Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15512 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 2
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 06:13:14 pm »

I like these good rolls. First time for everything, I guess.

Hey, a question: Are there any hidden stats? A la luck or something?

No, but there are hidden skills.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:23 pm »

Jonny smiles. ''Thanks. I will try and get 5 rounds done before you get 7!'' And with that, they parted. Jonny, a little unsure what to do now, decides to sit and wait.

(PS: I don't want to overly abuse the mini-turns system, just because I'm more active (granted, I realise there is also a risk, but) so I'll wait until atleast another turn has passed.)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »

There should be a limit on mini-turns. Two sounds fine. Maybe more, as long as they don't make the player stronger? A la, a mini-turn just to converse with an NPC or something.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 08:48:34 pm »

Well, in a bit, mini turns won't be any problem.  I'm waiting for Yoink anyways.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »

Good, good. They really do make things more fun, to be honest. And if fights are solo against npc's, no reason to not scale enemies up to match stronger players, and let weaker ones fight more simple enemies.

Do I get moar mini-turns? I'd really like to Explore the arena. I know there's a map, but I want to search every single nook and cranny. Either that, or sort through my garbage dump of junk.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2012, 10:24:09 pm »

I want to get a full turn in.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

Next time, then. Though, I don't want this mini-turn to result in items, stat boosts or anything. Purely informational.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2012, 02:19:45 am »

"Huh. A beautiful creature," Krokus muttered to himself.
Normally, he wouldn't harm such an animal... But this was a dream, and it was in his way.
He tightened his grip on the machete, grinned savagely and ran quietly foward.

>Leap on the sleeping tiger and hack it to pieces! Then go... Left.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 07:31:47 am »

Just waiting on Irony Owl.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:46 am »

Wish I could join...

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:34 am »

Well, you can be on the waitlist if you want, and the first chance that a spot comes up, you'll get to play.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:09 am »

Sure put me in the waitlist. I can wait.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2012, 02:11:15 pm »

Gladly accept offer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 3
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »

Turn 3

Mcclay heads to the arean entrance and chills out for a while.

You chill.

Jonny smiles. ''Thanks. I will try and get 5 rounds done before you get 7!'' And with that, they parted. Jonny, a little unsure what to do now, decides to sit and wait.

(PS: I don't want to overly abuse the mini-turns system, just because I'm more active (granted, I realise there is also a risk, but) so I'll wait until atleast another turn has passed.)

You sit down next to Mcclay.  You speak not a word, but there seems to be a commotion going through the crowd of people around the padoga's.

Good, good. They really do make things more fun, to be honest. And if fights are solo against npc's, no reason to not scale enemies up to match stronger players, and let weaker ones fight more simple enemies.

Do I get moar mini-turns? I'd really like to Explore the arena. I know there's a map, but I want to search every single nook and cranny. Either that, or sort through my garbage dump of junk.

[4]  You search around through the arena, but you don't seem to find much.  However, you do get the general gist of what the three padoga's sell.  The 1st padoga sells creature comforts, such as a bed or a mirror.  The second padoga sells rather stylish clothes.  The third padoga sells very delicious smelling food, of whatever style you can think of.  [5] You notice a large space where there seems to be space for another padoga, but you cannot see anything.  Someone is starting to speak in the middle of the Foyer, and it distracts you.

"Huh. A beautiful creature," Krokus muttered to himself.
Normally, he wouldn't harm such an animal... But this was a dream, and it was in his way.
He tightened his grip on the machete, grinned savagely and ran quietly foward.

>Leap on the sleeping tiger and hack it to pieces! Then go... Left.
((Just a note, if Krokus wouldn't usually harm such a creature, then he could have sneaked around it, lured it with bait into a non lethal trap, or something like that.  These challenges are not always brute force solutions, and sometimes brute force could be next to impossible for someone of your level.))

| You leap at the creature, taking it by complete surprise (+1 to damage) | You stab it next to it's left shoulder blade.  You miss the heart, but you do rip apart it's lungs.  However, now the beast is awake, and ready to attack, although you have weakened it.

Gladly accept offer.

You accept Jag'Ell's offer quite graciously, and he teaches you a few tricks.  After you finish your little session, there appears to be someone speaking.

+1 to Edged Weapons.

There is a great crowd gathered around a beast that looks like Reno, except he is green.  He speaks:

"Settle down, everyone.  Settle down.  Now, I know you're all anxious from not being able to fight, but fret not!  We have completed repairs, and combatants may enter and compete in the arena at any time they wish!"  (You can now join the arena without waiting for Yoink to finish.)

There was much rejoicing.

Enemy NPC's

Tiger:  It pulls away from you, and starts to circle you, although it looks fairly pained. 

Stabbed Left Lung:  Extreme breathing difficulty(-1 to all rolls), has to roll to not choke on blood (previous modifier does not affect this roll).

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:25:44 pm by Baradine »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 3
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 09:07:46 pm »

"Yaaargh!"

>Finish it off, quickly, preferably before it can take a swipe at me.

'That is one real-looking tiger,' some voice in the back of Krokus' mind was saying, 'This is one of those really lifelike, real seeming dreams, I guess.'
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14