Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42929 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 24
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »

It's not like you can't boost your wisdom stat.

Also, there are some spells out there that allow you to... switch some stuff.  If you can find them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 24
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »

Kira pushed herself up from the mossy ground, she could feel the dried leaves crack under her weight.

She shook her head upon seeing her surroundings. "Climate won't help...Don't think I can pinpoint my way back unless I had a map. There are no stars to guide me back...

And...where did I fly?! Ah, right, Fighter's Guild...

But, I'm unarmed and...hmm."

Solers Inficio: Weak Wisdom Enchant > Shield.

Closely examine surroundings.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 25
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

Turn 25

Two I can handle.

Arcane Pulse the farther one from me, then Weak Push the closer toward Janna (so she can finish him off.)

Glad these are both mastered.

Also, for my portal spell, do I need line of sight to both the entry points?

|  You cast Arcane Pulse, and gathering the extra arcane energy you | perfectly cast Weak Push as well to follow up, setting up Janna for a perfect attack.

Your Pulse || rams straight into the thugs chest, catching him completely off guard (+1 to the damage roll).  |  The arcane energy almost carves his chest cavity out!  He's lying on the ground, stunned, but it doesn't seem you got his heart.  You did manage to eviscerate his right lung, though.  |  He manages to stay conscious, but barely (has to roll to stay conscious for 2 turns).

((I'm going to change up how I do combat a bit, tell me if you like it better))

Janna:  She knows an opportunity when she sees one, and swings at the thug!  || Janna manages to catch him in the arm | Completely ripping his arm off! |  His brain overloads from the pain, and dies in shock.

Thug 2: | The second thug manages to get up, and looks ready to fight.  Strange.  Most criminals would have fled by now....

You gain +3 to Ianus Somes!  You gain +2 to Redimio Ianus!  You gain +2 to Ianus!  You gain a level in Redimio Ianus!  You gain a level in Ianus!  You gain the title Arcane Spellknitter!

Report success to mission clerk guy, making particular mention of how I handled the trapped treasure room, explored the throne room beyond, and even detrapped a few chests.

Also mention that I found some kind of cistern with a draining and refilling switch in the previous chamber.

You tell him all this, but it looks like he's barely listening.  He mutters something and hands you a small pouch containing 30 gold pieces.  He says as a parting note, "Come back after you've finished your next mission, we'll have your extra reward ready."

Find an empty room and cast Physical Ward on my leather armor.

Well, you go to an empty room, and you try and cast Physical Ward on your leather armor.  However, further reading into the spell leads you find that there are some requirements for enchanting your armor. 

You must take the Blood of a Man Cut by a Blade
A Steel Shaving
And Ironroot, and mix them until they are Homogeneous.

Then, you must cover your Armor in the mixture.  Then you may cast the spell.

Take a look at boil, and after replacing the book, look around for a training area or something.

It is a spell that causes water to become greatly heated by exciting the water.  You're not quite sure how that works, but as you try the spell, you see that it does.

You quickly find a courtyard outside that bears the marks of practice, so you think that this may be the place.  That, and the big sign that says Training Grounds.

((I'm assuming Ricky is still around, right?))

Relocate Ricky into the way of the punch and "strategically replace" myself into a location where I can get the jump on the bandit who started this fiasco.

You let your pet demon take to blow for you, and it goes up in a small poof of smoke.  You then get yourself out of the crowd, and try and spot the drunkard.  |  You look so hard that you start to look inward, towards peace and sanctuary.  Unfortunately, your enlightenment is interrupted by the guy who tried to punch you before, and he decks you straight in your meditating face.  You are now unconscious (You'll wake up next turn though, so there's not much point in doing an action).

That guy does not like you.

Kira pushed herself up from the mossy ground, she could feel the dried leaves crack under her weight.

She shook her head upon seeing her surroundings. "Climate won't help...Don't think I can pinpoint my way back unless I had a map. There are no stars to guide me back...

And...where did I fly?! Ah, right, Fighter's Guild...

But, I'm unarmed and...hmm."

Solers Inficio: Weak Wisdom Enchant > Shield.

Closely examine surroundings.

You are able to cast your enchant no problem, seeing as your able to take your time.

You look around.  You seem to be in some type of rain forest, since the ground is fairly wet, and the canopy being nearly 1000 feet above your head.  The canopy almost completely blocks out the sun, and you can barely see ten feet in front of you.  There doesn't seem to be anything out of place, at the moment.

Enemy NPC's

Bandit 1: He looks fairly faint.

Caved in Chest Cavity

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Janna: She looks proud at her handywork.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:12 am »

Try to make a shockwave of air that would disrupt everything around me in a certain short radius.

This must be an illusion...

Examine place where I was punched.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2012, 03:20:25 am »

Try to develop a new attacking water spell, creating a water fist that would slam into the enemy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2012, 07:18:44 am »

Ochita, I need a male's blood! I'll give you a glowing thing and enchant something for you in the future if you let me have some.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 07:35:20 am »

Hm. I see no big issue with it. Afterwards, I think we should see if we can't team up to do a mission. It'd be a good way of getting Xp and money.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2012, 08:15:34 am »

The only defense I need is to Repeat the combo into the thug! Arcane Pulse -> Weak Push!

"These guys are awfully determined..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:13 am »

Ochita, I need a male's blood! I'll give you a glowing thing and enchant something for you in the future if you let me have some.

... You know, man is just a general term used to mean human, correct?  Like, "Son of Man"?

It's really an archaic term, but that's how they rolled back in the day.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:25 am »

You have to be careful of that- it goes both way in literary enviroments.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:29 am »

Meh, who cares?  Those are the terms in my world.  It's not like I'm trying to be sexist or anything, just trying to be all olde tyme speak and whatnot.

Also, neither of you are human.  Find a human.  I decided not to make things complicated.  You can take the blood of any one of the four main races, male or female.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:20:19 pm by Baradine »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2012, 02:54:51 pm »

The Ironroot and steel shaving sound like common ingredients. Search for a guild storeroom and see what rules govern the acquisition of reagents.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2012, 05:24:52 pm »

Request next mission!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 10:11:39 pm »

Since all Morelli can do is just wake up, I'm gonna go ahead and do the turn.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 26 - O, Pinky, Where Art Thou?
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37:53 pm »

Turn 26

Try to make a shockwave of air that would disrupt everything around me in a certain short radius.

This must be an illusion...

Examine place where I was punched.

|  All you can manage is a little puft of air.  Afterwards, you touch your cheek, and you can feel the marks upon your face, but you still don't feel any pain from it.

||  You hear the sound of a bow being notched, and you quickly jump out of the way of an arrow that quickly hits a tree.  There is an elf standing a few feet away from you, bow in hand.

Combat Starts Next Round

Try to develop a new attacking water spell, creating a water fist that would slam into the enemy.

| After a bit of trial and error, you create your new spell.  The fist doesn't get very large, but it gets up to a decent velocity. 

You have invented the spell Water Fist!  It is a Level 1 Liquidus Umbra spell that does +.5 bashing damage.  You gain +5 to Water Fist!  You gain +4 to Liquidus Umbra!  You gain +3 to Elementus!  You gain +2 to Realm!  You gain +1 to Mind!

The only defense I need is to Repeat the combo into the thug! Arcane Pulse -> Weak Push!

"These guys are awfully determined..."

|  You completely and utterly overload the spell, and it slams into the thug.  He explodes in a mountain of gore.  You and Janna are completely covered in guts and blood.  Surprisingly, Janna doesn't seem too freaked out.  Just disgusted.

After recovering from shock, you feel a faint pain in your left hand.  You look down at it and groan.  You just blew off your own left pinky.  You could probably get it reattached if you can find it.  It looks like you don't really need to bandage yourself, seeing as Janna is doing that for you.

Your player sense is tingling.

You gain +5 to Redimio Ianus!  You gain +4 to Ianus!  You gain +3 to Mind!

The Ironroot and steel shaving sound like common ingredients. Search for a guild storeroom and see what rules govern the acquisition of reagents.

You quickly find a quartermaster, and he looks at you when you name of the ingredients you need.

"Ten gold and they're all yours."

Request next mission!

The mission clerk looks at you and sighs, "Fine.  | The quatermaster needs a gopher.  Go help him until he releases you."

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Janna: She's carefully bandaging your wound.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

If you could, would people upload a more detailed description of their characters?  I want to add an extra category to the player sheets.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:23:26 am by Baradine »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21