Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15440 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 9
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:04 pm »

Volunteer for the next challenge!

Solo or group?
Either way works. Uh. Do they take a contestant's skills into account when deciding the challenges?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »

Mcclay goes to get his arm put back on.

It's already reattached.  You get healed every time you complete the match.  Which means, if you can survive a match, you'll most likely be able to go on without any debilitating injury.

Solo or group?
Either way works. Uh. Do they take a contestant's skills into account when deciding the challenges?

Very much so, yes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »

((Hrm. I know what it is, of course, but I'm not sure that Krokus would work it out so quickly. I'd rather not meta, but then at the same time I'm holding everyone else up from entering certain events! What a dilemma. :-\))

This one had Krokus stumped. He frowned, rubbed at his hairy jaw with his spare hand, squinting in concentration.
'A small creature that lives in a house. And sometimes helps people select. Hmm. Not a dog, is it? Maybe a seeing-eye dog?'
He wasn't too sure about that answer, though. He rocked back and forth on his heels, then sighed and gave it a shot, tensing up as he awaited the creature's reaction incase he was wrong.
>Think for a while, then try the most likely answer I can think of.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

((Hrm. I know what it is, of course, but I'm not sure that Krokus would work it out so quickly. I'd rather not meta, but then at the same time I'm holding everyone else up from entering certain events! What a dilemma. :-\))

This one had Krokus stumped. He frowned, rubbed at his hairy jaw with his spare hand, squinting in concentration.
'A small creature that lives in a house. And sometimes helps people select. Hmm. Not a dog, is it? Maybe a seeing-eye dog?'
He wasn't too sure about that answer, though. He rocked back and forth on his heels, then sighed and gave it a shot, tensing up as he awaited the creature's reaction incase he was wrong.

Well, you're not holding up anyone anymore, because I changed the rules a bit.  Still, I can just do an int roll, if that's what you want.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »

((May as well! I wouldn't expect Krokus to get this one on his first attempt.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »

''Phew!'' Jonny sighed one of relief. ''Seems like I'm not longer in pai-... frick.'' Jonny noticed his hair was still gone. ''That just figures.'' He grumbles.

Jonny goes to the armoury and purchases a 678. Assuming that it doesn't weight him down, he keeps the .22 and the ammo for it as back-up.
He then volunteers for the next challenge, whether grouped or solo.

(Reason for edit: Correcting horrific grammar. Must proof-read before posting.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:00:26 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2012, 08:50:35 pm »

Purchase:

3x Painkillers (60 Credits)
2x Flashbang (240 Credits)
1x Machete (120 Credits)

80 credits remaining.

Additionally, fashion a pair of flash-resistant goggles from my junk. Try and make them good. Plus, if I can squeeze in the time, register for a Solo match.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:52:29 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 10
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:46 am »

Turn 10

You are quickly entered into | a solo challenge!

You enter the arena, and you are quickly transported into a small room.  There is a table with two chairs in the middle, and there is an actually human being sitting there with a gun in his hand.  Before you can take in anything else, the announcer blares over the intercom.

"Welcome to the Ceclasian Tournament!  We have something special for you guys today.  Instead of bloodshed and death we have... a game of logic," You somehow hear some dissapointed cries, "I know, I know!  However, games like this aren't something you can easily look down upon!  Intrigue is abound, and I might just say it is more thrilling than watching someone locked in mortal combat!

"Now, for specifics.  We will be playing four games today.  I won't tell the contestant the games before she plays them, but I'll give her the general rules for each one.

"Rule number 1:  If you lose a game, a bullet will be added to the gun.  There are already two bullets in the gun.

Rule number 2: If you win a game, a bullet will be taken out of the gun.

Rule number 3:  At the end of the games, there will be one last game, a game of Russian Roulette.  However, there will be only one round of it.  And the gun will only be pointed at you.  If you survive the game of Russian Roulette, you win the match.

Rule number 4: If you cheat at any of the games, the remaining bullets that would have been added by failing will be added to the gun, and you will have to play Roulette right then and there e.g. You win the first one, but cheat on the second, there will be four bullets in the gun.

And that's all folks.  But first, the game!"

Two other men appear in the room.

"These two men are identical twins.  One of them is named Larry, the other is named Jerry.  You must find out which is which.  Now there are some other stipulations to this game.

First, Jerry likes cars, and so does Larry.  However, Jerry does not like Ferrari's, while Larry does.

Second, Jerry doesn't like paintings, while Larry does.

Third, Larry likes meat, but not chicken, While Jerry does.

Fourth, Jerry likes Larry, but Larry doesn't care.

Fifth, Neither of them will talk about anything they like or dislike."

Mcclay goes and signs up for a solo challenge. He then buys a shortsword to pair with his pistol.

You buy your shortsword, and sign up for a challenge.

You enter into the arena, but your pistol is quickly taken away from you.  You try and call out, but you are quickly pushed in.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time we go back to the basics!  These two men will duke it out with nothing but the melee weapons the have on them!  They have both only finished one challenge, so it should be fair."

And fair it is not.  Standing across from you is a Rhinoman.   It holds no weapon, as it doesn't have the fingers to grasp it.  You don't really think it could speak either.  Your arena, as you look about it, is like the standard ones you have seen in Roman texts.  Just a circular arena. 

|  You go out on a hunch. 

"Is it... a mouse?"

The creature stares at you for a bit, and you think you have failed the question.  However, it sighs and says, "You may pass."

An announcer rings out, "Congratulations, you have beaten the sixth challenge!  You may continue."

There are two exits, one to the left and one straight forward.

You gain +1 to Intelligence!

''Phew!'' Jonny sighed one of relief. ''Seems like I'm not longer in pai-... frick.'' Jonny noticed his hair was still gone. ''That just figures.'' He grumbles.

Jonny goes to the armoury and purchases a 678. Assuming that it doesn't weight him down, he keeps the .22 and the ammo for it as back-up.
He then volunteers for the next challenge, whether grouped or solo.

(Reason for edit: Correcting horrific grammar. Must proof-read before posting.)

You try and sign up for a group match, but Drake stops you.

"Hey, weren't we going to get some training in?"

Purchase:

3x Painkillers (60 Credits)
2x Flashbang (240 Credits)
1x Machete (120 Credits)

80 credits remaining.

Additionally, fashion a pair of flash-resistant goggles from my junk. Try and make them good. Plus, if I can squeeze in the time, register for a Solo match.

You buy your stuff, and you try and create a pair of flash-resistant goggles from the bundles of junk you have stored in your room.

[4]  Well, you manage to make a pair of goggles, but they certainly aren't flash resistant.  You can improve them further however.  Specifics may be required, though.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2012, 11:23:39 am »

"fuck"

Mcclay waits for the Rhinoman to make the first move, preparing to jump out of the way and slash if it charges at him.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:31 am »

Well, I honestly have no idea what to use or how to reinforce the goggles. I was just hoping to go by magical RTD crafting abilities, to be honest. If I can't just try and reinforce them, I guess I'll just sign up for a solo match...AND NOT A LOGICAL ONE. Fuck that.

Well, so much for my cool plan, heh. Plus, please, not some logic thing. I'm not very smart.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2012, 11:53:01 am »

Given that you're physically in top human condition, I would think that they would throw you in something like Mcclay's match.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »

Krokus rose and nodded respectfully to the creature, his expression neutral as he headed for the left path.
>Go left! Machete at the ready and all that!

'Ah, a mouse. Been such a very long time since I've used one of those. I wonder if they even still use them, these days? They probably plug the computers straight into their brains, by now.'
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2012, 05:30:10 pm »

Sera cleared her throat, pondering the challenge.

Liked cars, didn't like cars... neither of them would talk about anything they liked or disliked, so that much was just fluff; the only relevant parts had to be the ones one cared about and the other didn't. The wording on meat was strange- did it mean Jerry liked chicken but not meat in general? If so, that was a clue. If not, worthless.

The most obvious one, of course, was that Jerry liked Larry but Larry "didn't care." About Jerry, or about Larry liking him? Hm.

"So," she finally said to the two men. "Could you tell me about chicken, Jerry, and Larry?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »

I can't believe I missed this.

Requesting Waitlist.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »

Accepted.

I just remembered that Maxinum asked me skip him.  Turn'll be up in a bit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:27:48 pm by Baradine »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14