Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-Chief Med diagnosis, bug or feature?  (Read 821 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-Chief Med diagnosis, bug or feature?
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:57 am »

One of my original 7 was my chief medical dwarf.  A migrant came along with a higher Diagnosis skills, so I replaced him.  Another wave of migrants was ambushed, resulting in some big injuries on two of them.  My former chief med took charge of the diagnosis for both patients, despite the fact that the new chief med was available.  I thought the chief medical dwarf was needed to start all treatment plans.  Either all dwarves with Diagnosis can start treatment now or the game still thinks my original chief med never left the position.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Chief Med diagnosis, bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

Diagnosers diagnose. CMD only enables the health screens and health tracking. The CMD has to have diagnosis skill, but doesn't have to be your only diagnoser.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:14 am »

Agreed. They'll typically grab anyone around, and frankly, having multiple diagnosers is helpful for multiple injuries because they'll be able to diagnose multiple dwarves at once.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

Good to know, thanks! The hospital is one of my favorite features in this game :).

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »

I had a wave of migrants with a bunch of masons with Diagnosis skill.  I left it on for all of them.

I liked the idea of the Diagnoser going "Just slap some spackle on that broken leg, it'll fix yer right up."  And then setting the cast with concrete.  Very dorfy.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0