Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42930 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 24
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »

Two I can handle.

Arcane Pulse the farther one from me, then Weak Push the closer toward Janna (so she can finish him off.)

Glad these are both mastered.

Also, for my portal spell, do I need line of sight to both the entry points?

Well, you have to have a general idea of where you're going to be going.  So yes, you can portal into the warehouse.  Just a tip, though.  You can look into the portal to see if there is anyone around.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

Find an empty room and cast Physical Ward on my leather armor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »

And I assume anyone around can look back?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:47 pm »

And I assume anyone around can look back?

With your level of portal spells, yes.  They could also go through the portal.  There isn't much you could do to stop that, except make it really small I suppose.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2012, 02:50:18 pm »

Take a look at boil, and after replacing the book, look around for a training area or something.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2012, 02:54:36 pm »

I suppose finding spells in portal magic will be difficult, considering I discovered the field.  I'll just have to experiment with that once I finish this mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »

I suppose finding spells in portal magic will be difficult, considering I discovered the field.  I'll just have to experiment with that once I finish this mission.

Well, I wouldn't say you discovered it.  It's more like you happened across a very esoteric field. 

In other words, some other people know how to make portals as well, but it'll be pretty hard to find them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

Is "I practice with portal magic to try and discover a better portal spell" a valid action?  Viable, even?  (Let's assume that I have the magic at level 1 or better)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2012, 03:45:24 pm »

Is "I practice with portal magic to try and discover a better portal spell" a valid action?  Viable, even?  (Let's assume that I have the magic at level 1 or better)

Well, it sort of is.  I would much prefer it, and it would come out better for you, if was fairly specific.  For example, do you want a portal spell that takes less time to cast, a portal spell with longer range, a portal spell with more portals, a portal spell with less (or possibly even more) of that intermediary space you discovered?  Maybe you can try and create portals with different properties such as:  This portal will set fire to all who pass through it;  This portal will accelerate all that passes through it; This portal doesn't have a second end, it simply has a gigantic intermediary space for storage.  All of these things are possible, and there is so much more you can do.  Be creative.  This is magic.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »

((I'm assuming Ricky is still around, right?))

Relocate Ricky into the way of the punch and "strategically replace" myself into a location where I can get the jump on the bandit who started this fiasco.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:01:18 pm by Morelli »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »

((I'm assuming Ricky is still around, right?))

Relocate Ricky into the way of the punch and stab the attacking drunkard in the stomach.

Ricky's still around, yes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:13:24 pm by Baradine »

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

Right, right.  Back to the original plan, then.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »

Right, right.  Back to the original plan, then.

Abduct the rowdy drunk that started this mess?

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »

Hmmm... too bad Wis was a minor dump stat.  Portalmancer has quiet a bit of potential.

Hmmmm!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21