Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15491 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 6
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 09:09:53 pm »

"Agh." Krokus gritted his teeth, scanning the paths ahead. 'They say always taking the left path is supposed to help with mazes. I really wouldn't know, but it's worth a shot.'

>Try again, this time always taking the left path whenever I reach an intersection.

'...What did that voice mean by "challenge one", anyway? I suppose it was the tiger. At least... I was supposed to kill it. Still a pity, though.'

Well, you weren't supposed to kill it, per se.  You were simply supposed to get past it.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 7
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »

Turn 7

"OR MAYBE WE COULD BE REASONABLE ABOUT THIS!" Sera yelled, rushing at him with a machete raised over her head.

Try diplomacy. Also hackings to the legs.
SHOOT HIM WHILE HE IS DOWN!!!11!!
''Ow...'' Jonny feels the cut on his shoulder. ''Oh, that can't be good.'' He winces, before quickly taking up position as this... thing seemed intent on himself. He sees the woman shout and attack. ''We come in peace, shoot to kill, right?'' He smiled, lifting his weapon and firing with all his might to finish this.

You all attack at once!  Although, Sera does attack later, using her machete and all.

Mcclay: [4] Your aim is a bit off, and the bullet doesn't quite go the way you wanted it to. [2-2][4]  However, when it tries to dodge, it only reposition itself right in front of the bullet.  It pierces his heart.  Or at least where you think the heart should be, as he is getting up and being generally not dead.

Jonny: [6-1]  You shoot, and the bullet goes in a straight line.  Well, sort of.  It actually goes in a upward curve, as per the tragectory of - you get the point.  You still shoot straight at his head, though.[1-2][6]  The bullet shoots through his brain, tearing out a large hole in his head.  You are fairly certain that his brain is decimated.  That doesn't stop him from trying to get up, though.

Sera: [3] You hit him in the legs... but you manage to slice at him with the blunt side of the machete.  Oops. [3][5-1] You still manage to crack a bone though, so that's a plus.  However, you slightly begin to regret getting close to him, as he manages to stand up with two rather gaping holes in his chest and head.

Uh...Can...Can anybody help wake me up?

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Otherwise...Attempt to wake up using the power deep inside me!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[1-2=2, failguard]  You don't call to your inner power.  You do manage to call your girlfriend in time to tell her that you love- oh that's right.  You didn't have a girlfriend.  Sorry.

"Agh." Krokus gritted his teeth, scanning the paths ahead. 'They say always taking the left path is supposed to help with mazes. I really wouldn't know, but it's worth a shot.'

>Try again, this time always taking the left path whenever I reach an intersection.

'...What did that voice mean by "challenge one", anyway? I suppose it was the tiger. At least... I was supposed to kill it. Still a pity, though.'

You go to the left [5], and you arrive at a small clearing with a Gigantic... Alien Cat blocking the passage.  It kind of looks like a panther, but it has mushrooms and other fungi growing off of it.  It looks at you and speaks, "You may either try and defeat me in single combat, or answer two of my riddles to pass.  You may go back, but you will lose all progress you have made from the first challenge to here."

You feel that would be a bad thing, as you guess you are about halfway to the middle.

Enemy NPC's

Tentacle Man: The thing- as it can only be described as a thing now- roars, losing all capacity for speech.  It opens its mouth, and seems to gather some type of invisible substance in it's mouth.

[5] The substance may be semi-invisible, but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous.  The near translucent substance blasts at all of you!

Belnor: [6-2] You manage to wake up, but only in time for something to crash into you.  It doesn't manage to hit you full on, but you think it cracked on of your ribs (-1 to rolls because of pain).

Sera: [6] You completely dodge it, managing to contort yourself with your flexible, female body.  Or not quite that flexible, as you think you sprained a muscle (1/3 to -1 for 4 turns)

Jonny: [6... I'm seriously rolling an actual die] You stand firm, and you withstand the blast... sort of.  You are burnt a bit, and you don't seem to have any hair anymore.  (-1 to rolls because of pain from burns)

Mcclay: [2]  You don't manage to dodge or brace your self, and the blast rips your left arm off!  Well, your left forearm, but it's still a pretty big deal. (Most rolls with the left arm are auto fail, all others get a -2)

Useless Left Arm:  Any rolls with the left arm auto fail.

Severed Lower Left Leg: Movement should be impaired, but the strange glowing seems to have made up the difference.

Perforated Heart: It is possible to survive from a severe heart wound, for a minute at least.

Lobotomized:  This, however, is ridiculous.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:09:54 am by Baradine »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »

"YOU SHOULD REALLY GIVE UP!" Sera yelled, obviously disturbed as she hacked at his arms.

Hack arms with diplomacy!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:18 pm »

Mcclay grabs the forearm and takes off any fabric on it. He ties said fabric into a rope and attempts to tie the arm back on.

((Using a Kindle momentarily sono bolding this turn.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:37 am »

Take the painkillers for the cracked ribs, and start shooting the bastard! Anywhere! Everywhere! If he's going to do that mouth thing again, run backwards and hide behind something.

I can take the pills and attack, right...?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2012, 01:39:13 am »

Damn. This is really bad. Somebody should bandage McClay's arm. Also, should we just run the hell away?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:51 am »

''What... THE... HELL!!!!?'' Jonny couldn't believe this thing! It refused to die! It's lost limbs, a heart and a brain, and it still managed to burn all his hair off. That'll teach him for putting on too much hairspray, he guessed. The situation was looking grim. The guy that had been knocked out was just back in it, but looked in pain, the other guy lost half of his entire arm and the girl was way to close to that thing.
''Oh, bugger it!'' Jonny took a step back to get into optimal firing position and hoped his luck would hold as he fired his shots, aiming for the neck to sever the entire head, or atleast distract the thing to go for him. Noone's useful dead.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2012, 09:48:38 pm »

Yoink?  Could I get an action please?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2012, 01:30:11 am »

((Ack, sorry, I thought I had posted!))

Krokus raised an eyebrow at the thing, keeping his machete between it and himself.
"Hrm... Riddles? What happens if you ask 'em and I can't answer? Can we go straight to the fighting, then?"
He was still feeling bad about that tiger. "I mean, 'm all for avoiding violence, but, yeah."

>Ask this. If the answer is yes, choose the riddles. I can always fight it if I lose!
>If answering a riddle wrong would lose me the challenge, choose single combat and get ready for it to pounce. Prepare machete.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 8
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »

Turn 8

"YOU SHOULD REALLY GIVE UP!" Sera yelled, obviously disturbed as she hacked at his arms.

Hack arms with diplomacy!
Take the painkillers for the cracked ribs, and start shooting the bastard! Anywhere! Everywhere! If he's going to do that mouth thing again, run backwards and hide behind something.

I can take the pills and attack, right...?
''What... THE... HELL!!!!?'' Jonny couldn't believe this thing! It refused to die! It's lost limbs, a heart and a brain, and it still managed to burn all his hair off. That'll teach him for putting on too much hairspray, he guessed. The situation was looking grim. The guy that had been knocked out was just back in it, but looked in pain, the other guy lost half of his entire arm and the girl was way to close to that thing.
''Oh, bugger it!'' Jonny took a step back to get into optimal firing position and hoped his luck would hold as he fired his shots, aiming for the neck to sever the entire head, or atleast distract the thing to go for him. Noone's useful dead.
Belnor takes his pills, and Jonny gets into medium range, but you all attack.

Sera: [3] You hack his arms, but there is no diplomacy.  This opens you up to a counterattack!  [2][5]  His wild flailing does nothing to stop you. [6] You cut his right arm off!  Or would that be right tentacle?

Belnor: [4] You shoot him!  Everywhere!  Anywhere!  Specifically, you shoot him in the stomach.  Being that the thing is in no state to dodge, it sits there and takes it, like a real man. [4] You really pulverize his stomach with hot lead.

Jonny: [5] You shoot him in the neck, and it [6] completely severs it's head from it's body.  You're not quite sure if that did the trick, but it is falling down.

Mcclay grabs the forearm and takes off any fabric on it. He ties said fabric into a rope and attempts to tie the arm back on.

((Using a Kindle momentarily sono bolding this turn.))

[3] Nope.  You do manage to bandage your arm, though.

((Ack, sorry, I thought I had posted!))

Krokus raised an eyebrow at the thing, keeping his machete between it and himself.
"Hrm... Riddles? What happens if you ask 'em and I can't answer? Can we go straight to the fighting, then?"
He was still feeling bad about that tiger. "I mean, 'm all for avoiding violence, but, yeah."

>Ask this. If the answer is yes, choose the riddles. I can always fight it if I lose!
>If answering a riddle wrong would lose me the challenge, choose single combat and get ready for it to pounce. Prepare machete.

"Nothing will happen if you fail my riddle.  You must either pass my riddle or combat me to get through.  You can take as many tries and as long as you like.  Judging by your state..." It looks at you, "Combat with me would be a less than optimal idea."

((You can either make an intelligence check for the riddles, or you can just solve them yourself.  I made them up, so they're not very hard.))

"This is the first riddle, mortal:

Made from the giants of the earth

I am thin and flimsy.

But I can be turned into a great creation

or help you keep track of your  thoughts.

What am I?"

Enemy NPC's

Tentacle Man: It falls to the ground silently.  It isn't breathing or anything, so you can safely assume it's dead.

Stat gains for everyone!

Belnor: +1 to Will!  +1 to Str!  +4 to Ranged Weaponry!

Sera: +2 to End!  +1 to Dex!  +4 to Edged Weapons!

Jonny: +1 to Str!  +1 to End! +6 to Kinetic Firearms!

Mcclay: +3 to Int!  +2 to Kintetic Firearms!

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:02:08 pm by Baradine »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »

((I changed my stats so we are all good.))

Mcclay will take the painkillers and look for the truck.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2012, 01:04:02 pm »

Oh, and something I forgot.  Could you guys state how many bullets you want to fire?  It's not very fun just guessing how many bullets I have to take away.  :-\

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2012, 01:20:15 pm »

Mutter a quick prayer for our fallen foe, and search for that item!

Depending on each weapon, there's probably a limit to the number of shots per turn, right?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2012, 01:36:45 pm »

Yeah, be smart about it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

Poke corpse, see if there's... uh... anything I can do to help.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14