Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15417 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 10
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »

Uwaai.

So, a bit more into the crafting thing...I have no knowledge of, say, advanced chemistry. How will I know what to use to create, say, a home-made pipe-bomb? There's no way to just...Rely on the game to utilize it's magic?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:34:26 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 11
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 07:34:31 pm »

Turn 11

"fuck"

Mcclay waits for the Rhinoman to make the first move, preparing to jump out of the way and slash if it charges at him.

You brace yourself for a charge, and sure enough, it comes.  |  You perfectly dodge out of the way, and you slash down at the gigantic man. | You twist around and slice at his leg, and you cut the back of his kneecap, severing the tendon!  The beast stumbles to the ground, but it quickly gets back up, albeit standing on one leg.  His threat level has gone down significantly.

Well, I honestly have no idea what to use or how to reinforce the goggles. I was just hoping to go by magical RTD crafting abilities, to be honest. If I can't just try and reinforce them, I guess I'll just sign up for a solo match...AND NOT A LOGICAL ONE. Fuck that.

Well, so much for my cool plan, heh. Plus, please, not some logic thing. I'm not very smart.

You go and sign up for a match.  You are quickly transported into a large space with five other people.

"Hello and welcome to the Ceclasian Tournament!  This game's rather simple this time around.  The amount of people in this room must drop from five to three.  Good luck!"

The other contestants look fairly hostile, but no one has attacked each other.

Yet.

Krokus rose and nodded respectfully to the creature, his expression neutral as he headed for the left path.
>Go left! Machete at the ready and all that!

'Ah, a mouse. Been such a very long time since I've used one of those. I wonder if they even still use them, these days? They probably plug the computers straight into their brains, by now.'

You arrive at a small clearing.  There is an object in the middle that looks like a small trophy.  Across from you is another person, who just came out of the maze.

"Congratulations!  You both have made it to the Final Challenge!  What is this challenge you ask?" You can almost hear the announcer grinning.

"Only one of you can take the prize and win...."

Sera cleared her throat, pondering the challenge.

Liked cars, didn't like cars... neither of them would talk about anything they liked or disliked, so that much was just fluff; the only relevant parts had to be the ones one cared about and the other didn't. The wording on meat was strange- did it mean Jerry liked chicken but not meat in general? If so, that was a clue. If not, worthless.

The most obvious one, of course, was that Jerry liked Larry but Larry "didn't care." About Jerry, or about Larry liking him? Hm.

"So," she finally said to the two men. "Could you tell me about chicken, Jerry, and Larry?"

They both remain silent.

"Oh, too bad!  You asked the wrong question.  Good thing you still have two tries left.  Oh!  Did I forget to mention you only had three tries?  Oh well, not like it makes a difference!"

You can see the gunman fingering a bullet.

Enemy NPC's

Rhinoman:  He looks more wary of you.

Severed Left Knee Tendon:  Any rolls with the left leg are auto fail, and there is a -1 to movement.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 07:40:11 pm »

Krokus hesitated for only the briefest of moments before leaping into action, whirling his machete towards the stranger with a yell. At the last moment, he shifted his aim to their weapon arm rather than the skull, but still...
'I'm not going to go killing wildly again, not after that tiger. But hopefully they'll be more agreeable to negotiations once I've halved their arm tally...'
>React first!!

>Forward charge+chop off their arm!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 07:46:40 pm »

knowing that the Rhinoman would probably not fall for the same trick twice he he fegins a charge but dodges to the side before he gets hit and slash with his sword.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:44 pm »

Shout that the two weakest should be killed. Display my own strength, cunning, and ingenuity. Help the other two come to an agreement, and kill the ones we decide to not let live!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »

Sera sighed. Of course they'd have to complicate a riddle with shoddy communication.

With a 'hmph,' she decided to try the direct approach. These jackasses might be looking for an out of the box solution.

"What's your name?" she asked the one on the left.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 12
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2012, 01:00:41 am »

Turn 12

Krokus hesitated for only the briefest of moments before leaping into action, whirling his machete towards the stranger with a yell. At the last moment, he shifted his aim to their weapon arm rather than the skull, but still...
'I'm not going to go killing wildly again, not after that tiger. But hopefully they'll be more agreeable to negotiations once I've halved their arm tally...'
>React first!!

>Forward charge+chop off their arm!

| You quickly take the initiative, and you aim an attack at his arm.  |  Your body seems to have translated 'him' to 'you'.  As a direct consequence, you are out a left arm.

Sucks to be you.

Competitor:  Taking advantage of your folly, he strikes. | Arm slicing seems to be all the rage these days.

knowing that the Rhinoman would probably not fall for the same trick twice he he fegins a charge but dodges to the side before he gets hit and slash with his sword.

| Your feint is easily noticed, and the beast counter attacks!  | The beast backhands you with it's hoof, and knocks a few of your teeth out!  (-1 to all rolls from the pain)

Rhinoman: | His idoicy seems to catch up with him, as he can't quite figure out what to do next....

Shout that the two weakest should be killed. Display my own strength, cunning, and ingenuity. Help the other two come to an agreement, and kill the ones we decide to not let live!

[4... the things that would have happened on any less than that...]  You quickly group up with two others, but it seems that you have actually grouped up with the two weakest!  As you now have to fight, this may be a bit troublesome....

Combat Starts Next Round

Sera sighed. Of course they'd have to complicate a riddle with shoddy communication.

With a 'hmph,' she decided to try the direct approach. These jackasses might be looking for an out of the box solution.

"What's your name?" she asked the one on the left.

"... Jerry."

Thunderous applause fills your ears.

"Well done, competitor!  Game Master, would you please remove a round from the gun?"  And he does so.

"Well then, on to the next game!  This one doesn't require any extra props.  It's a little game from this beings home planet called 'Twenty Questions'.  Contestant, you know the rules, and the person you will be asking is the Game Master.  Have fun!"

((Just so you know, there was another way to solve that, and that was to ask one of them if they liked Jerry.  Jerry wouldn't say anything, whilst Larry would say he doesn't care.))

Enemy NPC's

Rhinoman:  He seems rather befuddled.

Severed Left Knee Tendon:  Any rolls with the left leg are auto fail, and there is a -1 to movement.

Competitor:  He doesn't seem willing to give up yet, even though his arm is gone.

Left Arm = 0:  Any actions that may call for the left arm are, obviously, autofail, and there is a -1 to defense.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:26:15 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2012, 01:09:15 am »

Before I fight, can I get a mini-turn, and just telling me what weapons everybody has?

Like, the four other guys. After that, for my main turn:

Shoot five shots at the enemy closest to me, and tell the other two guys on my side to rush the one that I'm not shooting at.

Hey, 3v2 isn't bad, even with "Weaker" guys.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:50:20 am by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:11 am »

Before I fight, can I get a mini-turn, and just telling me what weapons everybody has?

Like, the four other guys. After that, for my main turn:

Shoot five shots at the enemy with the longest-range weapon, and have any melee allies up front with me, and any medium/long-range allies behind us. The medium/long range will blast the closest melee-wielding enemy. The melee ally will rush the one I'm shooting.

Hey, 3v2 isn't bad, even with "Weaker" guys.

Everyone but you only has a machete.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2012, 01:19:29 am »

Oh. Lemme change my strategy, then.

Hey. How loyal are the guys on my side? Would you say that, if I asked 'em to rush a single target, whilst I pepper the other with bullets, would they do it? Or is there some kind of courage/loyalty roll going on there?

Sorry for all the questions.

Edit: Changed my action. I'm off to bed. Night!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:50:51 am by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2012, 01:52:13 am »

Well, they'll probably go through with it.  I mean, you've proven you're rough, tough stuff!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:29 am »

Sera blinked. This was... interesting.

"...does it use electricity?" she finally asked.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2012, 08:05:35 am »

((Hang on, when you say 'translated him to you', do you simply mean he did the same to me as I wanted to do to him, or have we been magically body-swapped? Also, my painkillers remove a -1 due to injury... Would that include the -1 to defence from a broken arm? 8)))

>If I am still in my body and painkillers would do that, jump back and sheath machete before grabbing out painkiller and consuming. Then grab out machete again and finish this fool off. In the FACE. He's made me mad, now.

>If I am still in my body and the painkiller wouldn't work for that, well I need to get the first strike since -1 to defence. Get first strike IN THE FACE.

>If I have actually been magically bodyswapped into the other guy, well... Panic. In the face? No not in the face.

'Agh! That... Bastard! I was trying to take him alive! No gratitude, is there. Teach me for trying to be merciful!'
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:49 am »

Attack the Rhinoman while he is confused.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »

((Hang on, when you say 'translated him to you', do you simply mean he did the same to me as I wanted to do to him, or have we been magically body-swapped? Also, my painkillers remove a -1 due to injury... Would that include the -1 to defence from a broken arm? 8))

It means you cut your own arm off.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14