Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: City of Exceptional People! (Become Heroes?)  (Read 5947 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
City of Exceptional People! (Become Heroes?)
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:10:16 am »

Warning, if you are offended by things, you probably shouldn't participate or post in this game, or risk seeing it.

The ruins of the skyscrapers leaning over are quite a site. The skeletons of buildings are showing, barely holding up. On this island, this once great city had been run down into the ground by military movements in wars, gangs, crime and poor politicians upholding the laws of this city. The Island itself has different parts. Which currently are the coast which consist of abandoned downtown, the shanty town, the factories and ports. The rest of the coastline is mainly empty, or very few signs of civilization. A bit more inland there is the farming community, the forests, the grasslands and the Lake. At the middle is the volcano, inactive thankfully. This island has seen much better days, the few people that inhabit it are slaves to the factories, or slaves to the fields in farming. Perhaps it is you people. The people who are yet heroes who will bring a new order to this world. Bring hope to these people. Or perhaps you will claw your way to the top. Perhaps you will claim this island as your own. Perhaps you will protect yourself. This world is dangerous enough as it is. You are not heroes, you are people with an exceptional skill or ability. Your goal, if you choose. Is to be the hero.

Rolling will work like this for basic actions

1 - Tragic failure
2 - Failure
3 - Miss, or Stalemate
4 - Light Hit
5 - Hit
6 - Severe Hit
6+ - Exceptional Hit

Combat will work in a versus, the larger the difference in rolls, the harder you hit.
ex. 4 - 2 Results in a hit 4-3 is a light hit, 4-1 would be severe, anything more in difference is considered Exceptional, and is only worsened.

Player Sheet
Name: Given name, if you get renown later on, you will and can get Hero names
History: Why are you on this Island?
*Skill/Trait (Choose one, plus a basic branch. Through in game choices after, these will be the only way to skill level up)
Weapons (Melee{+1 Melee Attack}, Close range{+1 Close range projectiles}, or Long range{+1 Long range projectiles})
Agility (Parkour{+1 Running}, Reactionary{+1 Melee Defense}, or Camo{+1 Sneak})
Power {Hardcore{+1 Blood}, F*ck you{+1 Intimidation}, or Leader{+1 Persuasion})

Example:
Name: Agertor Archmagus
History: The Sock Puppet Man inside of him told him the island had cake. It was a lie.
Skill/Trait:
Agility-Reactionary +1 Melee Defense

On a side note, there are little rules and regulations.

If you want sidekicks, by all means. If you want a family, go ahead. Relationships you have will form the world. Affect your character. However what happens happens, it cant be reversed, and if you do stupid things, stupid stuff will happen. Even the best rolls wont make a piano fall out of the sky to hurt your opponent. One last thing, if you would like a map made, just let me know when you sign up. I'll do my best to draw the worst world you've ever seen.

Addition to rules up top because I forgot, you get one movement turn and one action turn. The island isn't that big so you can move to one place and do one action there per turn. If you stay somewhere your movement turns become action turns. So you get two action turns (These do not translate to assault turns). Getting a vehicle will reduce your movement turn, so you can have two action turns and move with ease. Fun side note.

Players (8/10)
Caerwyn
Baradine
NRDL
agentorangesoda
Ultimuh
Fniff
Firelordsky
Boltur

Waiting

R.I.P. =Accomplishments=
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:03:12 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: City of Exceptional People! (Become Heroes?)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:51 am »

Player Sheet
Name: Marcus
History: To profit from my own secret endeavors.
*Skill/Trait: Weapons/Long Range (+1 to Long-Range Projectiles)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:35:42 am by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:07 am »

Hmm... I'll jump on it.  Let's see if I can't develop my ability into a superpower.

Name: Pini

History: In West Disturbia I was born and raised, trying to live through the panic for most of my days.  In a more serious note, Pini was born on this dreary island.  She was a slave for a good nineteen years of her life.  The only thing stopping from becoming insane was her songs.  After buying her freedom with the rights to a rather exceptionally well made song, she made for the streets.  Soon after, to make ends meet, she joined a fighting club.  Not any particular arena match deal, more like some wise elders teaching and supporting the kids on the street.  She gained exceptional use in using things not particularly made for weapons, such as her electric guitar.  The loneliness of the place sometimes makes her only able to talk in rhymes (I am RPing the shit out of this character).

Skills: Weapons - Melee

Also, a map would be beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:28:48 am by Baradine »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:15 am »

Reserve.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:39 am »

/10 players?

Reserve!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 12:33:33 am »

Name: Nix

History: A businessman from off-island, he has had a string of bad luck when it came to managing and starting up various enterprises.  Moved to the island for a fresh start. 

Skills: Leader
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:24:29 am »

Name: Kazuo
History: Came to the wrong island--thinks he is involved in some kind of tournament or battle royale.
Skills: Power-Hardcore

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:39:32 am »

Name:
Dominic Talon
History:
Used to work in a russian mafia, until a tragic incident which forced him to move from his homeland.
Skill/Trait:
Power-F*ck you {+1 Intimidation}

edit:
Yes a map would be nice.
And possibly later, symbols/insignias which represent each hero/player.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:43:28 am by Ultimuh »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:23 am »

Name: Jordan Svenson
History: Jordan is part of an assassins network known as the Aesir Initative, and he's been ordered to kill someone with in the city... And he's not going to stop at anything.
*Skill/Trait
Weapons: Long range{+1 Long range projectiles})

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:19 am »

and he's been ordered to kill someone within the city... And he's not going to stop at anything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22:38 am »

and he's been ordered to kill someone within the city... And he's not going to stop at anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:30:26 am »

Shifting to Watching//Not In.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »

Name: Erif Eci
History: He went to this island hoping to turn this desolate place into a prosperous sanctuary for people with extraordinary abilities.
Skill/Trait: Agility/Parkour
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Boltur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 04:17:43 pm »

Name: Ted Kivett
History: Ted is a thief with ambitions and moved to the Island in search of next big target. If his sources are right mafia vaults are hidden somewhere here and probably stuffed with anything from drugs to cutting edge weaponry.Of course someone could say that stealing from mafia is just another name for suicide...
Skill/Trait:
Agility-Camo +1 Sneak

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:59:12 pm »

Caerwyn (+1 Long Range)

As the boat pulls up to the abandoned ports of the island, you had heard of this place. A mess of an old city, but people still lived here, and where there is people there is opportunity. If this stands to be correct, you could make something of yourself or get something. Hope comes a little late, as the abandoned ports of downtown stand to need attention. You barely make it off the boat before the ferryman that took you here heads back. The crumbling towers surround you. Old apartments, office buildings, a hospital, police station and fire station. These services weren't here. The towers surrounding them were eerily dark. Every once in a blue moon you could see a person scatter from an alleyway or from street to street, holding things in their hands. They weren't worth anything really. Papers and such. This place wasn't fun at all.

Baradine (+1 Melee)

You live in the shanty town. Days are hard, and resources can be bad at times from the local gang lord coming to collect "taxes" from your food supplies. The lake was always refilled during rains which was nice, and the temperature was almost always warm. You are thankful for this beautiful island. You are not thankful for how it has been treated and run. You yourself haven been a slave can understand that this island is no paradise. Perhaps you can change that with the training you received.

NRDL (+1 Persuasion)

You arrive near the Shanty town, the factories in the distance work tirelessly. Stepping into the town, people stare at you. You are severely more well dressed then them. This could end badly enough right from the start. You quickly disappear as your hopes of escape leaves from the nearby port. The boat goes off into the difference. The good news, you hid away for now. Now you can start making your plans to further yourself. Perhaps this island as well.

agentorangesoda (+1 Blood)

You were sure someone mentioned mortal kombat tournament on an island somewhere. You picked the only island on the known map of the world you could think it was on. Nearly abandoned, you came to this island, sure you would meet the world's best fighters here. You wished to distinguish yourself amongst them. This is a lot of farmland though. You arrive in the fields. You can't see anyone except for the occasional person tilling the fields. Alrighty then...

Ultimuh (+1 Intimidation)

You know why you came here. It is nearly abandoned. Your work as a Russian mobster has left you cold, and you felt something for the first time in a long time. That is why you are here. You ordered a chopper to take you, with ladder going down as it hovered over the forests, you go down. The birds chirp, you can hear the nearby ocean. It is peaceful here. Maybe this will be a good start. The chopper leaves the trees swaying slightly until they stop. You had a good look at the island and know where you are.

Fniff (+1 Long Range Weapons)

Your objective is to kill a certain man. Little is known about this man, or very much at all about him. It seemed like almost a wild goose chase, but you were forced to accept. They know this man is dangerous and works well within the shadows. All you know is, the order stands. If you have to kill every single person on this island to say mission accomplished, it best be done. You were dropped off a while ago, and you are on top of the mountain. You can see the lava down below. They say this volcano isn't active, but that lava down there, that is fucking scary.

Firelordsky (+1 Running)

You read one too many comic books about X-men. You heard of people gaining abilities and skills that would make them more than human and you hoped to make it a sanctuary for these people. While you heard stories, they were just that. Stories. You had to see for yourself what you could do.

Boltur (+1 Sneak)

Stupid as it sounded, this island was home to many gangs including the mafia. The mountain's mineshaft was said to house gold and valuables that they had mined out and then stored in vaults. You arrived in downtown. The place seemed devoid of life, the streets having the occasional person, and even some scavenging bits of paper, and the occasional blanket. You see that the people here are poor, enslaved to this island. But with goal in mind, your boat leaves, and you intend to do whatever it takes, right?

ISLAND

Downtown - Abandoned, dangerous terrain from falling rubble.
Shanty Town - Housing the citizens and slaves, these buildings are made from bits of timber, metal sheets and whatever else these people could scavenge. The only Markets are here, and they are small scale
Lake - Houses the only source of fresh water, small scale fishing by town
Volcanic Mountain - Mineshaft is caved in
Farmlands - Food production is basic, Slave Labor. Farmlands house one fort.
Factories - Goods produced are furniture, canned foods, and vehicle parts and they are all shipped. Slave Labor
Forests - Deforestation is handled, new trees are planted and it is renewable

Government - Military Dictatorship
Leader: General Alfonso Degro - Location: Farmland Fort
Total Military Number: 24 Armed, 66 Unarmed, 15 Transport Vehicles, 3 Assault Vehicles, 1 Tank

Addition to rules up top because I forgot, you get one movement turn and one action turn. The island isn't that big so you can move to one place and do one action there per turn. If you stay somewhere your movement turns become action turns. So you get two action turns (These do not translate to assault turns). Getting a vehicle will reduce your movement turn, so you can have two action turns and move with ease. Fun side note.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:02:44 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4