventually, but it shoulndt be that much of an inconvenience.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »

I've seen a few mentions on the forum that Vampires get an attribute bonus - which increases their speed to the point that even though they're slow due to no alcohol, they're still faster than a well-drinking dwarf.

Either way they'll just be a weapon against undead that won't attack them - so it doesn't matter too much.