Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tips , that will save your life!  (Read 4248 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
tips , that will save your life!
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:20:56 am »

some things that will give you hope in bad situations.

1. if you have lost your arm or your arm has a motor nerve severed , you can equip your shield and weapon in one arm. you have to pick up your shield in your backpack and press  r  , then remove the shield and it will appear in your hand! i guess you can put more than one shield in one hand but i think that would be cheating.

2. the best and easiest way to kill reanimated corpses is by throwing rough rocks , they wont sever limbs and it will one-hit kill almost every corpse! (i defeated a necro tower by throwing rocks and running)
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: tips , that will save your life!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52:00 am »

Whips are supersonic Micro-hammers.  The force they exert will almost always chip a bone, and that causes tons of pain. You then get an easy headshot.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:19:03 am »

2. the best and easiest way to kill reanimated corpses is by throwing rough rocks , they wont sever limbs and it will one-hit kill almost every corpse! (i defeated a necro tower by throwing rocks and running)
Always sever zombie limbs when possible. Aim for the lower extremities such as the feet, these cripple the zombie, greatly reducing their threat.
Morningstars are just neat. Pikes are great if you're a human. For a Dwarf, there's always a battleaxe.
Never over exert yourself fighting. If you do, flee.
Don't start a fight thirsty.
Hungry.
Drowsy.
Or under the influence of intoxicating syndromes.
Evil biomes are fun.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:46 am »

Always sever zombie limbs when possible.
Actually , it is easier to fight 1 full zombie , it is a lot mode difficult to fight with all the severed limbs . Blunt weapons are the best!
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:04:07 am »

Actually , it is easier to fight 1 full zombie , it is a lot mode difficult to fight with all the severed limbs . Blunt weapons are the best!
And 1 full zombie is a lot deadlier than 2 hands.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »

when i was necromancer i reanimated a hand that killed 1 pikeman and I've had a reanimated head that bite me in my middle spine and torn apart my middle spine nervous tissue . So the body parts are still deadly.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 01:16:45 pm »

Yea, but 10 partial zombies and 20 hands is alot deadlier then 10 full zombies.
If it can grab you, and your not stronger then it, then it will stop you, now, one zombie or hand won't do that, but I remember there was one time where i literally had 20 zombies and zombie limbs grabbing me. Needless to say I was immobile.
Secondly, EVERYTHING can kill you in one way or another, so after you kill all those zombies, you will be relieved to know that all that is left is about 50 barely worth your time limbs crawling everywhere. Then you will punch your computer after one of those limbs gets a lucky shot at your head or vital organs.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 05:01:54 pm »

when i was necromancer i reanimated a hand that killed 1 pikeman and I've had a reanimated head that bite me in my middle spine and torn apart my middle spine nervous tissue . So the body parts are still deadly.
It doesn't neutralize them. It just makes them easier to deal with.
Yea, but 10 partial zombies and 20 hands is alot deadlier then 10 full zombies.
Right. I disagree.
If it can grab you, and your not stronger then it, then it will stop you, now, one zombie or hand won't do that, but I remember there was one time where i literally had 20 zombies and zombie limbs grabbing me. Needless to say I was immobile.
Wonderful. Now, here's the difference. You can break grabs from heads and hands, they're smaller than Kobolds - By WALKING AWAY. On the other hand if you're facing a 150Γ corpse and it grabs you, there are two outcomes : You're stronger than it (keeping in mind all undead are incredibly muscular) and break the grab, or you get locked and limbs get broken.
The bigger issue here is charging and knockback. Zombies are slow and powerful. Get immobilized, cornered, surrounded or unlucky, and chances are any hits landed will kill you if not maim you.
When zombies attack, you can bet they will charge you. And if they're bigger, they will knock you down. If this happens, suddenly they're faster than you as well. If this was however just a single hand trying to charge you, it would get knocked down and you'd happily remove some extra digits. Oh yeah, a hand without fingers = no grasp. Can't resurrect.
Larger groups of zombies stumble over each other. They have to lie down and this reduces their speed even more, ensuring only a few ever reach you at a time - in single file. Smaller bits of zombie are slower, weaker and smaller.
And even taking that into account, my original advice was to sever the feet first and cripple the corpse. If something keeps bringing the corpse back to life, then take the head off and leave the hands alone.

Secondly, EVERYTHING can kill you in one way or another, so after you kill all those zombies, you will be relieved to know that all that is left is about 50 barely worth your time limbs crawling everywhere. Then you will punch your computer after one of those limbs gets a lucky shot at your head or vital organs.
I'd much rather take my chance with the RNG than give my skull to the RNG on a silver slab.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »

I'm with RealFear on this one. It's a lot easier fighting one of any hostile NPC than numerous.

If you have decent dodging and/or shield-user skills, you can deal with one zombie no problem.

Even that won't help you if you get surrounded by even reanimated bits and pieces. One round of combat can result in so many blows against you that even a favourable RNG won't help you. If you do survive a few rounds of being surrounded, you'll be over-exerted and then have your head smashed in anyway. While I accept that you probably won't be surrounded by zombies too often, dealing with one whole zombie is a lot easier than dealing with that one zombie in pieces that can get in several hits per round.

So, to stay on-topic, my tip: increase your shield-user and dodging by fighting small wildlife before you take on anything more fun. Grab it with wrestling, and then lie down (with some type of clothing/armour) and then press the wait key until dusk. Make sure you don't wait into the night though; bogeymen are quite unforgiving on newly created adventurers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 04:05:36 am »

I'll take the middle road and take a massive army of fully intact zombies!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 09:10:21 am »

I'm with RealFear on this one. It's a lot easier fighting one of any hostile NPC than numerous.
Problem : There is never just one zombie

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

Never underestimate a kobold.
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »

Problem : There is never just one zombie

There's very rarely one of anything.

If we continue this line a little further, 5/10/100 fully intact zombies, a lot easier than fighting all those zombies' component parts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »

If we continue this line a little further, 5/10/100 fully intact zombies, a lot easier than fighting all those zombies' component parts.
/And zombies find it easier fighting you when they're in one piece.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »

As far as I can tell, the important thing is that we have or fight f*cktons of zombies. To each their own, the circle of horrible mutilation featuring the undead lion Grimba, yada yada yada.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: [1] 2