Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42864 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 18, Delicious Filler
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

((I know he wasn't speaking to me, but wanted to try to initiate something around it.
And in the actual game...I didn't know that.  :P))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 10:29:42 pm »

Ochita thought for a moment, and then nodded "Well, I'll accept it."

Accept the mission, and go to the disturbance.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »

Could I get an action from Nirur Torir, Toaster and kisame12794?  I would certainly appreciate it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »

Try to create a new path, focusing on Thrakor.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:12:29 am by Nirur Torir »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 11:13:50 pm »

Nirur, you know. If you succeed, and manage to get back into the waking world or whatever, you have basically found a way to kinda teleport large distances. So, uh. Good luck.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »

This is one of the last hints I'll give out.  After round 30, I probably won't tell you too much at all, unless you precisely ask.  If it's something you guys haven't heard about at all, I'll be pretty vague too.

Dream magic doesn't work that way.  Investigate the plane in the middle of clearing.  That's the key.

Also, Thrakor is in the Archaeological guild.  You're in the Mages Guild.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 06:14:47 am »

I thought we were both in the same university, and that that was the guild. I have no idea why I didn't check mine or finish reading the line.

Examine the plane. Test out whether or not I can still spawn things freely.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:48 am »

Thrakor looks her in the eye.

"Ma'am, I would be more than willing to assist you in your search.  Three innocent people have gone missing- if we are able to find your father, we will be able to rescue two others as well.  I will be searching for them- and your father- regardless of if we work together.   We should join together instead of going our separate ways."

"If you do not wish to work together, I ask that you at least tell me what you know to help locate the others."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

I'm holding out till 6 or 7 to do the roll.  If Morelli can post before kisame12794, I'll let him do it instead.  If neither post, Morelli will have a turn to post, then I'll move on to antlion12 if Morelli doesn't post, and keep going in that fashion.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 19
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »

Turn 19

(((Is the tome based on a latin idea on the wind? In Aere Aedificare:P)))

"Alright."

No mission, then? D:

Follow Djork. Converse with Van.

"So... he invented that spell, right? That means it's possible to invent spells. How dangerous is it, or...is it possible to deviate from the known procedures?"((I changed your speech a bit so it's logically coherent.))

You follow Djork down the hallway whilst conversing telepathically with Van.

"It is possible to invent spells.  Otherwise, that much should be obvious since spells are here in the first place.  For an inexperienced practitioner of magic, such as yourself, creating spells would not only be very dangerous, but also very hard to do.  However, I can help you in this process, being a wind spirit and all.  As for your other question, I do not know anything about any mortal spell crafting techniques.  I do have my own, but I don't think that mortals have reproduced it.  However, regardless of whatever I have said, I don't think it would be a good idea to start crafting spells until you are a bit more skilled in magic.  Whatever you decide to do, though, I will help you in it."

Your conversation with Van consumes your time, so you are barely finished when Djork instructs you to sit down on a chair in the room you have followed him too.  He sits down as well, and begins to speak.

"I have noticed your spell tome.  I am... interested in why they gave you a tome so quickly.  As you may have noticed, I am also a Wind Mage.  Perhaps if you show me your learning ability, I could be persuaded into giving you a reward."

"Sorry! Not normally this, er... predicament-prone, I suppose. Still curious where that water drains to, though!"

Follow Dorian.

You follow Dorian up the rope, and you notice he has already found the way to another room.  You follow him down the hallway, and you come into a great hallway, filled with treasure.  Dorian instantly warns you, "Don't touch anything.  It may be booby trapped." 

There seems to be another door at the end of the hallway.

Ochita thought for a moment, and then nodded "Well, I'll accept it."

Accept the mission, and go to the disturbance.

"Very well.  We have reports that there will be a little showdown between two of the smaller gangs in this city.  You are to stop it.  The showdown is supposed to be below the Waterhaven bridge."

You turn to go, but the clerk says something else, "Oh yeah, one of the gangs is called the Jets, whatever that means.  Just saying to make sure you get the right gang."

So you go to the Waterhaven bridge, and sure enough, there are two gangs posturing and doing what seems to be some time of musical number.  How will you stop them?

I thought we were both in the same university, and that that was the guild. I have no idea why I didn't check mine or finish reading the line.

Examine the plane. Test out whether or not I can still spawn things freely.

You pick up the floating plane, and it seems to be some type of magical type writer, as there is a section on the screen for inputting letters.  Testing out a theory, you type in "Spawn Chair".  And what would you know, a chair appears right beside you.  | You surmise that this is some type of fairy Chair creating device.  It's the only logical answer.

Thrakor looks her in the eye.

"Ma'am, I would be more than willing to assist you in your search.  Three innocent people have gone missing- if we are able to find your father, we will be able to rescue two others as well.  I will be searching for them- and your father- regardless of if we work together.   We should join together instead of going our separate ways."

"If you do not wish to work together, I ask that you at least tell me what you know to help locate the others."

She eyes you, as if searching out deceit.  Finally, she sighs and says, "Fine.  If I can't stop you, then I can at least keep you in check from doing damage.  My name Janna, by the way."

She looks at you nervously for a bit, and then says, "I... wasn't exactly telling the truth when I said I had this case figured out.  It's more like I have a good idea of who did it, even though I don't have any evidence."

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: Walking around, looking at the treasure.

Janna: Looking at Thrakor, as if trying to gauge his reaction.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Well, kisame didn't post, so it's now Morelli's turn to see if he can get a post in before Turn 20.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 07:29:15 pm »

Type things for science:
Help
Commands
List
About
Dir
Format c:\*.*
Move last_spawned 10,10,0
Destroy last_spawned
Spawn Rocketchair
Spawn Portalchair

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »

Type things for science:
Help
Commands
List
About
Dir
Format c:\*.*
Move last_spawned 10,10,0
Destroy last_spawned
Spawn Rocketchair
Spawn Portalchair

I am glad I at least know a bit of code and computer lingo, otherwise I'd be fumbling about.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »

Oh god I've walked into west side story. What do.

Challenge the leader of both gangs to a 3-way dance off. Losers has to stop fighting, and has to get along.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 09:09:46 pm »

Thrakor nods.  "I see.  Please- tell me all that you know.  I have already interviewed the wife of one of the other victims, and she said that he was acting completely normal before the disappearance.  The only information that she had was that he was headed to sell some jewelry somewhere in the Black Stone district and perhaps buy her a present at the same time."

"There was no answer at the house of the other victim- perhaps we could check there together later."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:20 pm »

Kira perked up at the mention of a reward - not because she would be receiving one or not, but because Djork was actually interested in her after all that had occurred.

"Alright Van, it looks like we'll have to impress the master now. If I could repay you in anyway, tell me in due time."

"My...learning ability? I just watch and try to emulate what happens, or work based on what thoughts come into my mind at the time that seem the most practical.

"And...if we're doing wind spells, isn't a closed room a bad option?"

Inquire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21