Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42879 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 20, The Dance Off!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2012, 09:49:10 pm »

Also, the title says turn 20, while we just passed the second turn 21.

Shh... I forgot.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 23, Ambushes and Bad Jokes
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2012, 11:15:15 pm »

Turn 23

((Do I still have the dream robe, or did I regain my starting equipment?))

Head to the library and look for more Inficio Ignotus enchantment spells.

|  You head to the library and ask the clerk there if there are any books on Ignotus enchantment spells.  She happily gathers a book for you, stock full of low level enchantments (Up to level 2).  She lets you keep the book, as there are plenty of copies.

((Just for clarification, there are two types of enchants.  The ones you guys know, which are temporary enhancements.  Then there are actual permanent enchants.  For temporary enhancements, spells are used, but for permanent enchanting, you would have to consult a book like the one Nirathi just got.  Permanent enchants are less of actual spells, and more like rituals.  Just look through the book, you'll see what I mean))

((I completely understand.))

Kira stared on as Djork grabbed Van from behind her, and *poof*'d it into thin air.

She was lucky to have masked her emotions with a straight face.
But in truth, she also thought of what weapon she would be good at. Her wind spells would take advantage of range and distance, and projectile weapons were of little harm to her, physically.

Something that could penetrate armor, and be drawn easily in a narrow fight. So that meant no shield, and perhaps something that could be wielded equally in both hands as in one.

"How's about an Estoc?"

Tell.

Djork conjures an -Iron Estoc-.  He hands you the sword, and says,

"Because you are my apprentice, there will be little downtime for you.  So, rest up, do whatever you wish!  However, after you are done, we shall begin."

Frown at this slight to my doctoring abilities. Attempt to venture and see what's past the shiny trap treasure room, retreating if I can't contain my need to touch things.

You easily resist the temptation, as you have done it before, and venture beyond the treasure room.  There is a door to you left, and you enter straight through.

It appears to be some type of throne room.  There are several skeletons upon the wall, and there is a single humanoid skeleton sitting upon a crumbled and dusty throne.  There seems to be some real treasure in here, as there are a few chests littering the place.

|  Examining the chests, you notice that there are traps upon all but one.  You open the chest, and it has several old relics laying inside of it. |  Something spots your eye.  Picking it up, it is rather ornate, being an ivory ring with a few small gems encrusted upon it.

You can pocket the gem, or put it back.  Dorian isn't looking.

Leave to go meet my two companions, and then make the trek to Vergesh to hunt down this outlaw.

You meet up with your companions, but before you venture off, your captain says a few things.

"This should be a rather simply routine.  There are no mages within their ranks, so defeating them should be simple.  We only have to make sure Reddrick doesn't get away.  Any questions?  No?  Then let's head out."

You start upon your journey to Vergesh, land of the lawless. |  After a few days of traveling, you stop at an inn to stay the night and maybe get a few drinks.  However, there is a short man loudly ruining your day.

"Yeah!  I-I-I could take all you suns-a-bitches out!  I'm one of the Red's!  Toughest gang around these parts.  I was trained personally!"

Some old man humors the drunk loon, "You were personally trained by who?"

"Why Reddrick of course!  I'm his top pupa... pupie... student he says!  None of you guys could match my fists!"

A young man with red hair walks up to the Red, "Your fists you say?  Well, isn't that something!  I just so happen to have it on good faith that Reddrick is a swordsman."

The drunk man doesn't miss a step, "Doesn't mean he don't know how to fight any other way!  Reddrick's the best fist fighter this side of the Tantalan border!"

The young man looks angry at being rebuffed, and says, "Yeah!  Well why don't you put your money where your mouth is?"

So the drunk did just that.  Or rather, he put his money where the young man's mouth is.  And by money I mean fist.

He punched him in the face. 

After that, everything got out of hand.  Curses were hurled, or rather curses and chairs were hurled, and the situation devolved into a regular bar brawl.  Looks like this might get a little dangerous....

"Well, that's something.  Becker must be the real names of this James fellow.  Does the name Becker mean anything to you?  Clearly the three men were going after him... and failed.  We better be ready for a fight if we find him.  Is there anyone your father worked with that may know more?"

Ask, then eitherhead to town and gather information on this James Becker or meet up with her suggestion, if any.

"I've never heard of him... |  This Becker... do you think he's some type of criminal in disguise?  A murderer of some sort who is in a position of great power?  But who could it be?"

You marvel at her ability to fail at logic.

"Anyways, this Becker guy is probably connected my father somehow, and it's right around the time of the kidnapping... I know!  My father and those men went after Becker, and James captured them in the confusion.  Let's go and find this Becker guy, I bet he knows where we could find them!"

Well... it's close enough.  Anyways, you go around town, trying to find out where Becker could be.  |  Well, you find out where Becker is.  Mostly because the armed thug answered "Yes" when you asked him if the warehouse in front of you, littered with a grand sort of more armed thugs, was Becker's Hideout.  There seem to be about ten total enemies.  Fight or flight man.

Now look for a water magic book, preferably centered on offense.

|  You look for a book on offensive water magic.  Too bad all you can find is "Water Magic Around the House:  A Quick Guide to Becoming the Household Mage".

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: He's definitely not looking at Zerus, that's for sure.

Dislocated Left Arm: Any rolls with the left arm are auto fail.

Janna: She doesn't look to thrilled at Thrakor's chances.  |  As a matter of fact, she's running away.  Given it's now 10:1 instead of 5:1, running would certainly help improve Thrakor's station.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  Inside the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:19 pm »

Zerus marveled over the ring before putting it back in its box. He had some claim to it, being the one to discover it and all, but he wasn't a thief.

Examine skeleton on throne further. And traps further. And generally just examine everything further.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:19 pm »

With a quick glance at my commander, I decide to move on my own.

Summon Diminutive Imp to lure the drunk claiming to be one of Reddrick's men out of the inn.

"Commander, I think we should try to capture this hooligan and see if he really knows anything."

(Now, to hope my comrades don't disapprove of demons.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:51 pm »

((Simultaneous posts = I win. :3))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2012, 11:24:04 pm »

((You win this time.  I knew I shouldn't have corrected that comma.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2012, 11:50:55 pm »

Quickly flip though the book, is there anything there that I can use for spells?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2012, 12:16:46 am »

Kira glanced to the side. Then upwards. Then behind Djork...

Admire scenery and sword.

. . .

Having done all she could reasonably think of - the day was young, she decided to make use of her time wisely.

"Well, I don't feel tired at all, nor do my arms or legs feel the pain of harsh training.

"And I don't feel hungry or thirsty either...

"Bring it on, Djork."

Let's do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2012, 06:15:31 am »

Look through my new book for an enchantment to improve my armor's defensiveness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2012, 08:20:58 am »

Well, I had been wanting some combat.  I'm glad I looked back and saw that my useless companion was uselessly running away, otherwise I would have been rather nonplussed when I blasted the first two and got no backup.

Good thing I have a backup plan.

Book it with Janna.  After we're a safe distance, circle back around and get to the back part of the building.

Thrakor pants as he catches up with Janna.  "I can get us in the building through a back wall.  We just need to get behind the building where no one will see us, because it'll take a few minutes."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 24
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »

Turn 24

Zerus marveled over the ring before putting it back in its box. He had some claim to it, being the one to discover it and all, but he wasn't a thief.

Examine skeleton on throne further. And traps further. And generally just examine everything further.

| You put the ring back, and you look at the traps.  You are able to disarm two of the chests with traps, but the third remains locked.  Good thing that the general rules for Archaeological finds in the Archaeological Guild is to have some one more advanced come and take everything back to be donated.  You do get to pick one item that has been determined as safe to keep for yourself, though.

Everything here done, Dorian takes out some type of gem and grabs onto your shoulder.  A white flare surrounds you, but after a minute or so of haze, the flare clears.  You are back in the Archaeological Guild!  Time to go and report your success.

With a quick glance at my commander, I decide to move on my own.

Summon Diminutive Imp to lure the drunk claiming to be one of Reddrick's men out of the inn.

"Commander, I think we should try to capture this hooligan and see if he really knows anything."

(Now, to hope my comrades don't disapprove of demons.)

You try and summon an imp, but nothing happens except for you looking like a fool waving your arms around.  Still, you try and tell your superior your plan, but he has gotten involved in the bar brawl as well.  Someone has some interest in taking you into as well, considering that punch heading at your face!  ((Just in case you don't know how combat works, Morelli, you post your defense of the attack, and then an attack (or action, if you just want to run) of your own)).

((Also, most mages in guilds probably won't disapprove of your skill.  It's the normal citizens you have to worry about.))

Combat Begins Next Round.

Quickly flip though the book, is there anything there that I can use for spells?

There are plenty of spells.  This is the full list:

Bleach Mix
Dry Water
Mop
Fine Mist
Pure Distilled Water
Freshener
Boil
Water Gloves
Massage

Kira glanced to the side. Then upwards. Then behind Djork...

Admire scenery and sword.

. . .

Having done all she could reasonably think of - the day was young, she decided to make use of her time wisely.

"Well, I don't feel tired at all, nor do my arms or legs feel the pain of harsh training.

"And I don't feel hungry or thirsty either...

"Bring it on, Djork."

Let's do this.

"Good."

He smiles, and you don't particularly like that smile.

"Your first assignment is this: Get back here."

You barely have time to be confused before he punches you in the face.  It is a rather strange punch, as you don't feel anything, and you are sent flying, but you don't crash into anything.  You merely go through it.  You idly note that this is probably a spell of some sort.

You fly through the air for a few minutes, having no way of telling which way you are going, since you are looking up at the clouds, before you land in some sort of jungle.  You are strangely unhurt from the flight, but you couldn't care less for circumstance at the moment.

Look through my new book for an enchantment to improve my armor's defensiveness.

There are several permanent enchants for improving defensive qualities:

Elemental Ward (Lvl 2)
Physical Ward (Lvl 1)
Arcane Ward (Lvl 2)
Mental Ward (Lvl 2)
Darkness Ward (Lvl 4)
Light Ward (Lvl 4)

Well, I had been wanting some combat.  I'm glad I looked back and saw that my useless companion was uselessly running away, otherwise I would have been rather nonplussed when I blasted the first two and got no backup.

Good thing I have a backup plan.

Book it with Janna.  After we're a safe distance, circle back around and get to the back part of the building.

Thrakor pants as he catches up with Janna.  "I can get us in the building through a back wall.  We just need to get behind the building where no one will see us, because it'll take a few minutes."

| You quickly get out of there, but two of the thugs manage to follow you.  Looks like you'll have to beat them before you can enact any plan.

Combat Begins Next Round.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Janna: She seems to like these odds much more, and has pulled out a sword that you didn't notice before.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:15 pm »

((Who am I reporting my success to again?))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »

((Who am I reporting my success to again?))

The mission clerk guy.  The ones you get the missions from.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »

Two I can handle.

Arcane Pulse the farther one from me, then Weak Push the closer toward Janna (so she can finish him off.)

Glad these are both mastered.

Also, for my portal spell, do I need line of sight to both the entry points?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:16:45 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »

Report success to mission clerk guy, making particular mention of how I handled the trapped treasure room, explored the throne room beyond, and even detrapped a few chests.

Also mention that I found some kind of cistern with a draining and refilling switch in the previous chamber.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21