Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Holy mother of science...  (Read 19917 times)

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Holy mother of science...
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »

A baby vs a zombie head with a mouth? My money is on the zombie head, a single bit attack and the poor baby will have several arteries and nerves torn  from all the shaking. May even loose a limb.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »

A baby vs a zombie head with a mouth? My money is on the zombie head, a single bit attack and the poor baby will have several arteries and nerves torn  from all the shaking. May even loose a limb.

In adventure mode I have been ripped in half by a zombie head, so do the math on a baby...
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2012, 08:27:31 pm »

FB's have been killed by babies. It all depends on chance, but zombies can reanimate. KILL THE NECRO AND SAVE KIVISH NOW!
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

dray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2012, 09:42:29 pm »

This is fantastic! I hope that you manage to pull this off... starting a were-civet kingdom would be an amazing feat!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:23 pm »

Is it necessary?

Are you kidding? Of course it is!
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2012, 04:05:44 am »

Zombie heads are dangerous. A zombie human head completely shredded a full-grown dwarf in the arena. I can't imagine what it would do to an infant.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2012, 12:09:08 pm »

Awesome! Looking forward to the results.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:57 pm »

Yes, this is promising.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »

...I thought necromancers could resurrect corpses through cages? :o

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 02:36:37 am »

...I thought necromancers could resurrect corpses through cages? :o
No, they can't just like any other interaction. Only fb's vapors can be released if they're actually skin extracts that are secreted passively and boil at room temperature.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:34 pm »

Soo, any updates? Or did Kivish get eaten by a zombie head?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »

Soo, any updates? Or did Kivish get eaten by a zombie head?
Tested the elf head on a human, and the human got nom'd. Not lethal, but too lethal for a baby. Otherwise haven't played much recently, which is why there's a lack of updates.

MadParrot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 07:41:41 am »

Regarding the >10 month gestation of little Kivish.

I once had a fort where my mayor was a baby factory - there was about 5 little dwarflets running about. Then her hubby had died tragically, and began to haunt the halls. I figuerd I'd do the right thing and give him a proper memorial. Meanwhile, before I got the chance to give him a decent burial, she gave birth. Awwww, that's so sad, she must have been preggers when her partner karked it. Some time later, the slab was almost done .... and she had another kid. So I abandoned my plans to bury him, as obviously my mayor and her husband's ghost were getting along quite nicely :)

Long story short: I'd keep an eye on Asmel to see if she has any more kids. Would be interesting to find out, I'd ascribed the posthumous pregnancy to Daddy's ghosthood, but quite possibly the dwarfs are running a sperm bank out of somebodies nethercap wood cabinent.

(registered after lurking since pre 40D to post this...)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:48 am »

Since transformation lasts two days and the normal gestation period lasts over 10 months, that's almost an entire extra month's worth of days that potentially gets added on.

(registered after lurking since pre 40D to post this...)
;-;

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:13 am »

I was wondering about that, if the gestational count was suspended on days that Dwarf X wasn't Dwarf X, but instead transformed into W.C.-N.  May have something to do with how the transformation mechanics work behind the curtain.

The other possibility, if this is sometimes seen in routine pregnancies, is kind of like how Personnel issues are sorted: on the first day of the first full month after inception date, plus nine months, then on the first of the subsequent month, blah blah blah....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6