Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Incredibly awesome names  (Read 3995 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Incredibly awesome names
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »

Most of the time, names are dumb.

Then I met Udib Idnòm.

Sounds lame?

Udib Rockgod.

So anyway, if a name is not idiotic/lewd, but instead incredibly awesome, post it here. We will not judge your standards of incredible awesomeness... at least not publicly. Mwahahaha.
My wooden badge was delicious.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incredibly awesome names
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:25 pm »

At first I thought this was incredibly lewd, but then I thought about it a bit more. Not from fortress mode. This was a demon deity:

Seems idiotic? Think about it.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »

I don't remember the dorfish name, but I had an artefact whose name translated to 'Scorchingwhip the Tactical Cacti.'

I think it sounds like the fire-whip wielded by the Balrog from Lord of the Rings with a cactus on the end of it.

Unfortunately, it was just an earring.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:59:08 pm »

Sampled from my Fort:

Erith Skullsswords
Onul Bloodmachine
Deler Workshark
Stukos Oakensmith
Tobul Archtwisted
Sazir Citylanced (Child)
Olon Copperguild
Uvash Phrasecobalt
Likot Honestbronze
Datan' Loveboot
Edem Castlebanners
Urist Rimcrystal
Sodel Trammeloars
Zasit Gorgetails
Thob Earthenplay
Onul Granitetouched
Dishmab Wireduty
Onul Portalcaves
Lorbam Guildelbows
Iton Polishwind
Asen Wheelmurdered

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:06:05 am »

I have dwarfs: Drilleduake, Bloodtomb, mayor Helmspell, a stone worker named Bouldercraft, and  a random animal caretaker called " Astesh Minescaled the Helmed Watch of Graves". I also had a adventurer named Bale Tirinura (Frostsword), The Waning Spurn.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:22:49 am »

I just now had a Swordsdorf earn the title 'the Persuasive Threat of Fears.' He got that name by decapiting two goblins, one right after the other.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:31:10 am »

One of my ex-miners has the surname "Swordchucks."  I renamed him Fighter and gave him his own sword squad to lead.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

theprofessor!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 12:36:33 am »

My current fortress is named: Fortressstoned  ;D

It's only entertaining to me because it's not intentional at all, that's the original randomized name

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:42:13 am »

I embarked in a new area, on a new world... the place is called bellscrewed. Thinking I'll remove the L's
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:07 am »

Mezumdishmab(Smokerampart)
Solozgeshud(Worshipfortresses)

"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 01:46:10 am »

Scratch the last one... Genned a new world... The world of dragons! If there are no dragons here, I will be extremely depressed
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 02:01:43 am »

I had a Nil Axegrowled. Who was trained into an elite axedwarf, and she then got the title "Nil Axegrowled the Labyrinthine Barbarian", which either means she was the barbarian of the labyrinth, or she was a puzzling barbarian (she shouted cryptic riddles at her enemies while murdering them or something).

In any case. Awesome name (And more awesome, was that I actually made her an axedwarf BEFORE I checked what her dwarvern name meant, so it was totally like destiny).

And her squad mate (again, I didn't check the english meaning until later in the game) was Erith Boatsmartyred, which I believe means she was a fanatic of the cult of boatmurdered or something.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 05:06:02 am »

How do you check the english meaning?

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 05:28:54 am »

I had one dwarf named "Urist Machinedanger". Most dwarfy name I've ever had.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 07:08:56 am »

My current fort is named Alathorrun (Boltsroars).  My duke has a liking for bolts and is constantly mandating the construction of bolts.  Sadly, the duke's last name only means "Gemglows".

My Captain of the Guard is named Eral Roberlolok (Wipedgranite).

I have an engraver named Bembul Kirarstukos (Righteousrazor).  I should have made him captain of the guard.

Pages: [1] 2 3