Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello Again  (Read 758 times)

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hello Again
« on: July 20, 2012, 01:25:57 am »

So, took a several month hiatus, want to get back into the game (haven't played since 3.2). Can anybody fill me in on the major updates, as well as details on vampires/minecarts (that the wiki doesn't have answers for).

how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Again
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:00:24 am »

Not really, cause I'm quite new...

Sorry :p
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:01:09 am »

weight affects hauling, and stone makes 4 stone blocks
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 02:37:12 am »

uh... Lots of stuff. Heres one, when you order a sqaud to kill someone, after they die it stops.

Dwarves no longer do the "I'm walled myself off" thing, now it's "I'm standing in the way of construction", but it appears less often.

Only 2 off the top of my head.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:38:24 am »

...3.2?

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:55:43 am »

Vampires drink blood. Minecarts..........crash.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:45 am »

Vampires drink blood.  Minecarts drink blood too.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »

Dwarves can drink vampire blood, if you do thing right.

Dwarves can build walls at a diagonal, and don't walk to the west/north side if they are already next to it, but sometimes stand on the tile instead (workaround is to cancel and redesignate with a different resource).

Kill orders actually end with the target has been eliminated (troops don't stand around admiring the body any more).

Minecarts can be used to shotgun their contents through fortifications.  They can also fly through fortifications if already airborne.

Falling objects do damage, mostly based on their mass (reports of seeds causing fatal head injuries exist, as do reports of clumsy dwarves slipping on stairs and dropping the log they are carrying on their own livers).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 10:45:29 am »

weight affects hauling, and stone makes 4 stone blocks
So thats why I have copper out the ass....
The magma smelter doesn't help...