Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15426 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 13
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »

Turn 13

Before I fight, can I get a mini-turn, and just telling me what weapons everybody has?

Like, the four other guys. After that, for my main turn:

Shoot five shots at the enemy closest to me, and tell the other two guys on my side to rush the one that I'm not shooting at.

Hey, 3v2 isn't bad, even with "Weaker" guys.

[5]  You issue your orders, and they run off to attack the other man fervently.  You then pull out your slingshot [5] and fire off 5 unerring shots straight at the mans head. [4+1][2]  He dodges two of the bullets, but one completely rips his nose off, another manages to go through his mouth breaking his jaw, with the last plowing straight into forehead.  The entry wound is fairly small, but the back of his head explodes outwards, coating the wall in grey matter.

Ally 1: [6] He swings his machete so hard at the other man that his machete goes flying!  [4][1] The blade careens directly into the other mans heart, killing him near instantly.

"Congratulations!  You have completed this round!  You will all be awarded 600 credits!  Special mention goes to: Belnor, for organizing and perfectly executing a brutal attack.  +150 credits!"

You gain +2 to Ranged Weapons.  You gain +1 to Int.

((I highly recommend talking to Deltorran now that you have completed two matches.  It will be very much worth your while.))

Sera blinked. This was... interesting.

"...does it use electricity?" she finally asked.

"No."

((PM me your questions so this can go a bit faster.))

((Hang on, when you say 'translated him to you', do you simply mean he did the same to me as I wanted to do to him, or have we been magically body-swapped? Also, my painkillers remove a -1 due to injury... Would that include the -1 to defence from a broken arm? 8) ))

>If I am still in my body and the painkiller wouldn't work for that, well I need to get the first strike since -1 to defence. Get first strike IN THE FACE.

'Agh! That... Bastard! I was trying to take him alive! No gratitude, is there. Teach me for trying to be merciful!'

| You swing at his head with a surprising amount of ferocity. || His cranium offers no resistance as you cleave in two.  He falls to the floor, with the other half of his brains toppling out of his now half a head.

You gain +3 to Edged Weapons.  You gain +.6 to Dexterity.

| You easily remember which way you came, and you get to the end in no time, trophy and left arm in hand.

"Congratulations!  You have completed your first challenge.  You get 550 credits!"

Attack the Rhinoman while he is confused.

| You quickly take advantage of the Rhinoman's confusion, and you attack!  || You instantly realize that cutting through it's neck wouldn't solve anything, so you quickly plunge your shortsword into it's eye.  It instantly falls over, dead.

+3 to Edged Weapons.  +1 to Int.

"Congratulations on defeating your opponent!  You will get 650 credits!"

((I give you the same advice as Caerwyn.  Go to Deltorran.))

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:15:56 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »

Talk to Deltorran, things are looking pretty good! Also, along the way, refill my slingshot munitions. Sell that machete, and get a Shortsword! Or, if the machete can't be sold, save it for future !!SCIENCE!! (And if I bump into my team-mates from that fight, congratulate them.)

Wow. Those were some...AMAZING rolls. Wow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:13:17 pm by Caerwyn »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »

Krokus felt a bit dazed as he walked out, less an arm and with a trophy.
This was all very strange. He still hadn't woken up, so he finally decided just to treat this as real.
'Pretty sure it can't possibly be real, but might as well act like it is. Just... In case.'

Nodding to himself, Krokus headed back out to the common area to track down that fellow he'd spoken with earlier. He'd promised to give Krokus some advice, and the latter saw no harm in hearing just what it was. Even if this was a dream.

>Head out and find that Kird Onassi guy, show him my trophy.

>On the way, see if I can 'lucid dream' myself some wings, or something. Just incase it is a dream.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »

Mcclay goes to talk to Deltorran but one the way there he buys a JTKL4 "Sammy"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2012, 08:22:56 pm »

This was all very strange. He still hadn't woken up, so he finally decided just to treat this as real.
'Pretty sure it can't possibly be real, but might as well act like it is. Just... In case.'

Nodding to himself, Krokus headed back out to the common area to track down that fellow he'd spoken with earlier. He'd promised to give Krokus some advice, and the latter saw no harm in hearing just what it was. Even if this was a dream.

>On the way, see if I can 'lucid dream' myself some wings, or something. Just incase it is a dream.

You have your arm back. 

General rule of thumb for lost limbs is if you can get a win within 5-7 turns, you get to keep that limb.  Any longer and it's gone.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 14, The Big Reveal
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

Turn 14

Talk to Deltorran, things are looking pretty good! Also, along the way, refill my slingshot munitions. Sell that machete, and get a Shortsword! Or, if the machete can't be sold, save it for future !!SCIENCE!! (And if I bump into my team-mates from that fight, congratulate them.)

Wow. Those were some...AMAZING rolls. Wow.

Mcclay goes to talk to Deltorran but one the way there he buys a JTKL4 "Sammy"

Belnor buys a pack of slingshot bullets and a shortsword, whilst Mcclay buys a JTKL4.

You both get to Deltorran at the same time.

"So, you both completed your second round already, eh?  That's good.  Maybe you guys will be able to be able to beat this game.  But you're not here for my praise, are you?  You're here so I can teach you something, and oh boy, is it a doozy.  Follow me," Says Deltorran as he begins to walk to the off limits training area.

"This area is considered off limits unless you fulfill two criteria: Complete Round Two, and have someone invite you in.  You guys have already beaten your second round, so all that's left is for me to indoctrinate you."

Deltorran turns to the entrance of the training ground and says, "Deltorran with Belnor and Mcclay.  Newbie Training Area."

A light swirls around you for an instant, and you are soon standing in a pure white room, the only occupants being yourselves and Deltorran.  Well, it's almost pure white.  There are two stainless steel structures which are across from each other.

He turns toward you and says, "This is the Newbie Training Ground, where we teach all the rookies a special skill.  Usually, when you want to go to the training grounds, you would either say "Training Grounds" or "Personal Training Grounds", if you don't want anyone to disturb you.  But today, I'm gotta teach you guys something that requires this special area.

"First off are the general rules and special abilities of the Training Ground.  First:  It is impossible to die in the training area.  Even if you were demolecularized, you will still come back together, instantly.  Second, don't attack other people without their express consent.  Violation of this rule will result in a ten day ban.  And thirdly, be courteous.  There isn't really a punishment, except for extreme cases, but being a jackass will not get you friends.  That's all there is for that.

"And now, here is the main course.  This'll really blow you guys away, trust me."

He sticks out his hand, parallel to floor, with his palms facing up.  He seems to glow for a second, and then a brilliant blue light appears above his palm.

"This," He says, whilst manipulating the blue ball," is Protofusion.  That's the name of the process forming this substance, Protohydrofiliate, commonly called Prohyfi ( Protohydrofiliate, it's pronounced like Pro-e-fi, with no emphasis on any syllable, just said straight, and quickly.)  Protofusion is the strange process of taking apart, and then ramming back together in a different way, Protofilihydrate, a substance that is everywhere in the galaxy.   Protofilihydrate is unique in that it can be consciously controlled by brain waves.  It is a strange substance, and it's only use has been converting it to Prohyfi, a much stronger, but not naturally occurring substance that can also be controlled by brain waves.

"Prohyfi is a rather strange substance in the way that it can be manipulated into most anything.  It can be excited to an extreme level and shot out like a plasma-like beam, it can be used as a powerful bolster your physical abilities, hell, even some really powerful users of Prohyfi can use it to change the atoms of one thing into another!  Some people can use Prohyfi to create heat and electricity, and there are some people you can even manipulate photons to do their bidding.

"One of the most important things about Prohyfi is it's color.  You see how mine is blue?  That states how I'm a generalist, I don't particularly specialize in one area of Protofusion.  Prohyfi can be any color on the visible spectrum... well almost.  You see, it can't be black and white.  That's because those are two advanced substances of Prohyfi, which have a proper name that is so long, no one remembers them.  So everyone just calls them Black or White Prohyfi.  Now these substances are significantly more powerful than their normal counterparts, but are much harder to control.  They also have a few differences.  Black Prohyfi is extremely potent, but also very slow, compared to White Prohyfi, which is very fast, but weaker.  Of course each of them is much faster and more powerful than their normal counterparts."

He walks up to one of the steel machines, and presses a few buttons.

"This is where we will be testing out the color of your Prohyfi.  Belnor, you're up first."

Belnor walks up to the machine, and Deltorran grabs his hands, placing them on the flat of the machine.  A great red light glows above the machine.

"Red, huh?  Red's very much oriented towards offense.  You may find your Prohyfi to be a bit slower, but it packs a bigger punch.  You probably have some fire manipulation abilities as well.  We'll check that later, but for now, Mcclays up next."

He walks up and does the same thing.  A dark green light appears.

"Green is also fairly generalist, but with a bit more emphasis on defense.  Okay, next is to see if your Prohyfi has any inherent special properties."

He takes you over to the other machine.

Belnor goes up first.  | A burst of flame appers above the machine.

"Looks like Fire Manipulation will be no problem for you," Deltorran says.

Mcclay is up next | and a faint wisp of green pops up.

"Well, it's pretty weak, but you have some healing capabilites.  That should be useful.  Anyways, that's all.  You can practice in here for as long as you like, but remember to go to the other arenas if you want to come again.  If you want to leave, one must only say Exit Area."

And so he was gone.

Belnor and Mcclay have learned of Protofusion!

Belnor:  +4 to Protofusion!  +2 to Energy Protofusion.  +2 to Body Protofusion.  +3 to Fire Protofusion.

Mcclay:  +4 to Protofusion!  +2 to Body Protofusion!  +1 to Energy Protofusion!  +1 to Mind Protofusion!  +1 to Healing Protofusion!

Congratulations!  Your knowledge of Protofusion allows you surpass human limits!  You may now advance your stats up to Max + Protofusion Skill!

((Welp, here's the big reveal.  Using your Prohyfi is fairly simple.  Simply state something, anything, that you want to do with your Prohyfi and you will attempt to do it.  However, remember your skill level and attributes.  Creating a "Spirit Bomb" will be out of your league for some time to come.  You are absolutely forbidden to talk to anyone about Protofusion if they don't know about it and haven't completed the criteria.  You can now see the fourth Padoga that Belnor found earlier as well.  It sells Protofusion Weapons and Goods.))

You walk over to Kird, whilst you try and grow some wings.  It doesn't happen.

"You beat your fist round?  Good job!  Quite a few people die on the first round, so that makes you better than most.  Anyways, all I can tell you is this:  There is a special... power that people use in this arena.  I rather unfortunately cannot tell until you have completed your second round in the arena.  However, after that I promise I'll tell everything I know about this special power."

#8: "Would it hurt me to touch it?"

#9: "Is it bigger than a small moon?"

Yes and no.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »

Visit the Protofusion shop, and see what it has in stock. Of course, thank Deltorran profusely. (I don't even know what profusely means...) Then, head into a corner, and try to practice with my Prohyfi, to boost my physical strength a bit.

That...Was unexpected. And really, really fucking cool.

Edit: Do we get a 100% refund on sold things? Really sad that I wasted credits on a shortsword. Who knows what sweet loot is in the Protofusion shop?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2012, 10:34:48 pm »

((do we have to hold this thing if we want to use it or can I trans form it into a halo or something and still use its powers?))
Thank the Intsructor before heading off to see the new shop. He then signs up for a group event.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2012, 10:44:27 pm »

((do we have to hold this thing if we want to use it or can I trans form it into a halo or something and still use its powers?))
Thank the Intsructor before heading off to see the new shop. He then signs up for a group event.

Prohyfi?  You just will it, or whatever.  It's all around you, and you have been given the ability to use it, without any sort of tool.

Visit the Protofusion shop, and see what it has in stock. Of course, thank Deltorran profusely. (I don't even know what profusely means...) Then, head into a corner, and try to practice with my Prohyfi, to boost my physical strength a bit.

Edit: Do we get a 100% refund on sold things? Really sad that I wasted credits on a shortsword. Who knows what sweet loot is in the Protofusion shop?

Well, you haven't used it, so you could probably sell it back.  As for how much you get back... that'll probably depend on the roll.

Oh, and profusely, in basic terms, means "a lot".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:46:56 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »

Hey, cool, thanks. I used to read novels all the time as a kid, and I still have words in my head that I've not a single clue what they mean.

Can't wait to see them phat lewts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:12 am »

Krokus stared at the four-armed man, expectantly waiting for him to continue. When it became apparent he was finished speaking, the big man's eyebrows came together in a bushy frown. "That's it?" He was somewhat incredulous.
"That is what you meant when you said 'tell me everything you know after I finished a fight'?! I could of finished a second match by now!"

Krokus was getting a bit worked up, but he checked himself and took a few calming breaths before continuing, in his usual gruff tone.
"Right. Well. See you then, Kird."

He turned, still seething inwardly and lumbered off towards the armory, glaring at anyone he passed to amuse himself.
>Head to armory.
>Check if there's anything higher-level available than the long/shortsword in melee weapons
>If not, buy a shortsword and a shot of adrenaline.

>Then stride over to the arena proper and enter another challenge. Whatever's available.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »

(I'm back!)

Jonny punches his head (lightly, don't roll for pain. I know a few mean GM's that would :P), and apologised profusely. ''That we did! I'm sorry, I plain forgot. Got caught up in getting the new equipment, besides covering for my teammates in the first round. I couldn't believe what we faced. I think it was another competitor, but talk about never dying!''
Jonny quickly accepts the training.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2012, 01:58:11 am »

Turn will be coming in the morning.

So 11ish.  (Twelve for the board.)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 15
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

Turn 15

You enter the shop.  Here is the list of available items.

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)

It is a rather small pagoda, so the item selection is small.

You have the same selection as above.  You sign up for an even with Yoink.

Krokus stared at the four-armed man, expectantly waiting for him to continue. When it became apparent he was finished speaking, the big man's eyebrows came together in a bushy frown. "That's it?" He was somewhat incredulous.
"That is what you meant when you said 'tell me everything you know after I finished a fight'?! I could of finished a second match by now!"

Krokus was getting a bit worked up, but he checked himself and took a few calming breaths before continuing, in his usual gruff tone.
"Right. Well. See you then, Kird."

He turned, still seething inwardly and lumbered off towards the armory, glaring at anyone he passed to amuse himself.
>Head to armory.
>Check if there's anything higher-level available than the long/shortsword in melee weapons
>If not, buy a shortsword and a shot of adrenaline.

>Then stride over to the arena proper and enter another challenge. Whatever's available.

There is nothing you could afford, so you buy your stuff.

You then enter a group challenge with Mcclay.  You are both thrown into a jungle, and the announcer speaks up.

"Hello!  Today, we have a longer tournament for you today!  Our contestants will have to survive in this jungle for a full week if they want to complete this challenge.  There will be challenges of food, lethal animals and of course... themselves.  As a hint, there are a total of ten of you in here, each grouped in two."

(I'm back!)

Jonny punches his head (lightly, don't roll for pain. I know a few mean GM's that would :P), and apologised profusely. ''That we did! I'm sorry, I plain forgot. Got caught up in getting the new equipment, besides covering for my teammates in the first round. I couldn't believe what we faced. I think it was another competitor, but talk about never dying!''
Jonny quickly accepts the training.

"Oh really?  Well, you better hope you don't come across another one of those for a little while.  Anyways, here's what we're going to do..."

He works on your Strength and Endurance a bit, along with some mind games to help you resist some of the more nasty effects in the tournament.

You gain +1 to Strength Endurance and Will!

#11: "Is it cold?

No.

[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 15
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2012, 08:27:33 pm »

Look for food.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14