Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So, basic execution tower....  (Read 8149 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: So, basic execution tower....
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:19:43 pm »

GOD how I love post-soviet communists.

Ignorance is bliss, amirite misko27? ;p
No. My Grandfather was a, important official in the communist government of Yugoslavia.  As you may know, Yugoslavia was somewhat more sucessful the other Communist countries, and was a rare non-sattelite state, due to the Tito-Stalin Split. Now, no one mention anything following the death of Tito, cause my family left the country long befor ethe death of Tito, as I'll explain.

There is a NY times article saying all of this, Here

My Grandfather was a communist officer, a POW in WWII, but he was also a brilliant economist. This eventually made him a important man in the governent. However he becamed disillusioned by the Communist Bueracrats, and there complete and utter corruption, not so much blatantly, but in terms of how things were run. He defected to the US, along with his family (and his wife, who was a very important individual in the OZNA, Titos secret police). He became a economics professor, she a professor of comparitive literature.

Don't Mistake me for wide-eyed idealists who don't know of the gulags. I Know Exactly where i stand Damnit. And so did he. He didn't stand for Soviet Culture, he stood for Equality Damn It!

I have a suspicion that some of the more notorious stuff we do in DF would make the average Nazi blush.  It's not like they ever attempted the mass breeding and slaughter of a specific group for the purposes of turning them into trinkets.

Quote from: Wikipedia
After the gassings, the Sonderkommando removed the corpses from the gas chamber, then extracted any gold teeth, and — to minimize the distinct smell of burning human hair — they shaved the corpses, before delivering them to the crematoria or to the fire pits, ... The Sonderkommando were responsible for burning the corpses, and stoking the fires, draining body fat, and turning over the "mountain of burning corpses" for even combustion and a peak fire-temperature. Commandant Höss was impressed by the diligence of the Sonderkommando prisoners, despite their being "well aware that . . . they, too, would meet exactly the same fate", yet always doing their jobs "in such a matter-of-course manner that they might, themselves, have been the exterminators". Höss

There was a entier industry of using Jewish body byproducts and selling them to German companies. Hair, teeth, etc. Watch Shindlers List.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45:44 pm »

You wish to stand for communism, an ideology responsible for the murdering, torture and misery of over 100 million people?

You are a fool and an idiot misko27, you are no better than the nazi skinheads or other political morons that I have to argue with almost every day.
People like you are an utter disgrace to mankind and an insult to what our forefathers fought for.

Now enough, I don't want to ruin the Bay12 forums, one of the few sanctums left on the internet, with more of this cancer, it was a mistake to even mention the nazi SS joke from the start.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:40 am »

You wish to stand for communism, an ideology responsible for the murdering, torture and misery of over 100 million people?
I'm going to end it by saying I don't stand for communism, I'm just saying I prefer The communists over the fascists. The lesser of two evils. partially because hitler killed a comparabe number of people to stalin in less then half of stalins reign, let alone all communists everywhere ever.

Damnit, I have to say ONE more thing. What one person does in name of a ideology does not sescasatilly extend to the rest of the ideology. Muslim Terrorists should not lessen out image of islam, ku klux clan should not make all white people evil, etc... While Marx called for revolution, in his later years he had a more moderate appraoch, including p reforms through democratic means.

And I'm a god damned Democrat, not a communist.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:39:55 am »

Might I ask what the hell is wrong with you guys? Seriously?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 02:34:02 am »

You could, but you won't get many sane answers.

For the dignified sanctum of manners that bay12 is, the one thing that they will do is derail your thread beyond recognition. Check out this for another example.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 10:07:37 am »

Ballista are one of the few items that allow for damage via "friendly-fire".  By positioning the desired dead in the path of a training room (complete with a far-wall drop for bolt retrieval and reuse) you can train a dwarf in the art of siege weapons as you redefine staking a vampire!
Just give them helmets. People argue they're useless, but they crush skulls just fine.

Also where'd this political discussion come from? Bay12 ftw

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

Let's drop a bridge on the politics discussion. Tell us more about this:
I have a pool contaminated with Cave floater and Cave blob extract. I have.....An idea!

For !!SCIENCE!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:29 pm »

I have a pool contaminated with Cave floater and Cave blob extract. I have.....An idea!

For !!SCIENCE!!
Its strikes me as difficult to use, HOWEVER, There are multiple wys one could use dangerous extracts. I have one that makes things bleed to death, and I've used it to automatically keep the animal population down (Technically, I didin't do anything, it just got on the floor in the right spot.)

If I could use THAT as something to drop gobbos on, maybe in pools of water to make sure it gets on them, it woul dwork, but cave blob extract doesn't kill if I know my blobs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »

For !!SCIENCE!!
Its strikes me as difficult to use, HOWEVER, There are multiple wys one could use dangerous extracts. I have one that makes things bleed to death, and I've used it to automatically keep the animal population down (Technically, I didin't do anything, it just got on the floor in the right spot.)

If I could use THAT as something to drop gobbos on, maybe in pools of water to make sure it gets on them, it woul dwork, but cave blob extract doesn't kill if I know my blobs.
Cave blob extract only gives blister, I think. Still, should make their drowning more intresting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »

Do blisters itch? And if so, will itching blisters affect goblin archer's accuracy?

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:05 pm »

So, basically, this thread is made of:

- Sharing simple and efficient forms of mass-murder.
- Dwarf Fortress players criticizing Dwarf Fortress players because of that (this one is the biggest WTF)
- Several quotations from "historic events"  (with sources as reliable as mainstream newspapers, haha) to justify (and vice-versa) mass-murder (as if someone cared about that anyway when you've done at least one extremely cruel thing @ DF, which is mandatory in the first place)
- Dwarf Fortress players criticizing communism. If you have a capitalist fortress, post it here, please. I have never seen one despite numerous attempts.

Where the fuck am I. I didn't know the "weird side" of the internet had a weird side.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

You could, but you won't get many sane answers.

Check out this for another example.
Check out this for another example.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »

All of you forget that the Jews of the time were claiming 6 billion dead as early as the 1930s.

Oh, what a thread this shall be.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

All of you forget that the Jews of the time were claiming 6 billion dead as early as the 1930s.

Human population: 7 billion

Hanukkah party!

Saim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

My preference is the toilet....big vat of water...tube with a lever that opens the flood gate...forces them down the tube and down into the cave below. Not efficient by any means, but fun.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:02:40 pm by Saim »