Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: City of Exceptional People! (Become Heroes?)  (Read 5943 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: City of Exceptional People! (Become Heroes?)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

Spoiler: Roleplay (click to show/hide)
Head to the shantytown, look for any upper body clothes (without killing people) then ask for information at a bar.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:34 am »

Cautiously ask around.  Who's the local big boss, how is their life, and ask it in such a way that no one's tempted to rob/kill me immediately. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 11:48:56 am »

Try to scavenge for valuables again. Also run around searching any other scavengers.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Boltur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »

Try to discover out farmland fort security measures without getting caught.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

Baradine (+1 Melee)

You now try and contact the local gangs. You find out easily enough that there are three, counting the current government, based on how it is run..

There are the Downtown Deranged. This gang is known for its outlook on life being violent. The oppose the current regime, hell they oppose anything. A completely unorganized Anarchist group. Its simple philosophy was hatred. *Gang Number: 15 Unarmed*

You also find out about the Guerrillas in the forest and while they are not a gang per say in the way of crime, they oppose the government. While they are small in number, they are the most well armed and probably have the best contacts. *Gang Number: 3 Close range, 2 Long Range, 2 Melee*

There is then the government itself. Its well-armed, has the actual say on what happens to the island, and it has no fear in exerting force to keep its power. Gang Number: 24 Armed, 66 Unarmed, 15 Transport Vehicles, 3 Assault Vehicles, 1 Tank

In attempts to join one that isn't crazy, you contact the Guerrillas and a representative armed with an ak-47 approaches you. His gear seems ragged, and his face hardened. He has seen many battles. You attempt to persuade him to let you join. (6) You not only persuade him, he smiles at your passionate speech about the current system. He allows you to join and tells you most have to have a trial, but he had a good feeling about you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh (+1 Intimidation)

You head to the factories, there isn't too much use in the woods but as you come across some of the factory's side buildings, you look for useful tools or weapons. (1) You look through the factory's side buildings and come up empty handed, even worse you hear a yell behind you. It was one of the local militia, he had a baton in his hand. "Stop, stop there! Come with me peacefully!" He raises the baton towards you in threatening position.

agentorangesoda (+1 Blood)

They seemed surprised by your onslaught, and you begin to attack the 5 shackled men. (2 v 4) You leap at the first one, who quickly dodges, causing you to lose your footing, nothing too bad happens, but your hands hit the dirt. Now the rest of them were coming towards you. (4 v 6) The first one comes down on you, and you barely block the strike, the heavy shackles bruise your arms, hurting them. (5 v 1) As the other comes up behind you trying to hit you from behind, you kick him in the stomach. With an uppercut to his jaw, he quickly falls. He doesn't move but he is still breathing.  (1 v 4) The fourth screams suddenly as you knock out his friend and he manages to kick you hard to the chest, causing you to lose your breath. Your lungs are bruised. (1 v 6) The final one takes advantage of this and hits you square over the head with the metal shackles, you lay down on the ground bleeding. Alive, but barely. As they help their fallen comrade up and take him away. They leave you for dead. Breathe in, Breathe out. (4 +1) You manage to recover, you won't suffer any permanent injury, but you didn't manage to heal all your current wounds.

Caerwyn (+1 Long Range)

As you go to Kazuo, you are pushed by some farmers wanting to finish him off. You can see he got one of them good. With them limping away, you thankfully only have to deal with the two who are after Kazuo. (2 v 4) You attack the first one and he dodges and pushes you away towards the second. (2 v 1) You use the force of his push to push your shoulder into his friend to push him away, near Kazuo, you see he starts to get up, and you get into stance to help protect him, it was now 2 v 2 unless one of you wanted to run away.

Fniff (+1 Long Range)

You look for upper body clothes (5) and manage to find a black shirt. It was in perfect condition, sweet. It was in the hand-me down pile so no one seems too mad at least. With shirt on, you go to the bar, which says no shoes, no shirt, no service. Its a good thing you have a shirt, but you don't think it matters too much a lot of the patrons aren't very well dressed at all. As you sit at the bar, you ask for information, regarding your mission, anyone who can tell you who red is. (3) He knows who Red is, and informs you he is at the fort in the farmlands. He knows it isn't the leader but one of the military men stationed there. He was unsure of who, but at least you had a place where this man was. Your leg also has fully healed.

NRDL (+1 Persuasion)

(3 + 1) You ask around who the local boss was, but they all tell you the same thing. The man in the fort, Alfonso Degro was in charge of everything. You don't get too much more information than this common knowledge will get you until someone comes up. "They say there is a man named Red who pulls the strings even behind Alfonso. I don't know who he is but they say he is in the fort controlling his puppet Alfonso."

Firelordsky (+1 Running)

(4) You look for valuables today, and hey good news. You found something. Silver, although small, it was a catholic cross. The rope it was one was worthless, but it might be worth to someone here. (Downtown danger 1 v 1) You are pelted by pebbles, but you manage to dodge all the big stuff. Thankfully you go away unscathed as you search for other scavengers. (5) Behind a leaning tower over an alleyway, you can see that there are people gathered around a barrel, a fire inside of it. They look dressed raggedly, but they are eerily silent.

Boltur (+1 Sneak)

(3 +1) You didn't get caught thankfully, but you were almost discovered a couple of times. You found out that their front and rear guard were the heaviest but there wasn't really a way in on the sides. It seems these two gates were the only way.

I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:47 pm »

((So I'm in, right?  If so)): Try to draw potential energy into myself.  If I'm not in, and have to attend the trial, go to the trial.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 04:25:48 pm »

Spoiler: Roleplay (click to show/hide)
Search and contact the guerilla forces on the island, offer them support from the Aesir Initiative in return for a radio and recruitment. If Jordan gets the radio, call the Aesir Initiative and ask for support.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »

Approach the group of people and and attempt to talk to them, if they attempt to kill me then I should run away hoping they will follow and pick them off one-by-one. If they're friendly then try to ask them if there are any guerrilla forces on the island.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »

Hand over my weapon and follow peacefully, for now.
Who knows, this might end up to my advantage?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:38:14 am by Ultimuh »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 09:16:38 pm »

Continue punching things that try and punch me.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 10:44:44 pm »

"Well, I'll certainly need this man's favor if I'm going to set up any sort of enterprise..."

Find the fort, and get the location description.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 11:26:26 am »

Despite being nearly knocked out cold, Kazuo was still alive. It was illogical...maybe they did not know that he would come back to kill them as soon as he recovered, or maybe it was this other mysterious contestant who distracted them. Kazuo would have to thank him with a quick death...maybe.

Kazuo lifts himself up to his feet, pants heavily, and continues to kill or be killed

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 09:24:36 am »

(Believe we are waiting on Boltur. If there is no post by the time I get home from work I'll post)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Boltur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 09:30:28 am »

(Sorry for delay!)

Try to find someone who enters and exits the fort frequently and spy a bit on him.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »

Baradine (+1 Melee)

No trial was necessary, and you were taken to their camp in the woods. With the guerrillas you see a lot of comradeship, patching eachother's wounds, you can see a lot of maps of the island around, some marked with targets, one near the commander's tent was the map with the fort with some tacks inside of the map. While you do not need to take the trial, you answer to the commander. Whatever energies it is you try to draw to yourself, you attempt to do so. It is then, that the commander comes up to you with a mission. In the woods, there is two military scouts looking for the guerrilla hideout. Your mission is to make them retreat, and if they find the camp, eliminate them before they can radio back. You are given a machete, and with you, two armed guerrillas(Avery and Susan) and they are each armed with long-range guns. The commander says they are north in the forest, near the mountainside, trying to look over the tree lines.

Fniff (+1 Long Range)

(5) You find out the information you desire. The commander of the guerrilla faction is in the woods. You receive a contact as well in the local Shanty Town. You could go talk to him. No names were given, just where to meet the man, who will be wearing a red scarf.

Firelordsky (+1 Running)

You approach the group and they all look up at you as you come closer, some of them stare at you intently but they make no aggressive movement towards you. You decide to ask them. "Do you know of any hidden or guerrilla forces on this island?". They all look at each other for a moment. (3) "Get out of here before we decide to kick your ass back from wherever you came." If you continue to stay there, it may become a bad situation, they are giving you a chance to leave now. (Downtown danger 5 v 4) You manage to dodge a large chunk of concrete today. You wonder how people live here day to day, at least the ones that are crazy enough to stay here.

NRDL (+1 Persuasion)

You go to the farmlands to find the fort, its walls high off the ground looking more like a prison than a fort, at least from the outside. You do not approach too close so not to cause alarm, at least at this time. You stand outside it now. You could try and request permission inside if you are here for trade, but you suspect some resistance unless you have a smooth attitude.

Ultimuh (+1 Intimidation)

You lay the jagged rock down on the ground. You go with the soldier and are forced into the fort in the farmlands. Taken to the cells, you are locked away for now. The guards patrol the halls. You are now in jail. There is no trial here, and there are many soldiers. Escape seems near impossible for now. Dressed now in a ragged prison suit with random numbers on it, a guard tells you, that you will be questioned eventually. Soon enough, a male comes up, dressed in a grey uniform, a captain's gear. "What are you here for?" He had red hair, he seemed to be Irish. "What do you want?" While you are intimidating yourself, you feel overwhelmed by him. Something about him feels odd. You can sense it.

Caerwyn(+1 Long Range)

AND

agentorangesoda (+1 Blood)

With the two of you now against two opponents, it seems a bit more fair. Kazuo (3 v 2) manages to wrestle one into a headlock and throws him off balance. Marcus goes to catch him, and he manages to exchange locks (6 v 6). Both go for the same lock and are forced to push away. Kazuo has the chance to go for the second opponent after this. (3 v 6) He manages to stop your roundhouse with his arm and goes to kick your leg out from under you, forcing you to fall, and stomping into your chest, your already bruised lungs force pain on you. Marcus was unable to help with the second foe as the lock kept them in front of each other.

Boltur (+1 Sneak)

The soldiers constantly go in and out, and you attempt to spy on one of the more less dangerous ones, one of the watcher's over the slaves. A melee soldier. (3 + 1) You manage to spy on him a bit, but with all the activity you lose him from time to time. Luckily you find him again. You see that he is alone at one point on his breaks, he likes to go to a little pond in the farmland and have a smoke. You lose him after this however. You could hope to ambush him here.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:06:51 am by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4