Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: So, basic execution tower....  (Read 8154 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: So, basic execution tower....
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

As this thread had been derailed harder than the Phantom Train after a suplex, I will attempt to describe what Project Pandemic has achieved.

increased the volume of water in this chamber through judiscious exposure to underground lakes, and input from murky pools. This was linked to a Boatmurdered style "Fuck-the-World" device. Upon ignition, it should pump a large volue of contaiminated medium into the enviroment, explosing all life forms to both cave blob and cave floater syndromes. It is suspected that the water is releasing cave floater gas while at rest, so all dwarves have been made to avoid the areea. The mason who put up the wall was exposed, and shall be the first test subject.

Subject initially demonstrated pain, blistering and nausea, in non trivial amounts. Allthough not incapacitating, it greatly reduced his abilty to be a productive dwarf. it is expected that this will have a similar effect on Goblin Claus's little helpers.

Stage two caused high amounts of drowsyness and dizziness, and incapacitated him very quickly. Subject displays typical reaction to cave floater syndrome. Decontaimination showers activated, and mason was drug off to the hospital to recieve medical treatment. Somehow, his left lung was blistering. Will test more.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

All of you forget that the Jews of the time were claiming 6 billion dead as early as the 1930s.

Oh, what a thread this shall be.
Billion? Holy shit thats alot of circumcisions.

Assuming you meant "million", 6 million jews were killed in nazi death camps, along with 5 million russians, poles, hungarians, romanians, etc.

What many don't know is that the first victims of Nazi policies were the mentally incompetent, and political dissidents.

Blistering Lungs Might be able to kill, Don't know personally,little experiance with blistering. Fevers yes.

Did Anyone go to my other derailed thread link?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 05:44:38 pm »

I'm partial to a 4z tower, hollow in the middle, filled with magma.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »

Even bruised lungs are death sentences for non-super dwarvenly tough dwarves.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

Pull. The. Lever.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:41 am »

One does not simply... Put back a detailed thread
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

gazoko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 10:21:31 am »

That is one of the quickest, most irrelevant derails I have ever seen, a simple "You guys would be good nazis xD xD". My stack of hoods go off to Replica.

Back on topic. I use tall towers, just tall towers. I build them outside my fortress for prisoners (Goblins ect.) and do not clean them, for citizens and ex-citizens I have a very long chute inside the fortress, surrounded by statues and carvings, for temples mostly as I have a goal of one temple to Armok a Fort at the least (Gets rid of the useless too). I then have the poor bugger put in a coffin in the temple catacombs and run down some water to clean the splatters.

That said, my methods are outdated, I recommend a small drop into magma. Much more efficient and 'Dorfy.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »

Hmm... awesome mega project idea. Sink a shaft down to the magma. Must be a straight shaft. Every single level must be a cross shape, with a channel in the middle. (You may stop one z- above the final descent to save the miner.) Then construct stairs up the channel, and fill all the niches with statues. This way the condemned may have happy thoughts just before they hit the magma. Bonus points if the last set of statues are of a horrible, horrible death.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

Results:

I have successfully rendered outside uninhabitable. It's not that the mix of syndromes kill (often), it's that the floater extract is so dense outside it's impossible to escape. The vile waters causes pain and blistering on contact, but I don't believe any goblins died from it, besides getting knocked into a murky pool. The gaseous component, however, causes inhaled nausea, with subsequent fever, severe dizziness, and severe drowsiness. This made it trivial for the suicide squad to finish off the  goblin threat. They were then moved through decontamination to the hospital to stave off the same symptoms, which they all displayed. I will see if I can find a forgotten beast to add a fatality causing extract to the mixture.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 07:20:10 pm »

Results:

I have successfully rendered outside uninhabitable. It's not that the mix of syndromes kill (often), it's that the floater extract is so dense outside it's impossible to escape.

Good job turning something not so deadly into super deadly. Hope you find one with instant necrosis.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »

Are there any that cause dorfs/gobblinite ore to combust?

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »

You guys would make great nazi SS officers.
No... no, we would not. These are ASCII characters, not real people. Believe it or not, we can actually tell the difference. Crazy, huh?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »

Found a beast with deadly blood, and got it into the aquifer cannon. Excellent.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »

You guys would make great nazi SS officers.
No... no, we would not. These are ASCII characters, not real people. Believe it or not, we can actually tell the difference. Crazy, huh?
Be calmer with the universe, it was a black joke and a derail best left finished.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 09:46:19 pm »

- Dwarf Fortress players criticizing communism. If you have a capitalist fortress, post it here, please. I have never seen one despite numerous attempts.

Just because you play Tropico doesn't mean you support dictatorships.  Just because you play a game in which the dwarven hivemind enables communism to actually work doesn't mean you think it is a better economic system than regulated capitalism for large scale entities in reality.

Anyway, back to execution methods.

In older versions, before falling animals, enemies, etc killed dwarves, I was partial to a drop chamber above my dining hall, with pressure plates linked to hatches, so as the population of the drop chamber grew, more fell.  Now, I'm working on recreating it in a non-tantrum spiral causing way.  Do dwarves still witness a death if it is on a 1z column above them?  Like below?

Code: [Select]
___.___
Many more z levels
..._...
___W___
_ = floor
. = empty space
W = wall

The bottom floor is that of my dining hall.  Would the dwarves still witness it so they get used to death?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4