Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42830 times)

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 19
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 12:28:03 am »

Here's my character sheet....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for my turn;

Stroll up to the front gate of The Archaeological Guild, check my dagger, smooth my robes, and proceed to knock in two sets of four.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:58:23 am by Morelli »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 02:45:49 pm »

"Obviously," Zerus nodded. "But do you think it's a guarded vault or a shiny trap?"

Examine treasure. Do Not Touch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 04:39:02 pm »

((Dammit. Didn't see the PM or that you had started another one. Just put me at the back.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 20, The Dance Off!
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 05:01:46 pm »

Turn 20

Oh Lawd, Ochita.  You have some explaining to do.

Type things for science:
Help
Commands
List
About
Dir
Format c:\*.*
Move last_spawned 10,10,0
Destroy last_spawned
Spawn Rocketchair
Spawn Portalchair

You type in help, and this pops up on the screen

Code: [Select]
spawn{item}{amount}
wake_up

You type in your other commands, and the chair moves ten spaces right and up, then dissapates.  Then a loveseat with rockets attacked appears, along wth a chair that seems to have a type of barrel at the end of each arm rest, with a blue button on the left and an orange button on the right.

You see the help menu on your screen has increased

Code: [Select]
spawn{item}{amount}
wake_up
move{item}{x,y,z}
destroy{item}

Oh god I've walked into west side story. What do.

Challenge the leader of both gangs to a 3-way dance off. Losers has to stop fighting, and has to get along.
((Your excellent choice has prompted me to give you an auto 5.  Because I simply desire to do this))

| You run into the musical fray, singing "STOOOOP" on a beautiful G.  You start out singing slowly,

"Why can't we all just get along?
This senseless violence is... all wrong!

Can't you feel the love in the air?
The love that permeates everywhere?"

A strong guitar chord hits after your last, and a fast air drum fill reckons the coming of the new tempo.  The guitar starts to play some catchy pop riff, while some doo wop hits the background occasionally.

You start singing again, and the entirety of both gangs burst into perfectly synchronized, unchoreographed dance!  You sing a few verses will moving around and doing pirouettes and shit.  Then an instrumental starts as you and the two gang leaders dance in the middle of circle.  Your excellent movement, perfect moves and ability overwhelm the other two, and you end with a double backflip that lands into a perfect split.

Everything is stock silent for a moment before the gangs burst into thunderous applause.  You then all go dance some more, party, and have a gay orgy.  Hooray.

Thrakor nods.  "I see.  Please- tell me all that you know.  I have already interviewed the wife of one of the other victims, and she said that he was acting completely normal before the disappearance.  The only information that she had was that he was headed to sell some jewelry somewhere in the Black Stone district and perhaps buy her a present at the same time."

"There was no answer at the house of the other victim- perhaps we could check there together later."

She nods and says, "Well, the reason I say I have this case solved is because there is only one who could have done it.  His name is Jack James.  I suspect this is a pseudonym, but I have no clue what his real name is.  Anyways, he's one of the major political players in this city.  My father has been against every single one of his absurd political plays from day one.  Could you let me look at the rest of the people who have been kidnapped?"

You hand her the list, and she examines it.

"Yes, this fits with my theory perfectly!  Janus Dovian and Dell Udagar Jr. were also strong contenders against Jack James.  There won't be anyone at Udagar's house, he had no next of kin.  We should break in to see if we can find any evidence of where Jack has taken them."

Kira perked up at the mention of a reward - not because she would be receiving one or not, but because Djork was actually interested in her after all that had occurred.

"Alright Van, it looks like we'll have to impress the master now. If I could repay you in anyway, tell me in due time."

"My...learning ability? I just watch and try to emulate what happens, or work based on what thoughts come into my mind at the time that seem the most practical.

"And...if we're doing wind spells, isn't a closed room a bad option?"

Inquire

Djork rubs his temples. 

"Just try and learn a spell from the book...."

Stroll up to the front gate of The Archaeological Guild, check my dagger, smooth my robes, and proceed to knock in two sets of four.

You knock on the gate, and a diminutive elf opens the door.

"Leo, correct?  Come with me."

Seeing no issue with following him, you walk behind him as he takes you on the tour (Just read Toaster and Irony Owls turns in the earlier thread).  You are signed up for a bed, and you are now open to take missions, train and use the guild resources in any way you can.

"Obviously," Zerus nodded. "But do you think it's a guarded vault or a shiny trap?"

Examine treasure. Do Not Touch.

He says, "Shiny trap."

You look around the treasury and examine the goods. | You feel a compulsion to touch the treasure, but you instantly fight it off.  There is something definitely wrong with this treasure.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: | He's trying, and failing, to resist the compulsion.  You better save his ass.

Janna: Excited and grinning.  You notice she has a rather beautiful smile.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  Inside the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:04:39 pm by Baradine »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »

((Dammit. Didn't see the PM or that you had started another one. Just put me at the back.))

Sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »

Read that book, try to learn a spell that focuses on transvection, or if not, something related to what I know.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2012, 05:22:21 pm »

Grab Dorian's arms.

"This treasure's giving off some sort of compulsion effect. If we can't fight it off we'll need to leave."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »

I wonder what this button does while I have no body.

wake_up

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:04 pm »

((Whoops. Missed the start with eight points thing. About the waitlist thing, if the guys in front of me don't mind, sure. Just leave me at the back until they post.))

Spoiler: "Cog Anrizkalur" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:04:45 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:41 pm »

((Here we gooooo!))

Spoiler: "Cog Anrizkalur" (click to show/hide)

Edit: Now they're Ok.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:51:54 am by Baradine »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »

Soooo... how come Ochita didn't get the same perk I did?

"Right then.  Let's go."

Head out to the house, but see chat above/below.

On the way, Thrakor has a thought.  "Question, though- how long ago did he go missing?  If this James fellow did something to these three, perhaps he is looking for someone to take a fall?  We need to make sure no one sees us breaking in, in case we get in some serious trouble."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2012, 09:57:48 pm »

"Right then.  Let's go."

On the way, Thrakor has a thought.  "Question, though- how long ago did he go missing?  If this James fellow did something to these three, perhaps he is looking for someone to take a fall?  We need to make sure no one sees us breaking in, in case we get in some serious trouble."

Because I'm trying to think of the proper perk for a Gay Orgy.  Something with rainbows, perhaps?  All kidding aside, I forgot.  I'll probably put it on there.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 01:12:31 am »

((I'll gain very strong flaming magic? Also, sometimes you just cause orgies via the power of dance.))

Satisfied, Ochita swaggers back to the guild, and confidently tells the clerk that the problem is solved. He then goes to the library, and looks up a tome on healing.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

After summoning my fuzzy demon to perch on my shoulder (assuming it is small enough), I head to see if there are any missions that require our attention.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:04:48 pm by Morelli »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 21, The Apprentice
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »

Turn 21

Read that book, try to learn a spell that focuses on transvection, or if not, something related to what I know.

You look through the book quickly, and you find an easy level 0 spell, Air Fist, and try to learn it.

| You quickly learn the spell, but you are a bit shaky on the details.

Djork smiles, and you know you've done something good.  He quickly speaks, "Well then, that settles it.  I was impressed by your ability to take out that Black Mage, but I wanted to test your ability further.  This only proves to me you're worthy of becoming my apprentice."

He looks you straight in the eyes, and says, "Kira Talneris, will you accept my offer, and enter into the pact of apprenticeship?"

You learn the spell Air Fist!  It is a level 0 Complexo Ventus spell, that allows you punch foes at incredibly velocity, making it difficult to dodge. (It's basically the opposite of Air Sphere, +.5 to hit, but no damage bonus).  You gain +3 Air Fist.  You gain +2 to Complexo Ventus.  You gain +1 to Elementus.

Grab Dorian's arms.

"This treasure's giving off some sort of compulsion effect. If we can't fight it off we'll need to leave."

| You rip Dorian out of the compulsion, and you explain your actions to him.

He still glares at you, and says, "Yeah, but did you have to pull so hard?"  His arm is dangling uselessly at his side.  You seemed to have pulled it out of it's socket.

I wonder what this button does while I have no body.

wake_up

You type in the command and you "wake up" in a sense.  It's more like you've been teleported to the exact place you fell asleep at.  You better get going to the Mage's Guild.

"Right then.  Let's go."

She answers you quickly, "They disappeared only a few days ago.  I doubt that James is... finished with them yet."  You understand from her disgust that finished might not only mean torture.

The conversation goes silent, and you soon arrive at Udagar's house.  You search for a way in |, and you find out that the back door is unlocked.  Stepping inside, from a quick glance, you can see that the place looks completely unruffled.  You doubt he was kidnapped here.

((I'll gain very strong flaming magic? Also, sometimes you just cause orgies via the power of dance.))

Satisfied, Ochita swaggers back to the guild, and confidently tells the clerk that the problem is solved. He then goes to the library, and looks up a tome on healing.

You go and report your success, and the clerk hands you 10 gold pieces.  You then head to the library, and try to find a book on healing.  |  You find three books, but they are a little... advanced.  Here they are.

The Definitive Guide to Brain Surgery

Appendectomies and Other Complicated Procedures

How to Save a Man From Death

Which one do you wish to read?

After summoning my fuzzy demon to perch on my shoulder (assuming it is small enough), I head to see if there are any missions that require our attention.

|  You easily summon your cute companion, and he easily perches on your shoulder.  Thankfully, everyone takes it for an exotic pet, as people don't take too kindly to demons around these parts.  You walk up to the mission giver, and he | gives you a mission.  It's a little difficult, but he thinks you can handle it.

The mission details are these:

Go to Vergesh.  There is a Brigand there, someone who is starting to gather a force of outlaws a little too big for Tantalan's taste.  Your main objective is to kill the ringleader, a man named Reddrick.  You will be accompanied by two others, another Bus Boy, and a Grave Digger, the rank above yours.  The Grave Digger will the commander for this mission.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: He's still glaring at you for dislocating his arm

Dislocated Left Arm: Any rolls with the left arm are auto fail.

Janna: She is carefully snooping around the house.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  Inside the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

IMPORTANT!!!: I'll be revamping the attribute and combat systems.  They won't be exceptionally big changes, but it will change up gameplay, slightly.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:38:17 pm by Baradine »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21